Arena Needs HD Video Screens

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
Jojogunne

Arena Needs HD Video Screens

Post by Jojogunne »

It's time for Hofstra to invest in some large HD video screens at the arena to show game video and replays. I'm sure they are affordable. Many schools have them.
pridehoops2015

Re: Arena Needs HD Video Screens

Post by pridehoops2015 »

whats "affordable" to you?
Jojogunne

Post by Jojogunne »

I have no idea, but I'm sure they can get a sponsor or a donor to help defray the cost.
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

We also need a new scoreboard, tired of the flickering team names and we need electronic dasher boards...both are from the last century.
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

HUSID80 wrote:We also need a new scoreboard, tired of the flickering team names and we need electronic dasher boards...both are from the last century.
I definitely agree. The side of the scoreboard that faces the student section has had one huge pixel dead for at least the 4 years that I was there. I'm not sure why it was never fixed, but that scoreboard is so old at this point that they might as well get a new one. On the rare occasion they tried to show video on it, it was basically unwatchable anyway since the quality is so bad.
Buy one really nice scoreboard to replace the main one, and that will cover the video screens as well, since the new ones have HD video playback. If they buy a nice 4-sided one, there's no need to get other ones for around the arena, at least for the time being.
pridehoops2015

Post by pridehoops2015 »

Jojogunne wrote:I have no idea, but I'm sure they can get a sponsor or a donor to help defray the cost.
dont you think they would have done that if they had a million dollars lying around?
Jojogunne

Post by Jojogunne »

I think Hofstra is waiting to win Powerball.
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

Jojogunne wrote:I think Hofstra is waiting to win Powerball.
Good one Jojo
Jojogunne

Post by Jojogunne »

HUSID80 wrote:We also need a new scoreboard, tired of the flickering team names and we need electronic dasher boards...both are from the last century.
I believe our scoreboard is a cast-off from the Nassau Coliseum. It's old and has exceeded its useful life.
HofstraHockey

Post by HofstraHockey »

No, the ones that's there was definitely not from the Coliseum. That was the one at the PFC. But it is almost 20 years old.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Didnt we save 4.5 mil by cutting football. Where did that money go? Remember its 4.5 mil per year according to rabinowitz.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

I remember how bad the scoreboard was at Shuart Stadium. It looked like we were reading brail.
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

HofstraHockey wrote:No, the ones that's there was definitely not from the Coliseum. That was the one at the PFC. But it is almost 20 years old.

But Stu's right it originally came from the Coliseum.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

HUSID80 its was Jojo who said it came from the coliseum. Lets give him the credit.
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

Ok Stu...always crediting you as the historian...
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Thats because Im old! :roll:
Jojogunne

Post by Jojogunne »

stuball888 wrote:Didnt we save 4.5 mil by cutting football. Where did that money go? Remember its 4.5 mil per year according to rabinowitz.
Medical school (now the Hofstra Northwell School of Medicine at Hofstra University -- why two "Hofstras," I don't know), graduate nursing school, science and math school, engineering school ....
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Who is Northwell? I guess its someone or company who donated a ton of money to get their name on the building.
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

Northwell is the new name of the North Shore-LIJ system. The founding dean of our medical school, Dr. Lawrence Smith, was the Chief Medical Officer of the North Shore LIJ (now Northwell) health system.
Flying Dutchmen

Post by Flying Dutchmen »

How about we get some more people to show up at the Mack first, before we make all these upgrades to the arena, I don't see how this is a cost-effective move right now.