UNCW over St Bonaventure at the Bonnies

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
Captain

UNCW over St Bonaventure at the Bonnies

Post by Captain »

Denzel Ingram (sound familiar?) with a last second shot for the win.
Polito

Re: UNCW over St Bonaventure at the Bonnies

Post by Polito »

Tell ya what that tells me:

HU is right there. UNCW to me is still the clear favorite. BUT boy HU absolutely has a great shot to be in the top end of the CAA this year.
Wags

Post by Wags »

Polito wrote:Tell ya what that tells me:

HU is right there. UNCW to me is still the clear favorite. BUT boy HU absolutely has a great shot to be in the top end of the CAA this year.
Like we've said, UNCW was picked 6th last year. HU picked 6th this year. So, why not? (That is, as long as defense is enough of a priority).

The offense will be there -- think about this: they shot just 33.8% as a whole, they missed 14 free throws, Pemberton and Bernardi each went just 1-for-6, and they STILL scored 73 against a team like Kentucky. The offense will be fine. It's ALL about the defense for them.
Cards

Post by Cards »

Like we've said, UNCW was picked 6th last year. HU picked 6th this year. So, why not? (That is, as long as defense is enough of a priority).
As of today UNCW has an RPI of 15, HU is around 180 RPI. NO WAY these two teams are that far apart. I believe we will be dropping in the rankings from this point forward, and it will be very difficult for UNCW to stay in the top 25 (some of that is due to the SOS CAA schedule). Frankly I can see UNCW staying in the top 50 and HU getting under 100 (of course those early season losses will stop us from getting lower).

FTW - anyone heard anything regarding recruiting and the 2017 class. I hate us having to rely on spring signings - kind of gets us into the desperation mode! :?
EvanJ

Post by EvanJ »

UNCW had 1 point in the AP Poll and lost it after that win. Loyola-Chicago has 1 point in the AP Poll. They're 140th in the RPI with no away wins, no wins against the Top 100 of the RPI, and a strength of schedule ranked 292nd. How could anybody think they're better than UNCW?
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Chicago politics. Obama and Rahm Emanuel
Cards

Post by Cards »

that's funny Stu :lol: