Media Thread

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
daHUPride

Re: Media Thread

Post by daHUPride »

triplec2195 wrote:I don't know why but I have a vague recollection of Adrian Uter. I'm very familiar with his name but just don't have any images that stick out in my mind. He now plays professionally in a Jamaican league and I guess because his career here was short lived only 2 seasons I just can't remember seeing him play.
Uter was good - REAL good.
bean-pie

Post by bean-pie »

daHUPride wrote:
triplec2195 wrote:I don't know why but I have a vague recollection of Adrian Uter. I'm very familiar with his name but just don't have any images that stick out in my mind. He now plays professionally in a Jamaican league and I guess because his career here was short lived only 2 seasons I just can't remember seeing him play.
Uter actually posted on the old caazone “Hofstra Board” while he was playing over in Israel. Seemed like a good dude.
HofstraMathew

Post by HofstraMathew »

bean-pie wrote:
daHUPride wrote:
Uter actually posted on the old caazone “Hofstra Board” while he was playing over in Israel. Seemed like a good dude.
When he played in Israel he would post about every Jewish holiday on facebook (even every week for Shabbat).

Loved watching him play for Hofstra; was good for 1 or 2 monster blocks a game.
Pride97

Post by Pride97 »

Uter was a high energy player who was easy to root for and a fan favorite. Kind of reminded me of a Charles Oakley lite type.
HofstraHockey

Post by HofstraHockey »

Anyone have that link to when the players were doing their impression of Joe? Can't seem to find it
EvanJ

Post by EvanJ »

Newsday wrote a long article. They wrote about when we were down by 2, but you wouldn't know from the article that we led by as much as 15 and led just over twice as long as Delaware.
HUSID74

Post by HUSID74 »

No surprise there
Polito

Post by Polito »

Go get em newsday, deserve the shit you pile on them.
Wags

Post by Wags »

cactus
Site Admin

Post by cactus »

The Shadow

Post by The Shadow »

To Cactus and Wags, Thanks for the great links!
cactus
Site Admin

Post by cactus »

Heres a silly video Jacquil Taylor did on YouTube

https://youtu.be/upNz3oYU6wM

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
EvanJ

Post by EvanJ »

I'm impressed that Taylor made 12 of 25 threes. That's a higher percentage than all four of Gustys' free throw percentages, and I'm comparing open shots in both cases.
HofstraPride1

Post by HofstraPride1 »

https://www.collegesportsmadness.com/article/17596

Hofstra men's basketball projected to finish third in CAA and ranked #129 in College Sports Madness 2019/20 preview above.
garyg

Post by garyg »

We were predicted to finish 3rd last season as well ??
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

HofstraPride1 wrote:https://www.collegesportsmadness.com/article/17596

Hofstra men's basketball projected to finish third in CAA and ranked #129 in College Sports Madness 2019/20 preview above.
I'm wondering who has been predicted 1st and 2nd. NE 1st but realistically who was picked for 2nd?? This prediction is contingent on Silverio sitting out and maybe if that's not the case we could be sitting higher?
EvanJ

Post by EvanJ »

triplec2195 wrote:
HofstraPride1 wrote: https://www.collegesportsmadness.com/article/17596

I'm wondering who has been predicted 1st and 2nd. NE 1st but realistically who was picked for 2nd?? This prediction is contingent on Silverio sitting out and maybe if that's not the case we could be sitting higher?
http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/shawn-occeus says Shawn Occeus left early to go pro, and https://www.espn.com/mens-college-baske ... 20-2020-21 says Donnell Gresham transferred to Georgia. With them, Vasa Pusica, Anthony Green, and Jeremy Miller gone, that's 51.3 percent of their points. The teams that lost the least from graduations and transfers are Towson and JMU. I wouldn't be surprised for the CAA to have something like a four-way tie for first at 12-6 that there was in 2014-2015.
The site is announcing one team per day and has 113 teams left, with the last team announced on the first day of the season. Depending on how highly they think of other CAA teams, it could take weeks to find out.
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

Yes Evan its a slow process waiting to find out all the picks on sports madness but realistically no CAA team will be ranked that high so we will find out their picks early on I believe. I think your statement about four teams at 12-6 could be spot on. It looks like a lot of mediocrity in the CAA at least compared to last year.
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

triplec2195 wrote:
HofstraPride1 wrote:https://www.collegesportsmadness.com/article/17596

To revisit this now that College Sports Madness is now up to #99 and of note might be that St Johns is predicted at #110 and Buffalo at #109 but there haven't been any other teams listed from the CAA. I don't know about anyone else but I find this odd since we have to assume that CSM has 2 teams listed higher then both St Johns and Buffalo from the CAA based on their prediction that HU will finish 3rd. We have all mentioned about the exodus of really quality players from the CAA so I'm a bit dumbfounded that 2 teams would be ranked that high in this preview of college basketball. Every team in this league has suffered some substantial losses from last years teams. IDK if anyone finds this odd??