MBB recruits 2015

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
HUSID80

Re: MBB recruits 2015

Post by HUSID80 »

Don't worry, he's not coming to Hofstra.
Andersjorstad

Post by Andersjorstad »

I agree, don't think there's any reason he would leave Drexel for Hofstra. He could get some serious playing time at a big school and that's probably where he's going. If you're looking for an in-conference transfer, Four McGlynn seems much more likely. He's already visited Rhode Island, Iona, and Albany. So he's looking at at least a couple of NY schools.
Cards

Post by Cards »

Quick note - DB and JWF named to first team all city team. Very nice incoming tandem!

Rawle Alkins (2016) named all city MVP. Interestly, although he is a junior, due to transferring, he has no high school eligibility left. Wierd that a guy like this will ahve to sit out his high school senior year. i don't expect we have a real chance of landing him at HU (he has major offers from everywhere) but maybe Speedy can work some magic (both from CTK).
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

Cards wrote:Quick note - DB and JWF named to first team all city team. Very nice incoming tandem!
http://www.msgvarsity.com/brooklyn-bron ... -1.1699029
Dooku25

Post by Dooku25 »

Maryland is all over Damion Lee. I dont care where he goes, just get him out of the CAA. Makes things a little easier for Hofstra.
Andersjorstad

Post by Andersjorstad »

I'm actually bummed that he and McGlynn could be leaving the conference. Ultimately one would prefer the conference gets better rather than worse so that the conference as a whole looks better and draws better seeds in the NCAA's. Sure, an auto-bid is nice, especially if it comes easy. But if everyone in the conference is terrible you're just going to draw Duke's and Kentucky's every year.
Dooku25

Post by Dooku25 »

I agree Anders, but I'm just thinking short term right now. Next year the CAA will be a 1 bid league with or without Lee and McGlynn. It's our opportunity to win the league. Northeastern was a 14 playing ND this year. I'm hoping our OOC will be much stronger next year so that if we do win the league, we can be looking at no worse than 14.

It'll take time to build the CAA back up to where it was before. I'd like to see Hofstra win the league a few times during the process.
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

Great to see that two of the city's top players are coming to Hofstra. Surprised that no big men have committed knowing the caliber of these guards...keeping fingers crossed.
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

Another transfer to look at 6-2 freshman guard Tarin Smith transferring from Nebraska. Is from Ocean Township NJ...played 17 mpg last season as a true freshman.
Jojogunne

Post by Jojogunne »

Desure Buie and Wings Academy are playing Oak Hill Academy tonight at 6:00 on ESPNU:

http://www.dicksnationaltournament.com/
Polito

Post by Polito »

New transfers popping up every day this time of yr, no shortage of potentials, time to seal some deals

There's a Gonzaga 5th yr, 6'8 200 and change, think Angel Nunez maybe - got talent, and from NYC - hope staff is looking at him and EVERY other option

There's no reason not to land 2 quality guys to fill needs
HU87

Post by HU87 »

Jojogunne wrote:Desure Buie and Wings Academy are playing Oak Hill Academy tonight at 6:00 on ESPNU:

http://www.dicksnationaltournament.com/
Oak Hill has 5 guys playing major level D1 basketball next year-- should be great to see how Buie plays against the best team in the country.
Dooku25

Post by Dooku25 »

Buie led all scorers with 22. Looks like we are getting a good one.
Jojogunne

Post by Jojogunne »

Polito

Post by Polito »

Been saying for quite some time this kid has real talent - valiant effort by wings against the #1 team in the land right now - for Buie to perform like a boss in a game like this is big time - don't think everyone has given enough credit to the staff for this get...he's got to prove it at the next level against bigger players game in and out, but there's no question he is one of the best PGs not just in the state, but in the CLASS nationally

Now the staff needs to complete the class with some real post talent, but there's no denying the 2 guards have ability

And want to note Rokas STARTED on OHA last yr...he was a huge pickup for HU, believe his value will only increase as he progresses
Cards

Post by Cards »

I watched some of the game - DB can play. The team he was up against easily had the size of most teams HU plays against (and bigger than some). DB played well and was not imtimidated going to the basket - had some really quick moves and slashes in getting to the hoop against some big-time high school players. Looks very smooth and confident shooting free throws (always a plus). In addition, he did not pick up his own first foul until the fourth quarter (I like that). he appears to have great basketball sense and smarts, and was really in control.

i'm very happy he is coming our way! great get (likely a little under the radar due to size - but I did not see it as a hinderance against a D1 sized team). A little weight will only help though.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Offensively never had a problem with DB. What I was worried about and I still worry about is his D against larger guards. He is quick but is he "Speedy Quick"?
Polito

Post by Polito »

Fair question on his D, don't have info on that...
Polito

Post by Polito »

What in the world is going on??? No noise whatsoever - tons of action all over the country, yet haven't even heard how Wesley's visit went - what gives?? Where's the buzz??
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

There will be news soon enough... makes it more fun this way, like Christmas!