MBB recruits 2015

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
stuball888

Re: MBB recruits 2015

Post by stuball888 »

Its only one year and a bridge so others can develop.
garyg

Post by garyg »

Coach indicated today that he would still like to sign someone with last scholarship this spring as opposed to hanging on to it for longer period of time....also as of now no player on Hofstra roster has indicated to him that they would be leaving program
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

That's ok news. Would not cry if Gonzalez or Robinson decided to move. Then again JAM may think they can be helpful pieces for the future.
Polito

Post by Polito »

Yeah I prefer that no one leave at this point, even if its guys that will play off the bench, this team needs all the experience, its good for the stability and team cohesiveness/trust

Hoping Robinsons play was just a soph slump and we'll see a much better player yr 3

And they absolutely utilize the final scholly - don't want them to settle, but really would've like to see this already done - but def want them to bring in a wing guy - adding this to next hr really is a lot of ships in one class...

Lets land an impact guy
DMV Dutch

Post by DMV Dutch »

Brad Winton
‏@JucoRecruiting
Daytona State guard Wesley Algecaire has committed to Bowling Green
DMV Dutch

Post by DMV Dutch »

Alex Kline @TheRecruitScoop · 45m 45 minutes ago
South Carolina announced Reggie Theus Jr, Demetrius Henry & Shamiek Sheppard will transfer.
HU87

Post by HU87 »

Would be a great fit! He is also coming off a torn ACL, so something to keep in mind.

I believe it was us, Iona, Drexel, and Towson who were initially in it for him the most before he went to SC. It appears Iona is out of scholarships, but that never seems to be an issue over there. If the destinations are similar to his prep days, you'd hope he'd see more value in coming home (Brooklyn kid) versus going to Drexel (downward trending) or Towson. He was a 3 star recruit and has the type of skill set we're looking for/need.

Injuries and a suspension last season are concerns, but this one might be worth taking a risk on.
garyg

Post by garyg »

It was around this time last year when Rokas chose Hofstra....come on JAM...what's taking so long? LOL
Jojogunne

Post by Jojogunne »

budman

Post by budman »

I would think we would a shot at him. Lets go get him we sure could use someone who can play defense.
garyg

Post by garyg »

As of today coach has 2 more guys scheduled for visits
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

garyg wrote:As of today coach has 2 more guys scheduled for visits
Do you have any idea who they are? Did they visit this past weekend????
garyg

Post by garyg »

One guy was scheduled to visit Hofstra this past weekend but decided on St. Joseph's before Hofstra visit...he was a 6-6 kid from Philly....as of now 2 other visits are scheduled over next 9 days...both kids are transfers and both are wing players...that is all info I have right now
Andersjorstad

Post by Andersjorstad »

The wing you refer to who picked St. Joseph's is Charlie Brown, but he was 2016, not 2015. Unless you mentioned that earlier and I didn't catch it. Regardless, a transfer guard is exactly what the team needs right now. Any idea if they're immediately eligible or not?
garyg

Post by garyg »

I asked if they would be eligible next season and was not given an answer,,,be interesting to know who these 2 players are that are scheduled to visit....staff appears to have no interest in big man Adonis DeLarosa...his coaching staff at St. Johns did not provide a positive report on kid
joeg1

Post by joeg1 »

Andersjorstad wrote:The wing you refer to who picked St. Joseph's is Charlie Brown, but he was 2016, not 2015. Unless you mentioned that earlier and I didn't catch it. Regardless, a transfer guard is exactly what the team needs right now. Any idea if they're immediately eligible or not?
Charlie Brown? What a blockhead!
bobe13

Post by bobe13 »

fyi- Last year I sent coach a copy of the verbal commit list I think it was Rivals but not sure-he said that was all bull. Not sure he was serious or wanted to protect the info. I would guess a combo of both
garyg

Post by garyg »

Verbal appears to be relatively accurate...not 100% accurate
garyg

Post by garyg »

Confirmed that both of the wings that will be visiting Hofstra over next 8 days would have to sit out next season
Polito

Post by Polito »

Have to say, that's a bit disappointing - that means they are going to fully rely on the same guards to win this conf, and based on what we saw last yr, that doesn't give me a lot of confidence - I know they'll add Djambo and now Koon, which I thought was a good pickup, but is that really enough?? What if Koon isn't 100%?

I just really expected a LOT more in this recruiting period - there were a gazillion transfers and 5th yr guys, on top of Jucos galore, and the best they got was 1 guy coming off a major injury...

To me the staff dropped the ball here - this team needed an immediate impact wing guy to help them win the CAA this yr - they addressed the big man, admittedly a bigger need, but with a risk guy and then no one to fill the guard spot - I don't know... Not impressed

They can talk all they want about winning the conference, but when you finish 5th after being picked as a legit top 3 contender, and you beat no one of quality even with a crappy schedule, that doesn't give a warm and fizzy feeling when you then couldn't bring in the talent level needed to elevate to the desired level of getting to the dance

Really hope Djambo and Koon turn out to be MAJOR impact guys