MBB Game 26 - Northeastern - 2/12/15, 7 PM

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
stuball888

Re: MBB Game 26 - Northeastern - 2/12/15, 7 PM

Post by stuball888 »

Expectation were too high in the early part of schedule I remember Jojo telling us not to get too excited because the teams we played were poor I am now hoping for between 18 and 22 wins. I see us getting closer to that 18 win mark. You can coach size and when we play four guards we lack size on the court. Time for the coaching staff to earn their dime. Look at drexel now. We blew them out but Bruiser seems to have righted their ship and I see them as a dark horse that can make some noise in the CAA tourney.
EvanJ

Post by EvanJ »

ProudofPride wrote: We had 17 rebounds for the entire game… Have we ever had that few?
It's our fewest rebounds going back to 2000-2001. I e-mailed Hofstra's Stephen Gorchov about going farther back and he hasn't responded.
Polito wrote: Hoping for 20 wins and maybe losing in the champ game for the NIT - otherwise it's hope for a crap lower tourney to get some experience in - at this point I just want to see them play any postseason
I don't think that will be enough to make the NIT.
Polito

Post by Polito »

Def might not be, guessing they'll have to do at least that to even have a shot...

You're right Stu, they're just not ready yet to do big things - disappointed but I've settled with it because i can see how hard they're working - can still have a positive yr, would like to see them get to a postseason and extend the season, more experience can only help next yr
bobe13

Post by bobe13 »

I don't see any possibility of post season play -its another wait til next year. But at least we are improving.
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

Ok guys dose of reality. In leagueslike ours you don't get thr the NIT unless you are the regular season champ and then lose in the conference tournament. We will not be the regular season winner. If we win one or two in the CAA then we will definitely have the opportunity to play in the lessor pay for play tourneys and an outside shot at an at large for the NIT.

Bottom line this is a rebound year for the program and we are just a little short of what was expected. Still time to finish strong and make us all proud.
Polito

Post by Polito »

Ah yes, I remember, thx - NIT is out, but I think this team should play in whatever postseason they can - they are certainly not above it - can really help for next yr

Although I will say, the conf tourney really is up for grabs - every team is losing, often to poor ones, so everyone is beatable - it's conceivable that the top teams could get upset early leaving the door wide open - and HU does have decent depth

It's a major long shot IMO, but I do agree with the general consensus that literally anyone could win this league - and that right there means HU still has a shot, even if its a long one...

Stranger things have happened