Hofstra Women's Basketball

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
triplec2195

Hofstra Women's Basketball

Post by triplec2195 »

A shout out to the women's team who's is now 2-1 in CAA play. A career high for JaKayla Brown with 23 points. What a good basketball player who's able to shine a bit with a better supporting cast. We beat NE who hasn't won a game yet but who said we're going to finish last in the CAA?? Now two more wins then we had all last year in CAA play. We could be the surprise team of the league although it's early yet!! Nice going ladies!!

CAN SOMEONE TELL ME WHY I CAN'T USE EMOJI'S HERE??? I'm getting a number when I click on one??

ProudofPride

Re: Hofstra Women's Basketball

Post by ProudofPride »

The women have officially secured the #5 seed. Huge accomplishment after last year, and being picked last this year.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

definitely better but still a work in progress . Team needs to
1.Get better defensively guarding the three
2. Must be able to shoot the three better I think we are last in the CAA
3.Overall shooting jump shots mid range needs to improve
4. while shooting Fts at around 62 % would like to see it jump to 70%
5. Take care of the rock better Turnovers are still an issue
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

stuball888 wrote:definitely better but still a work in progress . Team needs to
1.Get better defensively guarding the three
2. Must be able to shoot the three better I think we are last in the CAA
3.Overall shooting jump shots mid range needs to improve
4. while shooting Fts at around 62 % would like to see it jump to 70%
5. Take care of the rock better Turnovers are still an issue
A lot of truth hear Stu I've watched a few of their games and they're playing without Ineza who looked good as a freshman. They're vastly improved much more athleticism here and Jakayla Brown is a very good player able to have some days in the sun with better talent.Jahsyni Knight is a spark plug and Hines has always been solid. Getting rebounding from both Hines and Jaala Henry. They don't shoot the three and have trouble defending it.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Bumped to the top. Hofstra women with a gritty 77-67 OT win against 4 seed Towson. We got out to a double diget lead only to see it slowly evaporate over the rest of the game. Towson actually led in the 4th quarter but we clawed our way back. The in OT we outscored Towson 17-7 to take the win. While we shot 10% better than Towson we won the game because of two categories. We had 14 turnovers to Towsons 26. Also we outscored them in the paint I think 40-22. This is because we were athletic enough to drive in the paint and finish our shots. Congrats to coach Danielle and the staff. No stay hungry like Elon and Drexel did on the mens side.
cactus
Site Admin

Post by cactus »

I put some emojis in your post what are you using to access the site?
EvanJ

Post by EvanJ »

Tomorrow at 2:30 P.M. we play 20-3 (16-2 in the CAA) Delaware who won by 21 and 19 at us. Delaware won their last three games by a combined 75 points. Delaware is 22nd in the RPI and 73rd in the NET. Every CAA team is better in the RPI than the NET, and the CAA is sixth in the Conference RPI and sixteenth in the Conference NET.
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

cactus wrote:I put some emojis in your post Image what are you using to access the site?
Firefox cactus why?? :D :D This is what I get when I click on a smiley face?? :D :D
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

stuball888 wrote:Bumped to the top. Hofstra women with a gritty 77-67 OT win against 4 seed Towson. We got out to a double diget lead only to see it slowly evaporate over the rest of the game. Towson actually led in the 4th quarter but we clawed our way back. The in OT we outscored Towson 17-7 to take the win. While we shot 10% better than Towson we won the game because of two categories. We had 14 turnovers to Towsons 26. Also we outscored them in the paint I think 40-22. This is because we were athletic enough to drive in the paint and finish our shots. Congrats to coach Danielle and the staff. No stay hungry like Elon and Drexel did on the mens side.
A nice win for sure and I've been saying it for a long time Jakayla Brown is a very good basketball player. Go Pride
EvanJ

Post by EvanJ »

We led 8-4, trailed by 4 after one, by 11 at halftime, by 19 after three, and lost 60-39. Considering we lost hosting them by 21 and 19, losing by 21 isn't bad. We shot field goals 13-57 (.228) and shot threes (.267) better than twos (.214). Delaware shot field goals .319 with 15 more attempts, 15 more rebounds, and 7 fewer turnovers. Brown was our only double-digit scorer with 10, but she shot 4-19. Jasmine Dickey led all scorers with 13.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Delaware a superior team with more talent We did a good job defensively but our shooting did us in I think we scored a total of 11 points in the Second and third quarters combined You arenot winning with those stats