MBB Recruits 2019

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
triplec2195

Re: MBB Recruits 2019

Post by triplec2195 »

Cards wrote:
triplec2195 wrote:I think the jury is out on what we have moving forward until we know who's playing and who's not. One way or the other we will be competitive and this will not be a re-building year for us.
Agree 100%. Questions still remain, but the one question as to whether or not HU will be competitive can be answered. We will be competitive and in the upper half of the CAA (from my lips to Gods ears).
Hearing Joe in a recent interview he says there could be 5 teams with a 14-6 record. W&M would have been the team to beat until they lost their coach resulting in a mass exodus. Now the CAA will be up for grabs and we will be in the thick of it!!
cactus
Site Admin

Post by cactus »

HUSID74 wrote:Nothing more than a potential fill-in for next year although I believe we are done recruiting for 2019.
They should hold on to it in case Silverio is not eligible, they might be able to get someone late in the game. They're thin at guard without him.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
HofstraMathew

Post by HofstraMathew »

cactus wrote:
HUSID74 wrote:Nothing more than a potential fill-in for next year although I believe we are done recruiting for 2019.
They should hold on to it in case Silverio is not eligible, they might be able to get someone late in the game. They're thin at guard without him.

Even without him we have 5 guards (6 counting TC) for 3 spots. We definitely have the quantity at guard.
Cards

Post by Cards »

HofstraMathew wrote:
cactus wrote:

Even without him we have 5 guards (6 counting TC) for 3 spots. We definitely have the quantity at guard.
I count 4 (DB, CB, JR, EP) 5 with TC. In all good conscience I can't count CK as a viable option.

Just realized I forgot about the Miranda guy. Are you counting him? I have yet to see anything confirming his attendance. Is he on campus now???
garyg

Post by garyg »

Next season's roster now posted on gohofstra....Miranda included
Cards

Post by Cards »

garyg wrote:Next season's roster now posted on gohofstra....Miranda included
I guess that answers my question :lol: Thanks gary
HofstraMathew

Post by HofstraMathew »

Cards wrote:
If HUSID says a guy is coming I take that as fact; lol.
cactus
Site Admin

Post by cactus »

Why is Miranda wearing #3?
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

They will change it to 23 or 33
cactus
Site Admin

Post by cactus »

Cards wrote:
HofstraMathew wrote:
cactus wrote:They should hold on to it in case Silverio is not eligible, they might be able to get someone late in the game. They're thin at guard without him.
I count 4 (DB, CB, JR, EP) 5 with TC. In all good conscience I can't count CK as a viable option.

Just realized I forgot about the Miranda guy. Are you counting him? I have yet to see anything confirming his attendance. Is he on campus now???

I'm assuming Miranda will redshirt and/or be too green to contribute much next year. Without Silverio, that leaves 4 guys for 3 spots if Coburn is playing the 4 again.
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

[quote="cactus"][quote="Cards"][quote="HofstraMathew"][quote="cactus"]They should hold on to it in case Silverio is not eligible, they might be able to get someone late in the game. They're thin at guard without him.[/quote]

Even without him we have 5 guards (6 counting TC) for 3 spots. We definitely have the quantity at guard.[/quote]

Just realized I forgot about the Miranda guy. Are you counting him? I have yet to see anything confirming his attendance. Is he on campus now???[/quote]

I'm assuming Miranda will redshirt and/or be too green to contribute much next year. Without Silverio, that leaves 4 guys for 3 spots if Coburn is playing the 4 again.[/quote]

I thought it was strange and or disrespectful for him to be wearing 3 but why do you say he will redshirt?? Are u basing this strictly on a numbers game??
HUSID74

Post by HUSID74 »

HofstraMathew wrote:
Cards wrote:
If HUSID says a guy is coming I take that as fact; lol.

Thanks Mat, I don't post it unless I have heard directly!
HUSID74

Post by HUSID74 »

Cactus, Why would you assume that Miranda will redshirt ? Have you seen him play? He may be more ready to play than Burgess for all we know.
cactus
Site Admin

Post by cactus »

HUSID74 wrote:Cactus, Why would you assume that Miranda will redshirt ? Have you seen him play? He may be more ready to play than Burgess for all we know.
The assumption is based on level of competition and school interest, a few people have said the same about him redshirting on here as well. But if he's ready to contribute then good they could use the depth.

cactus
Site Admin

Post by cactus »

triplec2195 wrote:I thought it was strange and or disrespectful for him to be wearing 3
It was actually Burgess wearing #3 in the pics from Twitter

https://twitter.com/HofstraMBB/status/1 ... 89730?s=19

Miranda was wearing 25. I think they were just short on jerseys and need to update the roster, but still not a fan of it being worn.

triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

Agreed short of jerseys is not an excuse and considering that Justin maybe the GOAT out of respect for Justin and everything he has done for the program they should not have anyone wearing #3. He was such an exemplary person on and off the court.
HofstraMathew

Post by HofstraMathew »

I understand we all want to have a roster as deep as possible but at the end of the day the team will be a 7-8 man rotation (which is generally fairly standard across all levels of basketball). Based on that I think we have enough guys eligible that coach will be able to get his 7-8 guys that will receive the bulk of the minutes. Maybe this means TC will play more as a guard or maybe not. But at the end of the day we have a fairly deep roster going into the season. Coach will see how everyone performs in practice and fine tune his rotation. We can all expect DB, JR, EP, TC & IK to be part of the rotation. Then you have Hughes, Schuette, Trueheart, Miranda, Burgess and Cramer (6 more guys even with out SIlverio) to help fill out the rest of the rotation. You always want more or better players (who wouldn't) but we definitely have the bodies to build the rotation out of. Let's trust the recruiting work that the coaching staff did and see how things turn out. Now of course if a player becomes available that can help the team let's jump on him with our last scholarship but for the time being I don't think it is a must have.
HU87

Post by HU87 »

I think it's VERY interesting that Trueheart is coming back for his senior year. While he was majorly up and mostly down last season, I could see him and coach aligning better coming into this season. It'd be really great if he could give us real, valuable back-up 4 minutes this season...
HofstraMathew

Post by HofstraMathew »

HU87 wrote:I think it's VERY interesting that Trueheart is coming back for his senior year. While he was majorly up and mostly down last season, I could see him and coach aligning better coming into this season. It'd be really great if he could give us real, valuable back-up 4 minutes this season...
I think he will; he definitely showed flashes of it last year. Also he will only be a Junior.
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

HofstraMathew wrote:I understand we all want to have a roster as deep as possible but at the end of the day the team will be a 7-8 man rotation (which is generally fairly standard across all levels of basketball). Based on that I think we have enough guys eligible that coach will be able to get his 7-8 guys that will receive the bulk of the minutes. Maybe this means TC will play more as a guard or maybe not. But at the end of the day we have a fairly deep roster going into the season. Coach will see how everyone performs in practice and fine tune his rotation. We can all expect DB, JR, EP, TC & IK to be part of the rotation. Then you have Hughes, Schuette, Trueheart, Miranda, Burgess and Cramer (6 more guys even with out SIlverio) to help fill out the rest of the rotation. You always want more or better players (who wouldn't) but we definitely have the bodies to build the rotation out of. Let's trust the recruiting work that the coaching staff did and see how things turn out. Now of course if a player becomes available that can help the team let's jump on him with our last scholarship but for the time being I don't think it is a must have.
I may be totally crazy but I'll go out on a limb here and say that Joe will use a much bigger roster then he normally has in the past. Since he will be losing both EP and DB after this year we will see Burgess get a fair amount of playing time as will Silverio if he's eligible and if not I believe Miranda will get a chance to prove he deserves minutes and will not be red-shirted. I also believe that Cramer if he's healthy enough to play will get minutes and make somewhat of an impact. I really don't know who will play the 5 to spell Kante but it looks like by default it will be Schutte. I don't know what the roll of Hughes will be and how many minutes he could possibly get? I don't really feel anyone will be red-shirted with the exception of Cramer if need be. This is just my gut feeling and I have nothing to back this up.