Game 5 -Vermont

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
HUSID80

Game 5 -Vermont

Post by HUSID80 »

Where is everyone...here is a chance for us to make a statement...Vermont I believe is the top rated team in the America East...Last time we played them they drubbed us in one of those also ran post season tournaments.

Time for payback although it looks like we are around five point underdogs, the first time this season we are not favored...shows you what that all means.

Game time 5 pm...Let's start a winning streak!
Mike34

Re: Game 5 -Vermont

Post by Mike34 »

I'd like to see how JM changes up the plays in tonight's game against Vermont... or creates any plays at all. Yes they won yesterday but considering it was just by two points thanks to Powers at the last second I don't think anyone's confidence should be taking over their playing ability. Let's utilize our players properly and make some plays. And may I say players who are getting majority of the playing time show some defense. C'mon now!
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

This is a show me game. Show us some fire in the belly and some great coaching and we will be back on the wagon. Show us a team going thru the motions on defense and letting Vermont score 90 plus and it's an I told you do game. Give us something to feel good about
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

Mike34 wrote:I'd like to see how JM changes up the plays in tonight's game against Vermont... or creates any plays at all. Yes they won yesterday but considering it was just by two points thanks to Powers at the last second I don't think anyone's confidence should be taking over their playing ability. Let's utilize our players properly and make some plays. And may I say players who are getting majority of the playing time show some defense. C'mon now!

We don't need any plays...we scored 92 points! We need defensive intensity...get in Vermont's grilles...get stops and turnovers...We have the athletes...they need to be more intense and show EFFORT on both ends of the court...defense comes down to effort!
joeg1

Post by joeg1 »

Yes we score, but I believe we can do better. Generally, we are a fast, good shooting team. We should run more. Rok is a dominant defensive rebounder, but I would like to see him make better outlet passes to players already in transition. We give the defense too much time to set up and we tend to stall in the half court. We could be even more up tempo.

Defensively, the effort is there, but it seems a lot of players get caught out of position. They need to "see the ball, see your man", as Clyde says. A lot of blown coverage, mostly on the perimeter. Rok defends the post well, so we don't need a lot of help D, but we get exposed by good shooters.
Polito

Post by Polito »

Right here HUSID80! Yes sir, this is a key one, let's get some fire going

Absolute revenge game, and the boys need to go out there and GET IT. It's time for payback. Glad HU isn't favored, shouldn't be - team needs to fight back for respect, play beast mode and earn it.

As I said, this tourney will define the direction the team is going, need to go out there and take game 2 in defining fashion.

We all know the issues - we also all know the potential - it's probably not going to be pretty, but at this point, just get W's!

ROLLPRIDE
Mike34

Post by Mike34 »

I agree - great we scored 92 points, but that is only 2 points ahead of Bradley.... I wouldn't mind a bigger gap there when playing a school like Bradley!
joeg1

Post by joeg1 »

I wouldn't sell the win over Bradley short- they have a good pedigree and come from a good conference. They will probably improve through the season and the win will look more respectable
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Hope so Joe but their loss to Delaware still looks bad
EvanJ

Post by EvanJ »

joeg1 wrote: I wouldn't sell the win over Bradley short- they have a good pedigree and come from a good conference. They will probably improve through the season and the win will look more respectable
The Missouri Valley lost Creighton to the Big East and was worse than it usually is at 13th in the Conference RPI last season. Bradley had 4 wins and was 304th out of 351 in the RPI last season.

Bradley had a great second half to beat Wofford 70-62.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Down 17-11 to vermont
Mike34

Post by Mike34 »

Confused why players are always being pulled out when they're heating up.... mistake
Flying Dutchmen

Post by Flying Dutchmen »

This is a disgrace.
Mike34

Post by Mike34 »

Hofstra cannot keep up with this team
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

UVM is shooting 52% compared to our 26%. Disgusting.
Cards

Post by Cards »

Don't know why everyone was saying we don't need offensive plays because we scored 92pts yesterday. We run no plays and only score by chance and by one on one. Combine that with zero defense and this is what we get!!
Mike34

Post by Mike34 »

Cards wrote:Don't know why everyone was saying we don't need offensive plays because we scored 92pts yesterday. We run no plays and only score by chance and by one on one. Combine that with zero defense and this is what we get!!
Thank you! My point exactly.

I do like the energy from Powers Sabety and Pemba though. C'mon boys
bobe13

Post by bobe13 »

We make everyone look good.Vermout looks like Golden State with their three point shooting. We cant stop anyone and trail by 17.
Mike34

Post by Mike34 »

Can't even discuss how many times Sabety is wide open under the hoop but no one can manage to pass it to him. Unreal
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

Honestly not sure I can bring myself to watch the second half. The entire team and coaching staff should be completely embarrassed. We've seen zero half time adjustments in the previous 4 games this season, so I highly doubt there will be any this time.