MBB recruits 2016

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
garyg

Re: MBB recruits 2016

Post by garyg »

Expectations are that EP will sign during early period and that along with a great upcoming season could be a real boost to the spring signing period...staff still involved with some good players who wish to sign in spring
Polito

Post by Polito »

I would def expect him to sign now after the battle to land the commit - should be a big boost in addition to a great season to land the remaining talent needed

#LETSGODANCIN
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

Great news! May this be the first of many this year!
garyg

Post by garyg »

I think the staff will add some quality players in the spring to join EP on campus next year...this years team needs to do it's part and reach March Madness...recruits will take notice
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

Finally an acknowledgement of the signing by a coach, so maybe the press release is coming tomorrow.
https://mobile.twitter.com/CoachFarrell ... 1086700544
cactus
Site Admin

Post by cactus »

bobe13

Post by bobe13 »

He will be part of our team when we play Kentucky on Dec.10th 2016.
Wags

Post by Wags »

The stats sounds good. A little of everything, at least offensively. We'll see about his D, but his scoring, rebounding, assists, and the fact that he's improved significantly from his first year, to his second, to his third, along with his decent height for a guard at 6-4, plus the All-State awards he received, all sound very promising. Looking forward to seeing him in a Hofstra uniform to see how he pans out.
Polito

Post by Polito »

Welcome to the program EP!!! One of the next stud guards and future pros from HU! Looking forward to seeing you lighting it up and making a statement against the big bad boys from UK on our local turf next yr!!
daHUPride

Post by daHUPride »

Welcome EP!!!
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

EP fills out the stat sheet in the same manner that Juanya Green does. Looks to be a solid addition with good height for a shooting guard.
garyg

Post by garyg »

JAM described EP as being an "impact" recruit
Dooku25

Post by Dooku25 »

It's been a great week between this and the Kentucky game announcement. Think we already have in place our future Green, Tanksley, Bernardi combo in Buie, JWF and Pemberton. JAM has done a tremendous job here so far, there is no doubt about it. I am fine with landing only 1 player in the early signing period. He is not settling. We are getting impact players only. I do hope they can add a JUCO in the spring though. Exciting times ahead for sure.
Polito

Post by Polito »

My bet is JM and staff will look to reel in about 2-3 big time transfers, either JUCO or other D1's, especially with the big UK game and the fact they'll be losing significant leadership and playmakers - HU will need guys who can step in and make immediate impacts to fill the gaps

The core will be still be strong with Sr Powers and Soph Buie running point, Sr Bernardi at the 2 and Soph JWF likely at the 3 along with EP jumping in the 2/3, plus Jr's Gustys and Walker down low - they will need major support and playmakers on the wing, so I'm expecting them to land some experienced talent in that spot

Guessing another HS frosh or 2 will fill it out...but the focus IMO is experienced playmakers who can step on the floor and be studs from game 1
Andersjorstad

Post by Andersjorstad »

Don't forget Sabety! At this point I'd say the projected lineup for next season is Powers-Bernardi-Robinson-Gustys-Sabety with Buie, JWF, Walker, and Pemba coming off the bench. Not bad even as is. Get a couple of JUCO or graduate transfer guys and we're really talking.
garyg

Post by garyg »

I want Atwan Walker
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

Putting this here since it's the current recruiting thread, and this isn't necessarily worth my if its own thread, but it looks like it was a blessing in disguise that Jermaine Lawrence (Cincinatti transfer) did not choose Hofstra when his final decision was made between HU, Iona, and Manhattan. He was injured for a lot of the season last year at Manhattan, and was suspended for the entire first semester this season for "violation of team rules". His mother was unhappy with the school's decision to suspend him, and as of today he has withdrawn from Manhattan.
Polito

Post by Polito »

Yeah saw that trouble brewing, never got around to posting - a shame, he could've had a great finish to his college career here - but wasn't meant to be and HU better off for it

Like JM said, who do you want to be around for these key yrs of your life? Hope others are paying attention - Buie chose right and he has a bright future because of it

As much as I want to see better play, I am SUPER proud of the quality students and citizens this program is now producing
Polito

Post by Polito »

little side note, I'm wondering if the FL JUCO HU has been frequenting is Northwest Florida State College... they are coached by none other than former HU assistant Steve DeMeo - they also happen to be the '14/'15 JUCO national champs - lot of talent on that team

after some good sleuthing discovered that 6'7 F Jeromy Rodriguez has been an HU target, at least before going JUCO - he and another superstar teammate (former Cuse commit Moustapha Diagne) also played together at Pope John Paul HS, which is where JM landed Jamal Robinson...

Connections all over, and REAL good ones to have.