Catching Up with Chaz Williams

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
Jojogunne

Catching Up with Chaz Williams

Post by Jojogunne »

Found this link on Twitter. Chaz played for us as a freshman, then transferred to UMass after Pecora went to Fordham. Things would have been different had Chaz stayed:

https://www.gazettenet.com/UMass-basket ... l-41486972
Captain

Re: Catching Up with Chaz Williams

Post by Captain »

Thanks Jojo
I feel like Chaz had a long association with Hofstra.
I believe he may have committed to HU as a 9th grader , so we waited a long time for him to suit up for us.
I wonder if Coach Pecora wishes he stayed right here instead of the mess at Fordham.
If Chaz and the kid from Staten Island stayed with the awesome Charles jenkins, a CAA title might have come a lot sooner..
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

Captain wrote:Thanks Jojo
I believe he may have committed to HU as a 9th grader , so we waited a long time for him to suit up for us.
I wonder if Coach Pecora wishes he stayed right here instead of the mess at Fordham.
If Chaz and the kid from Staten Island stayed with the awesome Charles jenkins, a CAA title might have come a lot sooner..
It's a lot of years ago but for some reason I remember seeing them on tv playing together Jenkins and Williams against St Johns and losing at the garden. Chaz was a very talented PG for sure.
Pride97

Post by Pride97 »

Captain wrote:Thanks Jojo
I remember listening to an interview with Tom Pecora a few months back and definitely feel he regrets making that move. I cant remember if he actually said it or inferred it, but i walked away clearly thinking that he feels he would have been better off staying at Hofstra (especially with the team he would have had)
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Tom got scared when Hofstra cut football He know about it before Dave Cohen our football coach knew During his interview and press conference to introduce him as the new basketball coach at Fordham he said he looked forward to an administration that supported athletics This was an obvious knock on Hofstra and especially Rabinowitz