Meet the Coaches/ Practice Facility tour/ Midnight Madness

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
HofstraHockey

Meet the Coaches/ Practice Facility tour/ Midnight Madness

Post by HofstraHockey »

Got this email (as I'm sure 95% of you did)

SAVE THE DATE: Meet The Coaches And Basketball Teams & Midnight Madness

SPECIAL INVITATION

The Hofstra University Department of Athletics invites you to join us for Meet The Coaches Night and to help welcome back Midnight Madness to the David S. Mack Sports and Exhibition Complex!

The night begins in the brand-new Hofstra Basketball Practice Facility located in the David S. Mack Physical Education Center. From 7:30 - 8:30 p.m., mingle with Joe Mihalich and Krista Kilburn-Steveskey, their coaching staff and both the men's and women's basketball teams. In addition, the head coaches from our other teams will be in attendance and look forward to visiting with you about their respective programs. We encourage everyone to bring their own cameras to take pictures with the team, coaches, mascots and spirit support. Basketballs will be available to shoot around in the facility. Hors d'oeuvres and beverages will be served.

At 8:30 p.m., we'll all head over to the Mack Sports Complex as we bring back Midnight Madness in honor of the start of basketball season! Come meet this year's teams, watch the men's and women's team in intersquad scrimmages and watch special performances. Basketball season tickets will be available for pick-up for those who already ordered and will be available for purchase for those who would like to buy that night.

To R.S.V.P. for the Meet the Coaches event, please contact Courtney Crews at (516) 463-4919 or courtney.crews@hofstra.edu. The Midnight Madness event is open to everyone.
cactus
Site Admin

Re: Meet the Coaches/ Practice Facility tour/ Midnight Madne

Post by cactus »

looks like a fun event. i'll be attending, schedule permitting
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Cactus what is the date and the day of the week?
Cards

Post by Cards »

Thursday October 16. Sounds like fun - I will be attending also.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Thanks Cards I will make a note to get off early from work that day. BTW- first practice of the season is Oct 6th.
doug

Post by doug »

I'll be there. Can't wait to see the practice gym and the team
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

Sounds like it should be a lot better than what they had last year, and way more like what midnight madness typically is at other schools. They haven't informed students of this yet, but hopefully they do soon, along with a promotion to actually get them there, like free tshirts.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Spoke to Jeff Hathaway months ago. Told him how fans were turned off by exclusion to midnight madness and student only inclusion. Expect there to be a Q and A also for the fans to get to know the players. With so many new players on both the mens and womens team this will bring the fans and the athletes closer together. Also asked him to bring back the 50-50 raffle to all the games.
HofstraHockey

Post by HofstraHockey »

Stu, I not only expect you there, I expect you there hitting some three pointers.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

AJ my 3 point days have long past. I wouldnt mind drawing up some plays for JAM.
Polito

Post by Polito »

Hosting a yearly Midnight Madness is an extremely important event IMO, especially for a school that is putting heavy emphasis on basketball - and it should be treated as such - glad to see this
HofstraHockey

Post by HofstraHockey »

I get what they tried to do with the students last year. It didn't work, but I get what they were going for. To their credit, rather than still trying to jam the square peg in, they fixed it for this year.
Jojogunne

Post by Jojogunne »

bobe13

Post by bobe13 »

Looks like they changed the hours and format of the meeting? Now at a later time-no mention of food and at the Mack-not the practice facility?
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Will talk to Chrissy Arnone who is organizing the event.
HofstraHockey

Post by HofstraHockey »

Might be 2 different events. I don't think they're expecting to fit 750+ people in the practice facility (although 750 people at Midnight Madness sounds lofty to me). I believe the first email was only sent to Pride Club members also.
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

I definitely think they can get 750 at the Mack for Midnight Madness if they advertise it enough. There were over 300 students at the event that barely constituted as a Midnight Madness last year in Hofstra USA (the first 300 students got free t-shirts, and they did run out). If they can get the same amount of students, if not more, 750 is an attainable number if fans in the community are well informed of the event.
bobe13

Post by bobe13 »

Proud fan after thinking about it you are probably right-makes sense. I will check with sec. just to confirm next week.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Spoke to Chrissy Arnone. The 730pm is at the practice facility open only to Pride Club members. At 8pm the Mack center opens and the first 750 get T-shirts. I believe the Pride Club members will get T-shirts when they enter the Mack Center.
bobe13

Post by bobe13 »

Wonder which entrance to the practice facility will be used for this event?