Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
ZMAN3

Re: Men's Basketball Schedule 2015-16

Post by ZMAN3 »

HU and my Spartans have something in common - Home game vs FAU
EvanJ

Post by EvanJ »

Counting Molloy, the 12 out of conference games are 1 fewer than in 2014-2015.
Wags

Post by Wags »

Polito

Post by Polito »

I like how the CAA sched plays out for them for the most part...although I see a couple of stretches where they play key conf games just 2 days apart - hope these guys are conditioned

regarding the home games and home fans: it's in a tough spot at the moment - yes, I would like more non-conf home games...but if they are against poor quality AND/OR the team plays poorly, that doesn't bode well for support (i.e. last yr) - so playing devils advocate you can also say hey what's the point of more home games when the crowd doesn't show, and the team constantly stinks the bed on their own floor? Kind of a catch 22 I know, but that's the reality - and for JM and the team, they need to know, it's not just that you have to win every home game, but my goodness you need to at least play WELL - people around these parts are not going to show up just for the sake of support (outside of the real diehards), they are going to attend when there's something to see - and I'm sorry, but the home game performances last year, outside of SBU, were really quite bad

I think this is a very key year for JM - there is ZERO excuse for this team not to produce - it's go time - schedule is VERY winnable - take the CAA, and it's NCAA or bust.
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

There are quite a few home conference games during the winter break... always a challenge in getting people out... hope the marketing folks are on their toes and working the communities and groups... there is NO excuse in my mind for having less than 3,000 people in the Mack for ?EVERY home game...JUST DO IT!
Cards

Post by Cards »

Just submitted my order for seasons tickets (same seats as last year). Season can't start soon enough as far as I'm concerned. Maybe I'll try to watch an open practice next month.

Will attend all home games, will definately try to get to the Stony Brook game (at SB), an maybe even the MSG game.
Polito

Post by Polito »

Ya know, I just read that *MSU* is playing AT NU this yr - in their little HS of a gym

I don't want to hear a damn thing from HUs staff about not being able to get good home games against power teams - I mean that is HUGE - and NU is coming off a tourney and is expected to be good again, so it's not that MSU thinks this is some cakewalk

Even UD had UVA AT HOME just recently - I mean c'mon - one thing i didnt like is they started the schedule video basically making excuses for what was about to be unveiled - stop with the excuses - every school faces the same challenge and others IN THE CAA are making it happen

They made a small step in the right direction this yr, but there is a lot of room to improve

The expectation of the HU staff should be MUCH higher to do a MUCH better job in the coming yrs - this is FLAT OUT PROOF it can be done

I don't give a rip if you have to do a 2 for 1, friggin do it - play a ranked team, a major power team, get your program out there and give yourself at least a SHOT to pull an upset and make major noise - I know it's only yr 3 for this staff, so I need to be fair ... But at the same time I don't want to hear its not doable when your CONFERENCE COUNTERPARTS are DOING IT.

Tell ya one thing, if UK does in fact come up here to play at NC HU better do WHATEVER THE HELL THEY HAVE TO to be one of their opponents.
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

Polito wrote:Ya know, I just read that *MSU* is playing AT NU this yr - in their little HS of a gym

I don't want to hear a damn thing from HUs staff about not being able to get good home games against power teams - I mean that is HUGE - and NU is coming off a tourney and is expected to be good again, so it's not that MSU thinks this is some cakewalk
NU and MSU have a 3 sport home and home series planned. MSU is coming to Boston this year for MBB, WBB, and hockey, and NU is going to Michigan with those 3 sports next season. We absolutely could do something like this (obviously with either 2 sports or something different as a third sport, especially if NU can, considering the huge difference in facilities between us and Northeastern. At this point, it's up to our coach to get on it.
cactus
Site Admin

Post by cactus »

At least 9 of the games this year will be televised

http://gohofstra.com/news/2015/10/23/MB ... 51104.aspx
EvanJ

Post by EvanJ »

kkan126 wrote: Clearly the NY rivalry worked with Stony Brook last year...would've been interesting to continue that even though the Red Storm is the clear better program.
The Red Storm isn't the clear better program this season. Hofstra is clearly better.
daHUPride

Post by daHUPride »

starting 2 Saturdays ago vs JMU - we embarked on a 8 game stretch (playing JMU x 2, WM x 2, NE x 1 and UNCW x 1) that is arguably the hardest part of our 2015-16 schedule - it concludes against WM on the road on Feb 11th.

we are currently 4-1 in those 8 games - and would be great to come out of it 6-2 but more realistically would take 5-3.
HofstraMathew

Post by HofstraMathew »

daHUPride wrote:starting 2 Saturdays ago vs JMU - we embarked on a 8 game stretch (playing JMU x 2, WM x 2, NE x 1 and UNCW x 1) that is arguably the hardest part of our 2015-16 schedule - it concludes against WM on the road on Feb 11th.

we are currently 4-1 in those 8 games - and would be great to come out of it 6-2 but more realistically would take 5-3.
I think if we want the one seed we have to beat UNCW Thursday and then at least the winner of whoever wins the game today between W&M and JMU
daHUPride

Post by daHUPride »

HofstraMathew wrote:
daHUPride wrote:starting 2 Saturdays ago vs JMU - we embarked on a 8 game stretch (playing JMU x 2, WM x 2, NE x 1 and UNCW x 1) that is arguably the hardest part of our 2015-16 schedule - it concludes against WM on the road on Feb 11th.

I think if we want the one seed we have to beat UNCW Thursday and then at least the winner of whoever wins the game today between W&M and JMU
what a great schedule- the last 6-7 games for us, UNCW, MW and JMU - we all play each other - we have our work cut out for us but it is in our hands - you can't ask for more
daHUPride

Post by daHUPride »

well we went 5-3 in those 8 games - with 3 heartbreakers in those losses
we have to clean up the rest of our conference schedule with only one really tough game vs UNCW
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

JAM blasted the CAA schedule of Thursday/Saturday in his post game remarks tonight. Said it really hurts the student athletes. Wonder if League will go back to Wed/Sat next year.
Wags

Post by Wags »

HUSID80 wrote:JAM blasted the CAA schedule of Thursday/Saturday in his post game remarks tonight. Said it really hurts the student athletes. Wonder if League will go back to Wed/Sat next year.
He stopped himself from doing that a few weeks ago, after a home game. He said he'd leave that for another time. I guess that was tonight.

Should be more spaced out, Wed/Sat. Makes little sense to play 2 in 3 days and then 4 days off every week.