Game 4 - Bradley

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
ProudofPride

Game 4 - Bradley

Post by ProudofPride »

I think we can all agree that the key to this game is defense. If we don't play any like we have our past 3 games, our chance of winning is slim to nothing. Right now we're 5 point favorites.
Here's Bradley'a message board, right now most of them are just fixated on our mascot/nickname. http://bradleyfans.com
Serious question, what's a "Brave", and why is their mascot this horrific thing? https://www.google.com/amp/www.sbnation ... ent=safari
Jojogunne

Re: Game 4 - Bradley

Post by Jojogunne »

Wags

Post by Wags »

As someone who initially went to Bradley as a freshman before ultimately transferring to and graduating from Hofstra, I've been waiting for this game for a long time.

Too bad that it comes when both programs are down this year, but I'm still looking forward to it.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Does anyone know if this game will be live streamed
bobe13

Post by bobe13 »

Stu, check Jojo's youtube video link above
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

all the games are live streamed...I have Vermont/Wofford on right now
Polito

Post by Polito »

Not sure HU has done anything to garner being favored... but Bradley just as bad. Game is a pick em to me.

Just keep this in mind: Bradley was beaten soundly by DELAWARE by 14 points.

This tourney is either going to be a season setting turnaround leading to a fun strong yr, or a complete season-deflating disaster. There is no in between here - it's not a strong field, so this is either you're ready to make moves or you're not.

And with a stretch of UK, SBU, Siena, and St Bon on the horizon, this is an event where HU MUST make strides.

GO GET EM FELLAS - ROLLPRIDE
Wags

Post by Wags »

Vermont pulls it out, 60-59.

HU & BU tipping in about 25 minutes.

Stats for all games in this event here: http://www.statbroadcast.com/events/tou ... hp?tid=438
The Shadow

Post by The Shadow »

At my work desk right now, once again I agree with Polito 100%. These games in Florida will tell you if the HU team is improving after some disappointing early season showings.
Jojogunne

Post by Jojogunne »

bobe13 wrote:Stu, check Jojo's youtube video link above
Very nice HD video stream.

Question: Why is our leading scorer from the Manhattan game not starting?
Flying Dutchmen

Post by Flying Dutchmen »

Good start, much more aggressive.
Jojogunne

Post by Jojogunne »

Powers just pushed the ball upcourt and took a terrible shot from the top of the key without looking for any of his teammates. If I were Mihalich, I would yank him immediately.
HofstraMathew

Post by HofstraMathew »

Wags wrote:Vermont pulls it out, 60-59.

HU & BU tipping in about 25 minutes.

Stats for all games in this event here: http://www.statbroadcast.com/events/tou ... hp?tid=438
Is the stats just showing 0-0 pregame for everyone else? Rather not live stream a video at work but I may have to if the stats don't work.
The Shadow

Post by The Shadow »

To HofstraMathew, no stats so far, just the video.
Flying Dutchmen

Post by Flying Dutchmen »

Defense does not appear to be a concept we believe in.
The Shadow

Post by The Shadow »

I agree with Flying Dutchmen, according to our friend Tiffany of WRHU 46 points given to a team that so far averages about 67 points in a game. Stats have been updated. Bernardi, no FG in the 1st half.
Last edited by The Shadow on Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cards

Post by Cards »

Powers is terrible. Totally a NON team player. Is Buie in the doghouse for some reason - he barely gets on the floor. We have no one running the offense!!!

Just checked the stats - Buie player 3 minutes and Powers played 17. I don't get it :cry:

Got to keep JWF on the floor. he is one of our primary scorers and he is one of the few guys who actually looks to pass down low (he ahs had a couple of good dish-offs to RG).

Play Buie, JWF, Gustys, Pemberton, Greer (if he can stay focused).
Wags

Post by Wags »

46 points allowed on 63% (17/27) shooting to a team that Delaware beat 63-49. Delaware held Bradley (which is normally offensively challenged and has trouble holding onto the ball) to 15 first-half points and 32% shooting in that game. Bradley made more shots (17) in the first half against HU than they did in the entire game against Delaware (16). So 63% is obviously inexcusable, but even more so in the context of what Bradley did against Delaware. You simply don't deserve to win if you have no interest in playing both ends of the floor.

Although they "only" took 12 3s (making 4) on 34 first-half shots (not as bad as usual with relying on the 3 too much), the shot selection could still improve greatly (in general, not so much in this game, since they did move the ball fairly well). But that only hurts the already poor defense, which can't be set well when you keep having to hustle back after long bounces off missed 3s.
Polito

Post by Polito »

Thanks Jojo, video is excellent. And GO TIFFANY!! She is excellent.
Polito

Post by Polito »

mama mia.... coming loose here guys - get it together