MBB Game 6 - Middle Tennessee, 11/25/22, 7 PM EST

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
HUSID80

Re: MBB Game 6 - Middle Tennessee, 11/25/22, 7 PM EST

Post by HUSID80 »

I paid $25 for this? I want my money
back. We really were horrible. Williams a foul machine in his debut. Where was Dubar? He has disappeared.
Play Marshall...Hopefully tomorrow this FEED will be watchable. Lol
Polito

Post by Polito »

Absolute GARBAGE performance and loss from this team esp after getting their asses kicked last game.

Ya know, the start of this season looked very promising for this team, I was very impressed with how the staff had them ready to go from game 1

And now here we are and they look EXACTLY like every other HU team, the same letdown disappointing BS

Speedy just lost me - not watching another yr of HUs horseshit - this program feels like it’s never going to elevate - EXTREMELY disappointing Speedy… this is going to turn into another waste yr of a POY who goes nowhere.

I’m out for now, and therefore so are my fun game pledge donations - pitiful job staff - no excuse not to win this pansy 3 game set. Amazing how other programs are able to go through rebuilds and right their ship and HU continues to be the same thing like Groundhog Day.

Guess I’ll check back in Feb just like last year to see if this program is going to actually do anything, or just the same old choke crap. Based on history I won’t be holding my breath.
EvanJ

Post by EvanJ »

Marshall led us in points, rebounds, and assists. Considering how many stars we had recently, I wonder when the previous time the same bench player led us in points, rebounds, and assists was.

Boachie-Yiadom had 6 of our 9 blocks. It was the first time we had at least 6 blocks since six years ago today hosting non-Division I Medaille. It was the first time we had at least 9 blocks in a game not at home since a 87-70 win at UNCW on February 13, 2010 when Halil Kanacevic had 4 blocks, Greg Washington had 3, Charles Jenkins had 3, and Miklos Szabo had 3.
Last edited by EvanJ on Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hofstra

Post by Hofstra »

That was pathetic. 25 bucks for that shit is nonsensical. To call that Division 1 basketball is laughable. I have seen High School games with better production. I shut if off at the end of the first half. That was a fucking joke in more ways than one.
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

The amateur video production aside it's becoming obvious that the time is now to have Marshall start. He has proven he deserves it while others have proven they don't. Not only can he score but he has size and plays D and can jump. I don't know if anyone will agree with me but a body a bit like Jenkins. He's bulky and tough and doesn't seem to have any trouble driving the lane and getting easier buckets then the ones we have been taking from beyond the ARC. What do we think about this and will Speedy pull the trigger and sit Carlos possibly who at times seems to have trouble matching up with bigger guards.
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

Dubar should sit...he needs a timeout like the Jets QB
Jojogunne

Post by Jojogunne »

I agree. Time to shake up the lineup and give some other players some time on the court.
HofstraPride1

Post by HofstraPride1 »

Polito wrote:Absolute GARBAGE performance and loss from this team esp after getting their asses kicked last game.

Ya know, the start of this season looked very promising for this team, I was very impressed with how the staff had them ready to go from game 1

And now here we are and they look EXACTLY like every other HU team, the same letdown disappointing BS

Speedy just lost me - not watching another yr of HUs horseshit - this program feels like it’s never going to elevate - EXTREMELY disappointing Speedy… this is going to turn into another waste yr of a POY who goes nowhere.

I’m out for now, and therefore so are my fun game pledge donations - pitiful job staff - no excuse not to win this pansy 3 game set. Amazing how other programs are able to go through rebuilds and right their ship and HU continues to be the same thing like Groundhog Day.

Guess I’ll check back in Feb just like last year to see if this program is going to actually do anything, or just the same old choke crap. Based on history I won’t be holding my breath.
With all due respect Polito, this is completely uncalled for reaction as even the best teams in the nation have had games or bad halves. It is also November not late February so it is a work in progress and what is most important is getting this team to gel and hopefully peak when it matters most in March. I hope this was just an emotional over-reaction in the heat of moment and you’ll be back to your senses soon :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HofstraMathew

Post by HofstraMathew »

I have no idea what to say. Not that I don’t know wha to say about Hofstra. Just not sure how anyone can really analyze that game watching that video stream. Pretty sure it was a fish eye shot and the cameraman wasn’t even showing the ball about 1/3rd the team.

Hopefully the rest of the weekend is better camerawork and better play from Hofstra.

Either way it’s one bad game early in the season. Really has no effect on what happens this year for Hofstra. OOC is for the team to gel and get ready for conference play. So speedy needs to use this as a learning experience and not let it happen in conference play.
CTDutch

Post by CTDutch »

cactus wrote:The Livestream is just a guy with a bootleg camera in the stands?!!!?!!

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
Fairfield playing in a similar tourney run by the same clowns. They had the same video issue. One poster e-mailed them last night; their answer:

I contacted the support desk from “Bethebeast”.com regarding their broadcast of the tournament from Savannah. I thought the video was just terrible stream.
“Hello ,

Happy to help!

Just to give you a bit of info regarding our cameras and their operation:

Our cameras are AI-powered motion-detecting cameras that follow the play, please know that this is an emerging technology.

While they successfully track the bulk of the action and each player, we are unable to position them in a way that captures the corners and bleachers of the court, as they would then miss the main action, and distract from the viewer's experience.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Thank you,

BeTheBeast Team”
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

HofstraPride1 wrote:
Polito wrote:Absolute GARBAGE performance and loss from this team esp after getting their asses kicked last game.

With all due respect Polito, this is completely uncalled for reaction as even the best teams in the nation have had games or bad halves. It is also November not late February so it is a work in progress and what is most important is getting this team to gel and hopefully peak when it matters most in March. I hope this was just an emotional over-reaction in the heat of moment and you’ll be back to your senses soon :)

Well we've heard this before from Polito but cooler heads will prevail here and he knows it's only 6 games in so right now more positive then negative. But for sure things to be concerned about and I for one would like to see Marshall get his chance and see what he does as a starter. I don't think that Dubar should sit because we need his size and rebounding but his O game has not been there. IMO we should let Carlos come off the bench and see if we can get some offense and better D using Marshall.

It's weird enough to watch a game with no play by play but when you can't see part of the court foul shots are not visible it's just amateur hour. Crazy fly by night production.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Captain

Post by Captain »

Before the game i read up a bit on Middle Tennessee. They won 27 games last year. won their conference and lost to UAB for the Ncaa bid.
We looked bad but some of that is because of the tenacious opposition.
Dubar again was a no show. Is he hurt? If not, we may have to get him in more of a rebounding position rather than just a wing hanging far from the hoop.
Love Marshall's game. His skill set would have helped so many of our earlier teams with the way he attacks the hoop.
The similarities to Jenkins are there not just the body type, bur his path to Hofstra. If the St Bonnies transfer qualified academically he probably doesn't get the last minute scholly. jenkins was the same case as we had a Cardozo guard committed who did not qualify and the gave a scholly to jenkins who red shirted as well. Last year my buddy went to practice with Coach Mihalich and Marshall was the guy who stood out to them. I think the staff and players knew he is no surprise.
Hope we can put a decent game in today and tomorrow. We may need to see if the end of the bench can give us some quality minutes with the quick turnaround. By the way Tom Pecora is on the staff at undefeated Quinnipiac.
Jojogunne

Post by Jojogunne »

I was not able to watch the game. Kept getting an error message saying the system did not recognize my username. No help from support until after the game, and still not able to access today's UNCG game. Just a terrible production.
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

I've been watching today's game without a hitch go figure but had issues yesterday.