Travel By Plane Or By Bus

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
EvanJ

Travel By Plane Or By Bus

Post by EvanJ »

What plane trips has Hofstra made or will Hofstra make other than the Paradise Jam (obviously) and excluding postseason games we don't know about yet? I would hope Hofstra has enough money to fly to the three southernmost CAA teams. Google Maps says it takes 8 hours 20 minutes to go from Hofstra to Elon without traffic, and UNC Wilmington and College of Charleston are farther than that.
HUSID80

Re: Travel By Plane Or By Bus

Post by HUSID80 »

They fly to all the Carolina games...see the Jet Blue Twitter posts...might even fly to W&M
pridehoops2015

Post by pridehoops2015 »

Just out of curiousity - why? I'd be curious to know your interest.
Jojogunne

Post by Jojogunne »

I believe we also fly to JMU.
EvanJ

Post by EvanJ »

pridehoops2015 wrote: Just out of curiousity - why? I'd be curious to know your interest.
I just want to know. I remember reading that the Football team went to Marshall in West Virginia by bus. I looked it up and Hofstra went to Marshall on September 9, 2006.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Traveling by bus in the spring and fall is a lot easier than traveling in the winter. Any trip over 6 hours by bus can be a pain. hence more travel by plane for the winter sports. I think it was the Albany womens basketball team getting stranded for 24 hours in a bus during a snow storm
HofstraHockey

Post by HofstraHockey »

Then again, we were stuck in Georgia for three extra days in 2006 because our flights back to NY were canceled because of snow in NY.

We always flew to the Florida tournaments, and to Georgia State and Wilmington. The CAA scheduled us so that we'd only go to one or the other each year in the regular season.

As far as basketball vs football, booking a flight for ~20 people vs ~90 people is very different.
EvanJ

Post by EvanJ »

HofstraHockey wrote: We always flew to the Florida tournaments, and to Georgia State and Wilmington. The CAA scheduled us so that we'd only go to one or the other each year in the regular season.
When the CAA had 12 teams, Hofstra went to Wilmington every season and went to Georgia State (and each Virgina team) four times per six seasons. I can describe the schedule format in detail and/or look up the dates Hofstra went to those two teams if you want me to.