MBB Recruits 2018

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
garyg

Re: MBB Recruits 2018

Post by garyg »

Can someone provide update on development of KS ? Has anyone communicated with staff on this ??
joeg1

Post by joeg1 »

garyg wrote:Can someone provide update on development of KS ? Has anyone communicated with staff on this ??
Named DeAndre Jordan, Dwight Howard and Rudy Gobert as his favorite athletes…Started playing basketball at age 16…Lists Future, Drake and Lil Uzi as his favorite musical artists…Physical education and health major.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
HUSID74

Post by HUSID74 »

joeg1 wrote:
garyg wrote:Can someone provide update on development of KS ? Has anyone communicated with staff on this ??
Named DeAndre Jordan, Dwight Howard and Rudy Gobert as his favorite athletes…Started playing basketball at age 16…Lists Future, Drake and Lil Uzi as his favorite musical artists…Physical education and health major.

LOL
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

HUSID74 wrote:
joeg1 wrote:

LOL
What about his favorite food you forgot to mention that?????
cactus
Site Admin

Post by cactus »

All we know is that he's put on muscle. We'll have to wait and see what kind of player he is. All I've seen him in is a warmup suit.
HUSID74

Post by HUSID74 »

Issue with Schutte (from what I hear) is that he has only played basketball since he was 16, so he does not have the natural instincts for the game that you would expect from a kid his size...he has put on bulk and is improving, but how much we won't know until he gets on the court. Still nice to have a few extra athletic big men around...a rarity for this program!
garyg

Post by garyg »

Be great if we have Taylor for two healthy years which would provide KS with opportunity to develop more of a feel for game without expectations being too high
Cards

Post by Cards »

garyg wrote:Be great if we have Taylor for two healthy years which would provide KS with opportunity to develop more of a feel for game without expectations being too high

With Kante sitting for a year, having a HEALTHY Taylor is a must. From everything posted here, it sounds like Dwyer and Schutte are only expected to provide back-up/breather/foultrouble minutes. Taylor is clearly a legit 5 (size and talent) and we have to hope he can stay on the court.

If Taylor is granted a second year, then WOW - what a front line for 2019-2020.
ZMAN3

Post by ZMAN3 »

HUSID74 wrote:Issue with Schutte (from what I hear) is that he has only played basketball since he was 16, so he does not have the natural instincts for the game that you would expect from a kid his size...he has put on bulk and is improving, but how much we won't know until he gets on the court. Still nice to have a few extra athletic big men around...a rarity for this program!
Shouldn't be too hard to learn the 1 or 2 plays HU runs - and could he possibly be a worse defender than Gustys ?
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

Cards wrote:
garyg wrote:Be great if we have Taylor for two healthy years which would provide KS with opportunity to develop more of a feel for game without expectations being too high

With Kante sitting for a year, having a HEALTHY Taylor is a must. From everything posted here, it sounds like Dwyer and Schutte are only expected to provide back-up/breather/foultrouble minutes. Taylor is clearly a legit 5 (size and talent) and we have to hope he can stay on the court.

We need to hope and pray that Taylor is healthy with Dwyer coming off an injury of his own we are quite fragile in the frontcourt and if Taylor or both go down it would spell disaster. We would have to start Schutte and or Stafford! HELP............
daHUPride

Post by daHUPride »

triplec2195 wrote:
Cards wrote:

We need to hope and pray that Taylor is healthy with Dwyer coming off an injury of his own we are quite fragile in the frontcourt and if Taylor or both go down it would spell disaster. We would have to start Schutte and or Stafford! HELP............
I have no problem Stafford starting (I like him more starting with Taylor) - but I am a fan Stafford
Last edited by daHUPride on Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

Yes we all are fans of ST but playing the 5 compared to someone the size of Taylor. There's no comparison there and Stafford would be pushed all over the court unless he has bulked up, true??
Cards

Post by Cards »

triplec2195 wrote:Yes we all are fans of ST but playing the 5 compared to someone the size of Taylor. There's no comparison there and Stafford would be pushed all over the court unless he has bulked up, true??

Agree triplec - ST at the 4 is fine, ST starting at the 5 would be a disaster.
HUSID74

Post by HUSID74 »

Was at the Pride Club golf outing yesterday and met all the new members of the team...they are huge! Taylor, Kante, Hughes and Dwyer give us more height than I have EVER seen for a Pride team....I will try and load one or tow photos...not sure how to do on this forum...but excited about what I saw...good kids too! All the players are on campus for the next eight weeks except for Schutte and Rad who are playing for their countries in international competition. Also sat with Eli Pemberton; he gave a nice speech last night thanking all the program's boosters....this is an event you guys should come to....if only for the dinner portion.
cactus
Site Admin

Post by cactus »

HUSID74 wrote:Was at the Pride Club golf outing yesterday and met all the new members of the team...they are huge! Taylor, Kante, Hughes and Dwyer give us more height than I have EVER seen for a Pride team....I will try and load one or tow photos...not sure how to do on this forum...but excited about what I saw...good kids too! All the players are on campus for the next eight weeks except for Schutte and Rad who are playing for their countries in international competition. Also sat with Eli Pemberton; he gave a nice speech last night thanking all the program's boosters....this is an event you guys should come to....if only for the dinner portion.
I reflexively just tossed the invitation in the trash, I get them from clients all the time, but this one might actually be worth attending. I'll consider it next year.

Glad to hear their new guys have good size - hopefully they are agile and can block some shots too. To show photos, try the "upload attachment" tab underneath a reply. Otherwise you can load them to a free site like imgur and then link back to them to display them here by clicking on the "IMG" button above the reply text window/below the subject line.
daHUPride

Post by daHUPride »

HUSID74 wrote:Was at the Pride Club golf outing yesterday and met all the new members of the team...they are huge! Taylor, Kante, Hughes and Dwyer give us more height than I have EVER seen for a Pride team....I will try and load one or tow photos...not sure how to do on this forum...but excited about what I saw...good kids too! All the players are on campus for the next eight weeks except for Schutte and Rad who are playing for their countries in international competition. Also sat with Eli Pemberton; he gave a nice speech last night thanking all the program's boosters....this is an event you guys should come to....if only for the dinner portion.
Thanks for the update HUSID74. Did you happen to speak to J Taylor - about his possibility of 2 year eligibility?
HUSID74

Post by HUSID74 »

Spoke to him briefly but we did not discuss that possibility...He is HUGE! Hope to get pix uploaded at some point...shout out to Cactus for instructions!
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

Where r the PICS SID you got us all interested?
HUSID74

Post by HUSID74 »

Tried to but the files were too big, will try another way....be patient! It's still June!
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

HUSID74 wrote:Tried to but the files were too big, will try another way....be patient! It's still June!
Yeah plenty of time looking at it that way, lol.