CAA Tournament Roll Call!!!

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
Hofstra

CAA Tournament Roll Call!!!

Post by Hofstra »

Who is showing out in DC this year? This is my favorite thread of the year. No better way to start it after that thrashing of Elon tonight. I will be there. Trying to convince Flying Dutchman to come with. I know Jaspegs will be there as well. Hopefully we have a decent presence this year.
CTDutch

Re: CAA Tournament Roll Call!!!

Post by CTDutch »

Unfortunately family issues will keep me away thru Monday. (When) We win Monday night, I will drive down from CT Tuesday morning.
Wags

Post by Wags »

I'll be there. Plan to come down Sunday morning and make it before the first quarterfinal game.
Hofstra

Post by Hofstra »

Wags wrote:I'll be there. Plan to come down Sunday morning and make it before the first quarterfinal game.
Thats awesome Wags. Should be a great time. Hopefully we cut down the nets on Tuesday
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

Looks like I won't be able to make it as I'm in Florida and I have no one to watch the dog...I know if sounds lame! But IF we do win the CAA I AM GOING TO THE NCAA WHEREVER WE WOULD PLAY....We all missed out in 2020...I plan to make this time.
Wags

Post by Wags »

HUSID80 wrote:Looks like I won't be able to make it as I'm in Florida and I have no one to watch the dog...I know if sounds lame!
Not at all! Totally understandable. But what if you dress him up as a lion and get him in the arena, saying he's the Pride's mascot? :)
Hofstra

Post by Hofstra »

HUSID80 wrote:Looks like I won't be able to make it as I'm in Florida and I have no one to watch the dog...I know if sounds lame! But IF we do win the CAA I AM GOING TO THE NCAA WHEREVER WE WOULD PLAY....We all missed out in 2020...I plan to make this time.
You can say that he is your support dog due to all the anguish Hofstra has caused over the years.

I am leaving Florida tomorrow. Been here for a week. What a place. I love it down here.
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

Good idea on the dog. Actually she’s a daschunds…maybe get in the arena as a large hot dog!

Yeh Florida is awesome right now. We live in the community hosting the Honda Classic PGA Tour event…spent the day on site…AWESOME the way those guys hit the ball!
Wags

Post by Wags »

FYI, a taste of spring in D.C. for the tournament! High/Low Temps:

Sun 3/6 - 73/57
Mon 3/7 - 76/58
Tue 3/8 - 68/42

Now wouldn't it be nice to see HU win by scores that match those high/low temps each of those days?!
Polito

Post by Polito »

This team doesn't feel like they have 'it', still missing leadership and D, but the conf is weak outside of Towson I suppose, so they of course still have a chance if they can put it all together. Would enjoy watching the tourney - will try to make it - depends on how some things firm up this week.
Wags

Post by Wags »

Polito wrote:This team doesn't feel like they have 'it', still missing leadership and D, but the conf is weak outside of Towson I suppose, so they of course still have a chance if they can put it all together. Would enjoy watching the tourney - will try to make it - depends on how some things firm up this week.
Doesn't feel like two years ago, but outside of Towson, the tourney feels wide open for a lot of teams this year, so they have as good a shot as any (by default or not) to reach the finals, especially with Towson now as the 1 and not the 2. And if you get there, and you're on that day (like they can be on a given night), you take your chances.