Wags

Mihalich Going Back to LaSalle

Post by Wags »

Added as a Special Assistant to the Head Coach

https://twitter.com/LaSalle_MBB/status/ ... 8892049408
triplec2195

Re: Mihalich Going Back to LaSalle

Post by triplec2195 »

So I'm surprised that nobody has commented on this. We all get the connection but doesn't Joe live on Long Island? So he's going to pick up and move to PA. or does he have a second house. Also I wonder why he would sever his relationship here? Is there something to this that we don't know about. Speedy loved him etc. etc.
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

Joe wants to get back into the action of college bball...he is a longtime friend of Dunphy, went to and played at LaSalle and coached there...as we know, his son is an assistant coach at Penn, he has a home on the Jersey Shore and rents a Hofstra house in Hempstead. Easy transition for him...wish him NOTHING BUT THE BEST!
cactus
Site Admin

Post by cactus »

just saw this online. good luck to Joe!
daHUPride

Post by daHUPride »

Good For JAM

Moving - Closer to "home" - Closer to family.

Thanks For what you did here - coach.
Polito

Post by Polito »

Yeah, this feels like a family adjustment (at least I hope - he certainly is valued here) - he was the leader we needed to save the program at that time - superior rep of this U - clearly a great man all around - wishing him nothing but good health, fortune, and an abundant life.

Alas, things change. This presents both a challenge and an opportunity.

Jay?

Lol Jk - would be a helluva thing though!

I kinda hope they take that money and invest in this current staff with specialized clinics and trainings to elevate their collective skill set - I don’t know how continuing education works in sports coaching, but I think it’s needed. Too much learning on the fly and taking years of lumps before figuring some basic things out that they could easily gain from the experience of other top coaches.

I’d like them to get a coach Wright or coach K or someone like that to do a private clinic for them, deep dive on some key aspects on the game to be a consistent champion. We need this staff to grow as much as we need the players to. Everyone can benefit from refreshers or learning new things.
cactus
Site Admin

Post by cactus »

Mihalich to be presented with the Jim Satalin Inspiration Award by the Coaches vs. Cancer program
https://buffalonews.com/sports/college/ ... uffaloNews