MBB recruits 2015

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
Captain

Re: MBB recruits 2015

Post by Captain »

I know HU was recruiting Cain. When he de-commits, any school that had medium interest prior to his commiting,regains that "medium interest" label. I would love to have a big guard like him, but I suspect he is shooting above the mid-majors if possible.
Polito

Post by Polito »

I dont think its that at all, what I'm seeing is that there is uncertainty right now in the UD program with the AD seemingly stalling on Ross's extension - despite being defending conf champs that program is in some flux... Anytime there's issues between the HC and the AD you should be careful = turmoil and instability - complete opposite at HU

Smart move by the kid and HU should be ALL OVER HIM - he's a potential all-CAA type guy - he could player slightly higher but think this is the prefect level for him to grow and shine
Captain

Post by Captain »

I would be very happy to be wrong on this one.
Polito

Post by Polito »

He was, and prob still will be, recruited by some higher programs, but I do believe he is a great fit in the CAA (if not here then prob A10) - IF his character is right (something I trust JAM on), then he should be a prime target for HU - he fits a future need being a 6'5 wing who can play any guard position - add a guy like him and a star PF type, and this class is TOP NOTCH

and from what I'm reading it looks like the AD and HC at UD are def not on the same page - much to most of their fans dismay, don't think the AD wants to retain the coach - no clue to details, but some kind of personality clash perhaps...

At any rate this is a GREAT opp for HU to jump in - who knows if it's the right fit from HU/JM's view, but if it is, HU has a LOT to offer, most notably, stability in a rising program, staff, and admin - feels good to FINALLY say that with confidence about HU athletics!
DMV Dutch

Post by DMV Dutch »

Justin Wright-Foreman signed LOI.

https://twitter.com/JayWright_13/media
Polito

Post by Polito »

Yep, and Buie did as well... Too tired to find it lol, but both are signed sealed and delivered

Seems like a nice class for a star wing to join!! :D
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

We can always use another BIG...Would like a 6-7 or so athlete who can run, score and rebound to complement our 6-9, 6-10 big guys. Remember we lose Moussa this year and the Clemson kid is one and done!
Polito

Post by Polito »

Absolutely - I would think a 6'5ish G/W and either a 6'7ish W/F or a 6'8ish PF are the keys to completing this class if they decide to use the remaining 2 ships...

then next yr they'll need to replace Djambo with another big body as well...
Polito

Post by Polito »

Cain visited Providence yesterday - just let's you know kid has high level talent

Nice place, but I don't see the fit there for him, Providence is a young team with lots of talent, and have already landed a 4* SG and a 3* SF in Cain's class (in addition to the 3/4*'s already on roster) - don't see where ANY useful amount of PT would be available for him for 2yrs...

not sure where HU stands with him at this point, but I hope they are doing everything they can to be in the game - there is a CLEAR need for his position in the next class, and at his talent level I believe he'd get some intro PT yr 1 and a potential starter yr 2 - anyone have any insight to HU's interest level and/or his in HU?
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

Hofstra announced today the signings of both Foreman-Wright and Buie...Great news....now for a big!
Polito

Post by Polito »

2 outstanding additions

any inside word on either Wing or PF recruiting?? I know the staff is focused on actual games now, but curious to what's happening on that front - haven't really seen any offers or scoops out there recently...
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

Seems pretty quiet on the recruiting front and Verbal Commits has VERY few players on the Board for us
Jojogunne

Post by Jojogunne »

Well, we can't sign anyone else till April, but that's not a bad thing. If we have a good season and make either the NCAA or NIT, we may attract interest from more and better recruits.
Polito

Post by Polito »

Absolutely, and I would bet that's the plan - would be curious to see who's 'in the hopper' though so to speak...

My feeling is Carter and Cain aren't looking at HU much, or vice versa, at this point - really interested to see what bigs and wings can be attracted with a post-season run - I'm all for seeing how that plays out first
Jojogunne

Post by Jojogunne »

Justin Wright-Foreman started off the PSAL season in style by scoring 31 points vs. Campus Magnet. Click on the game ID to see the box score:

http://www.psal.org/profiles/team-profi ... #001/27651

As for Desure Buie, the PSAL website doesn't have any scores yet, but here's the Wings Academy schedule:

http://www.psal.org/profiles/team-profi ... #001/12438

Also, both JWF and Buie are on the Daily News list of top NYC prospects:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/high- ... -1.2021222
Polito

Post by Polito »

It's going to be a LOT of fun following these 2 their Sr yrs... looking for monster yrs for both as they are the leaders and catalysts of their teams and both are vying for championships

J W-F is a flat out scoring machine

Love JAM's insight to Buie about being a TRUE point - kid is a natural leader

If I'm an athletic wing or PF the thought of playing with those 2 and the potential to do serious damage on a national scale should be very enticing

and this team should garner increased national media as they continue to improve both this yr and next, increasing exposure - so even though it's a mid, HU should become more and more of a legitimate option for the 4 star guy - just takes 1 or 2 to put this program on another level

easier said than done, but it IS possible with JAM
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

So much for tom Pecora freezing us out of NYC recruits.
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

Pretty soon Tommy will be frozen out of the Bronx
Polito

Post by Polito »

Quick update

Traci Carter has been playing very well since coming back from surgery - he's looking like a big time player, garnering high majors, I'd say he's ACC or BE level bound - was quite the testament to the staff that they got him to actually visit campus - my guess is Louisville

noticing some transfer news popping up as we approach the end of the first semester...wonder if HU may go after a guy like Miles Overton from Wake (a talented wing/sg originally from the philly area)

if they continue along the local trail, I'd love to see this staff develop some inroads with the OSNA program - basically NY/LI's Oak Hill equivalent, just a factory of top talent

I'd really like to see a 6'6 type Wing and an athletic 6'8-6'9 PF type in this class - tough to find a lot of detail right now as I'm sure the staff is focused on the season...but I'm also quite sure JAM and crew are in active pursuit of their guys, just don't know exactly who that might be!
Polito

Post by Polito »

Elijah Cain also trending toward a high major - landed a Cincy offer, and reportedly like Providence which seems like a good fit per say, but I'm not sure the PT is available at either to be honest

Cincy of course would be tough to turn down, but they are loaded with talent at his spot, not sure where he'd fit in - Providence has his spot filled already as well - guess a redshirt yr would be automatic... who knows

at any rate, hope HU is still all over this kid, but who knows if he's open to that now