Lack of HU Sports Advertising/Marketing is UNACCEPTABLE

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
Wags

Re: Lack of HU Sports Advertising/Marketing is UNACCEPTABLE

Post by Wags »

pridehoops2015 wrote:
Wags wrote:
richs wrote:I was just on the GoHofstra website. Looks like they are making a decent effort to promote Thursdays game. Tail Gate party for students and a 2 for 1 ticket deal. Hope it works. Check it out.
That's more like it.

There should be a large banner in the student center showing the same.

And there should have already been a similar looking ad in Newsday running this week.

(hate the new UNCW logo by the way; the old one was SO much better).

I like uncws new logo. Old looked like clip art.
To each their own. I thought their old logo was maybe the best in the league. This new one looks to me like a 5th-grader made it in an art class. Not a lot of imagination to it, IMO. But I'll give you this -- I do like that the top of the seahawk's head is a white "w" for Wilmington.
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

Hofstra Athletics made a youtube video for tomorrow's game
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Eg6AI-eRpY

There's also one for the women's game on Friday.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIbgojDfhHI
Last edited by ProudofPride on Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Polito

Post by Polito »

About friggin time - only took 3/4's of the entire season to see some real effort here - and these are the things that need to be done - better late than never I suppose - hoping this means someone finally woke up and will keep this up throughout the rest of the season

lol, ph15 with the old school 'clip art' reference, I dig it :D

I think twitter is a major outlet that still has potential for even more use - I recently stumbled upon the Hofstra Alumni twitter, it's good, and it should be used to promote these games

Zach Braziller tweeted that he will be in attendance covering, so that's good stuff, along with Jerry Beach - how do we get Jon Rothstein, Jeff Borzello, etc. to all at least follow and tweet about it? Sometimes they do on their own, just curious if there's a way to encourage it (I admit, I don't have an account to post yet, but I do follow it a lot)
joeg1

Post by joeg1 »

Now I hope the team "shows up", too!
Wags

Post by Wags »

joeg1 wrote:Now I hope the team "shows up", too!
Yeah funny how that could backfire, eh? People complain all year about lack of promotion, then there's finally good promotion before a big game. And if the team plays poorly and loses big, those people won't come back and you're back to square one despite all the promoting. Then you might have been happier if you hadn't promoted the game so much. I don't think so though. I think both teams will play well and the game will be befitting of a battle for first-place.
Cards

Post by Cards »

Check out the school website. Talks about two MBB articles in USA today

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nc ... /79768806/

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nc ... /79770880/

WOW - FINALLY some activity. Promotions, website stuff, newspapers...... This should have been the type of push going on all season long! Better late than never.
Hofstra

Post by Hofstra »

The video for the mens game really blows.. After watching it, I would almost rather them not do a video.. Hype video that woulda been featured on Barstool, or don't even try..

In regards to the game, I can't wait... Hope the place is packed out 2morrow, but in all honesty, I doubt it will be.. All this marketing, I wouldn't call it world beating marketing.. I hope I am wrong, but I do not expect the crowds some might be anticipating.

Go Hofstra
pridehoops2015

Post by pridehoops2015 »

Hofstra wrote:The video for the mens game really blows.. After watching it, I would almost rather them not do a video.. Hype video that woulda been featured on Barstool, or don't even try..

In regards to the game, I can't wait... Hope the place is packed out 2morrow, but in all honesty, I doubt it will be.. All this marketing, I wouldn't call it world beating marketing.. I hope I am wrong, but I do not expect the crowds some might be anticipating.

Go Hofstra
wtf. the school cant win with some of you. its absolutely amazing.
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

I anticipate our best crowd of the year but it won't be world beating. I expect somewhere around 2500 fans...not bad but not great...win the game and we build from ther!
pridehoops2015

Post by pridehoops2015 »

HUSID80 wrote:I anticipate our best crowd of the year but it won't be world beating. I expect somewhere around 2500 fans...not bad but not great...win the game and we build from ther!
i agree. a step in the right direction.
joeg1

Post by joeg1 »

If we get a few hundred loud students, I'll be happy. Would like 3k in total

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
Jojogunne

Post by Jojogunne »

We need to bring back the guy who took off his shirt. Or maybe have that wacky administrator lead the charge.
Hofstra

Post by Hofstra »

pridehoops2015 wrote:
Hofstra wrote:The video for the mens game really blows.. After watching it, I would almost rather them not do a video.. Hype video that woulda been featured on Barstool, or don't even try..

Go Hofstra
wtf. the school cant win with some of you. its absolutely amazing.
The school can win.. Please don't tell me you think that is some sort of great video.. Is it nice they attempted a video? Yea.. Does it look like it was done by a high schooler? Yea.. I understand Rome wasn't built in a day, so there is a lot to do here..
Polito

Post by Polito »

Easy all, same team, and we need to be positive as a unit right now - we don't have enough fans to not be on the same page!!

Very glad to see them at least producing some promo material - All can be improved of course, but it's a start

I'm a huge fan of promo videos, VT fans do a tremendous job with it - HU could use that - Hofstra, do you have the ability to produce impact promo videos? Or do we know someone who can?

As an example of what I consider top quality:

VT Football Trailer 2015
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6dHfTKvEbw

sorry, you guys know I'm ALL about my Hokies - but the point is, they have a couple of fans who produce videos like this every single year, and they do it on their own, unpaid - it's damn impressive - and this is for a pretty crappy team by VT standards - some of the other vids when they are winning more are even better

would LOVE to have someone with these skills around here - anyone??
garyg

Post by garyg »

Guess my email to Hathaway had an impact...LOL
RollPride15

Post by RollPride15 »

Polito, there are about 100 kids in the RTVF department who could make a great promotional video. I think if Hofstra offered some incentive for one of the best filmmaker/PR people in the school to put something together they'd jump on it.
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

Krista and Joe are walking around campus handing out tickets to students.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BBXwnhajcQb ... fstrapride
https://twitter.com/HofstraPride/status ... 1521364992

There are some Periscope videos of it as well, but the replays are only available for 24 hours since that's how the app works.
https://www.periscope.tv/w/1lDxLDgADpRxm
https://www.periscope.tv/w/1mnGebQmaZLJX
Polito

Post by Polito »

Now THAT'S what I want to see - ALL IN COMMITMENT to putting fans in the seats

Should they have to? Nope. But they do. And they are. And I'm excited and proud to see them humbling themselves to make things happen.

These teams deserve support - doing my best to get there tonight, and I encourage everyone to do the same - even for part of it will help - we can't complain if we're part of the problem, let's SHOW UP and SHOW OUT!
Dooku25

Post by Dooku25 »

I think they've done all they can to market this one game at least. I hope they get the results they are looking for and the team gets to play in front of large, enthusiastic crowd. The team deserves it.
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

Where are the free shirts!!!!! Need t-shirts...amazing what a cheap free t shirt will do!