Justin Wright-Foreman declaring for the NBA?

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
EvanJ

Re: Justin Wright-Foreman declaring for the NBA?

Post by EvanJ »

HofstraMathew wrote: Has anyone seen JWF mentioned in any mock drafts for 2019?
I saw a list of 60 and a list of 80 neither of which had any CAA players. I'm not saying he doesn't deserve to be drafted, but no matter how well he plays I would be surprised if he was drafted unless we make the NCAA Tournament, and even then it's not guaranteed.
garyg

Post by garyg »

IMO JWF will not be drafted....he is a great college player who will make a lot of money overseas but his skills/size does not translate well to the NBA....his skills say shooting guard and his size say point guard...while listed at 6-2 I believe he is actually closer to 6-0....it will take a Wayne Chrebet type of moment [being at the right place at the right time] for JWF to stick on an NBA roster....odds are against him but hey, you never know...
joeg1

Post by joeg1 »

I used to think that too, but this year he has really kicked it up in terms of pg skills-passing, handle, defense. His electric scoring ability will get teams attention- he can beat anyone off the dribble and he has deep range. He might be a score first type of pg like Trey Burke or a poor man's AI or Kyrie Irving.
Wags

Post by Wags »

joeg1 wrote:I used to think that too, but this year he has really kicked it up in terms of pg skills-passing, handle, defense. His electric scoring ability will get teams attention- he can beat anyone off the dribble and he has deep range. He might be a score first type of pg like Trey Burke or a poor man's AI or Kyrie Irving.
Hofstra needs to get to the NCAAT and then get an upset, probably two. If he can lead them there, he'd get the type of national attention that would justify an NBA GM taking a chance on him. Short of that, it's what was said above about his size and skillset. That said, he's doing everything he can this year within the limits of his size and skillset to give himself a chance at all.
Polito

Post by Polito »

IF he gets the chance to showcase in the dance and balls out, then he will increase his chances tremendously.
Polito

Post by Polito »

Not sure if anyone saw this, I must've missed it, but some JWF highlights from the Marshall game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1S5Cqsyhesc

Kid balled out. As usual lol.
Mikey77

Post by Mikey77 »

JWF CAA player of week again. One would think it was a easy call this week.
HUSID74

Post by HUSID74 »

Not for JMU fans who voted their guy a Player of the Day Sat.
EvanJ

Post by EvanJ »

Polito wrote: Not sure if anyone saw this, I must've missed it, but some JWF highlights from the Marshall game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1S5Cqsyhesc
The background music is annoying, and I don't like when highlights have background music.
HUSID74 wrote: Not for JMU fans who voted their guy a Player of the Day Sat.
Darius Banks had 41 points last week, which was the most by a CAA player who played in 2 games last week. JWF had 1 more point in 1 game than anybody had in 2.
EvanJ

Post by EvanJ »

JWF and Riller are among the 30 players. The CAA had as many players listed as the Pac-12 (0), A10 (0), Missouri Valley (0), Mountain West (1), Southern (0), and American Athletic (1) combined.
EvanJ

Post by EvanJ »

Towson just lost 86-74 hosting Cornell, and Cornell's Matt Morgan scored 38 get over 2,000 points while shooting better than JWF. Morgan made 13 of 19 field goals including 9 of 14 threes. There have been 13 times in CAA history when a player made at least 9 threes. I say that to show how hard it is. I know that he doesn't play in the CAA.
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

EvanJ wrote:Towson just lost 86-74 hosting Cornell, and Cornell's Matt Morgan scored 38 get over 2,000 points while shooting better than JWF. Morgan made 13 of 19 field goals including 9 of 14 threes. There have been 13 times in CAA history when a player made at least 9 threes. I say that to show how hard it is. I know that he doesn't play in the CAA.
It's interesting how a CAA team is still playing OOC games. I saw this scheduled and thought it was a mistake. How did this happen??
HofstraMathew

Post by HofstraMathew »

triplec2195 wrote:
EvanJ wrote:Towson just lost 86-74 hosting Cornell, and Cornell's Matt Morgan scored 38 get over 2,000 points while shooting better than JWF. Morgan made 13 of 19 field goals including 9 of 14 threes. There have been 13 times in CAA history when a player made at least 9 threes. I say that to show how hard it is. I know that he doesn't play in the CAA.
It's interesting how a CAA team is still playing OOC games. I saw this scheduled and thought it was a mistake. How did this happen??
I assume they scheduled it to keep the 2 game a week for this week since they were matched up with travel partner JMU on Saturday with no game Thursday. Honestly I hope Hofstra does this next year; I know some of the power 5 schools do it. Duke and St. Johns played last year in February and will again this year.
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

I just found this to be so weird in the world of the CAA conference.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Would like to see us play a Rutgers or Seton Hall next year. St John’s we would need divine intervention. Unfortunately I don’t have God’s cell phone number
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

stuball888 wrote:Would like to see us play a Rutgers or Seton Hall next year. St John’s we would need divine intervention. Unfortunately I don’t have God’s cell phone number
We used to have a nice rivalry going especially when we were winning every year. What happened here? St Johns is building another dynasty type team. They're now very competitive especially after getting the Auburn transfer Heron.
HUSID74

Post by HUSID74 »

Getting back to this thread: Great piece on Hofstra's recruitment of Justin...never heard this story before.

http://insider.espn.com/mens-college-ba ... -top-teams
Cards

Post by Cards »

HUSID74 wrote:Getting back to this thread: Great piece on Hofstra's recruitment of Justin...never heard this story before.

http://insider.espn.com/mens-college-ba ... -top-teams

I can't seem to find the reference to Justin's recruitment. Can you post it HUSID? Thanks
HUSID74

Post by HUSID74 »

Its all the way at the bottom when he gets to mid-majors. I'll re-check the link.

Link is fine. Its the first item under the heading, "six other thing on my mind."