Desure Buie

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
stuball888

Desure Buie

Post by stuball888 »

Our future Point guard will be on SNY Friday night at 8PM playing for Wings Academy.
budman

Re: Desure Buie

Post by budman »

He did not play very well tonight only had one field goal out of about nine shots. He did shot his free throws well making about 10 of 12. He did no look any thing like a division one point guard. Looked average driving to the basket and passing the ball.
dutchalum01

Post by dutchalum01 »

Oh #%*!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cards

Post by Cards »

Of course one game does not tell the entire story.....but it sounds like next year will be limited playing time as understudy PG to Green or a redshirt. My gut tells me a redshirt is not in the cards, so he has about 20 months from now to work on game, size, and toughness.

Of course there is always Gonzales, and Wright-Foreman, or some of the other JCs we are currently looking at. I know most of them appear to be more of a shooting gaurd, but who knows.....
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

I watched parts of the game on and off. At one point, the announcers were talking about how he was having such an uncharacteristically bad shooting night (but still managed to get 13 points, 10 from the free throw line, and 6 assists). They said they wouldn't be surprised if he goes off and hits pretty much everything in the championship game today, which is also on SNY at 4, but I assume everyone will be tuned into our own game vs JMU.
Jojogunne

Post by Jojogunne »

Buie scored 19 points today, but Wings lost to Cardozo in the final, 50-47:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/high- ... -1.2090771
Polito

Post by Polito »

was very surprised to see the bad report of Buie from spectators as he is considered by ALL to be a top 10 player and arguably the best PG in the area - and he has superb season stats

see he played much better next game against a clearly very strong Cardozo squad - that's more the norm for Buie

I'll chalk the last one up to an uncharacteristic off game, as all have at times, and let it go.
Jojogunne

Post by Jojogunne »

Just finished watching the Cardozo-Wings game. Buie and Wings dominated play until the last two minutes, when Cardozo went on a 12-0 run to win. Buie shot very well, hitting at least three treys, and was was solid from start to finish. Curiously, Wings didn't feed their 6-10 center, Jessie Govan, as much as they did on Saturday.

Junior G Aaron Walker Cardozo was very impressive. I wonder if we are recruiting him?
Polito

Post by Polito »

I believe HU is going after a couple of guys from Cardozo - at least I hope they are - very strong team right now.

Really wish Buie could've convinced Govan to join him at HU!! Man that would've been amazing... alas, at least Govan didn't convince Buie to go with him to G'town! lol 8-)
ZMAN3

Post by ZMAN3 »

Desure Buie

6-0, 160 | Class of 2015
HometownBronx, N.Y.
SchoolWings Academy
PositionPoint Guard
Status Signed Hofstra 10/24/2014

Scout Grade

73 POSITION
70 REGIONAL
9 STATE

Recruiting Activity
Scouting ReportInsider
Player News

Scouting Report

ESPN Analyst
Updated 12/12/2014

Strengths:
Perhaps the best true point guard in New York City this year, Buie is a floor general who understands what it means to run a team. He's always organized and under control, not ball dominant, consistently able to get his team into their offense, and see the game one pass ahead. He sees the floor very well, is a very good passer, and knows how to feed the post and play off a big man on the block. He's equally heady off a ball screen, understanding how to manipulate angles and get his defender on his back. He's also got a polished skill set with good use of both hands to handle and pass, consistent three-point range when his feet are set, and a floater game inside the lane.

Weaknesses:
His lean build is the biggest concern as his inability to add notable muscle mass to frame ended up keeping him from the high-major level. He can bumped or ridden off the line of his drive offensively and can't consistently finish against contact either. Defensively, he's similarly vulnerable to more physical lead guards, and that's something he'll see more of at the next level as the game slows down. He relies on a change of pace game offensively to compensate for his lack of elite athleticism or explosiveness, but needs to prove that he'll be able to bail his team out in late shot-block situations.

Bottom Line:
His commitment was a huge one for Hofstra as he brings a highly intelligent, pass-first point guard who comes to Long Island with a ton of New York City credibility and both the game and reputation to attract other local products to join him.
Polito

Post by Polito »

again, thanks Z!

Kid has real talent, clearly the main improvement for him is gaining some weight! 20lbs would do wonders for his ability to handle the CAA...
ZMAN3

Post by ZMAN3 »

Polito wrote:again, thanks Z!

Kid has real talent, clearly the main improvement for him is gaining some weight! 20lbs would do wonders for his ability to handle the CAA...

I've got 20 lbs I can give him
Jojogunne

Post by Jojogunne »