MBB Game 32 - CAA Quarterfinals - JMU - 3/7/15, 2:30 PM SNY

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
Jojogunne

MBB Game 32 - CAA Quarterfinals - JMU - 3/7/15, 2:30 PM SNY

Post by Jojogunne »

Will this be our last game of the season, or will we live to fight another day?
HUSID80

Re: MBB Game 32 - CAA Quarterfinals - JMU - 3/7/15, 2:30 PM

Post by HUSID80 »

If we don't win this game it will be VERY disappointing. We finished a disappointing fifth in the league, predictions were for us to finish third and to end up with no wins would be tough.
Having said that I believe we will come to play Sat and take the game...tough for ANYONE to beat a team three times!
Polito

Post by Polito »

Agreed, this could be in HUs favor, very difficult to beat the same team 3 times - opposite happened to HU against ODU yrs ago when they had to try to beat them a third time in the postseason tourney at home and lost

I think they have the 'easier' bracket - a chance WM could get upset on sat, so if HU beats JMU they could make the title game - they really should win this game, no excuse not to, esp without Nation - really felt they had no biz losing twice to them...

But they did - so they'll have to show some mettle, adjust, and step up when it counts
Flying Dutchmen

Post by Flying Dutchmen »

We're definitely on the better side of the bracket, Northeastern is the one team I would not like to see us have to play, just not a great matchup for us.

I mean we really have to beat JMU this time. We squandered the game at home against them, and we had that awful referee from the Northeastern and Towson games on Saturday. Every game that guy refs is an unpredictable shit-show, hope he gets the boot for the CAA Tournament.

X-Factor is Malik Nichols. Coach has to play him more, and he can't get in foul trouble. Tanksley is killing us with his shot selection right now, he needs to scale it back if it's not dropping.

This team is an enigma, I just don't understand why they cannot play defense. But it should be a great CAAT weekend anyways, hope to see some of you guys down there, 1st beer on me!
EvanJ

Post by EvanJ »

SNY is showing the first two Quarterfinals live and the last two Quarterfinals delayed, but I don't expect many people to watch them delayed because SNY is showing them during the Semifinals, which are on NBC Sports Network.
Hofstra

Post by Hofstra »

Cant wait for this weekend.. First beer on FD? Wonderful.. I only drink expensive shit
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

I assume there will be no disciplinary action taken against Cabarkapa, even though there should be. We just have to hope our team doesn't do anything stupid trying to get back at him.
Jojogunne

Post by Jojogunne »

I hope all the CAA teams make it to Baltimore safely despite today's late-winter storm.
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

Haha look at this post by a JMU fan. They got almost none of their facts about Hofstra right, if any. http://csnbbs.com/thread-729306-post-11 ... id11843149
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

Agreed, I don't know what gives JMU such a superiority complex. After all they are merely a rest stop along an interstate...I see us stepping up on D and winning this game by about 7 points. On to SUNDAY!
HU87

Post by HU87 »

Cautiously excited for this game/tourney. We have "strong wildcard" written all over us, which I hope translates into fearlessness and tenacity for our team. JMU is incredibly beatable and not a terrible match up for us, despite our 0-2 record this season.

The upside is that it's difficult to beat the same team 3 times in a season, no less a team with as much talent as HU. I'm knocking on wood, but I think we'll take this one and hopefully get a shooting rhythm for the tournament going as well. If we can get "early season" hot, we have a real chance to make a strong run.
Dooku25

Post by Dooku25 »

Coach is coming up next on WFAn with Mike Francesa..
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

Just listened. Aside from the facts that Mike still thinks the tournament is in Virginia and all those VA schools are in our league is was a good interview. Joe got his points across and Francesa was very supportive of the school and program; talked about the days with Wright and Claxton etc...said place was rocking...praised JAM for turning program around...GOOD STUFF
jaspegs

Post by jaspegs »

Haven't been posting for a while, mostly because I've been In Belgium studying abroad but I've been following the season pretty closely since I've gotten here. Will be rooting hard for Hofstra even though I hate this matchup (jmu student). Don't tell the JMU fans haha. Roll pride!

BTW: Pretty good Francesa interview but was cringing when he was talking about the CAA tourney. Thought he was going to name drop GMU ODU or VCU and completely embarrass himself.
EvanJ

Post by EvanJ »

HU87 wrote: The upside is that it's difficult to beat the same team 3 times in a season
http://defiantlydutch.blogspot.com/2015 ... ainst.html disagrees.
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

We're currently 5 point favorites
Dooku25

Post by Dooku25 »

Gameday has finally arrived. I'm expecting to see this team in "tournament mode." And that means 40 minutes of effort on D. There's no tomorrow if they don't bring the D and I think they are fully aware of that. We should know early in the game which Hofstra team has shown up. But i think they will do enough on D to get the job done and advance!

As for the earlier game, I think Elon has a puncher's chance, having beat W&M earlier this season. Their game went to OT last night, so fatigue could be a factor, but you never know what can happen in a tournament game. Maybe W&M comes out tight, while Elon already has a game in Baltimore under their belt. Should be interesting to see!
cactus
Site Admin

Post by cactus »

Hofstra has played their best defensive game all year, and they've rebounded great as well. JMU hasn't had an offense all day. Up 9 with about 8 to go, let's see if they learned to close out a game.
HofstraHockey

Post by HofstraHockey »

Do they ever. Wow. Way to pull away when the opportunity presented itself.