Midnight Madness

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
stuball888

Midnight Madness

Post by stuball888 »

Should be announced on Tuesday next week. Meeting will be held next Monday with the basketball staff.
bobe13

Re: Midnight Madness

Post by bobe13 »

bobe13

Post by bobe13 »

See everyone at Hofstra University's David S. Mack Sports and Exhibition Complex on Thursday, October 27 at 8 p.m. for MIDNIGHT MADNESS. Go Hofstra Pride! #RoarWithPride
Polito

Post by Polito »

Fired up! Great time and night to do it 8-)

Twitter w/Promo Vid:
https://twitter.com/HofstraMBB/status/7 ... 0923719681
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

Quick question: Usually the Midnight Madness is accompanied with a small ceremony in the new practice facility prior for season ticket holders/donors (with catered foods etc.) Does anybody know if that will be done again this year? Maybe like an hour before usually?
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

As far as I know of that will not happen this year. It was basically for Pride Club members but the club has all but been disbanded.
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

Alright thanks Stu. Sad to hear, attended it for the past 2 years and really enjoyed it...In reference to the Pride Club, does that mean the W.B Mason Pride Club lounge will not be open also to usual donors/members of the Pride Club? I haven't been updated on this news before.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Its complicated . Jorden we can all meet up at the arena What section does everyone want to meet up at. I will be wearing a teal colored Greg Norman sports shirt and tan pants.
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

Anyone know if this is being live streamed on Pride Productions? I'm hoping I can watch it from work.
Polito

Post by Polito »

Think I read something like that... I would imagine yes.

Also, I think it would be great for everyone attending to meet up in a central spot - how about between 7:45-8pm Section 101 on the luxury box side?

I'm not sure what to expect this year, but hopefully that is doable. Disclaimer, I do have meetings in the city tonight, so not sure what time I will arrive, but if we all know roundabouts of where to be, that will help everyone for whenever people can get there.
Jojogunne

Post by Jojogunne »

Any recruits coming tonight?
Polito

Post by Polito »

I am very much hoping and expecting there to be... hungry to see a game-changer secure the 2nd spot of the class
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

welp, doesn't look like there's anyway to watch this online. not good planning on Hofstra's part, essentially excluding everyone who isn't local and can't get to campus for a night event in the middle of the week.
bobe13

Post by bobe13 »

ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

... and this is why Pemeberton was in a national dunking competition. https://twitter.com/HofstraMBB/status/7 ... 4914429952
Polito

Post by Polito »

YEP :shock: :o :D

Have I mentioned how much potential this kid has? S.T.U.D.

Agree PoP, this absolutely should have been streamed for out of state folks or anyone who couldn't make it in person - big miss when you are desperately trying to increase awareness.

Hence our efforts folks.
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

Midnight Madness was somewhat middling in my opinion. First, they held everyone in the lobby until around 8 pm before you could get into the arena...then the t-shirt distribution was somewhat disorganized with many jumping the lines....shirts were not in size order, sizes we not clearly defined. Then once in the arena NOTHING HAPPENED until well after 8:30....by then everyone was either bored or anxious.... The good...slam dunk contest, 3 point shooting contest, mixed team scrimmages....fun began once the players took the court...but not enough and not enough hype...player coach introductions could have been much more dramatic...highlights of last season's big moments could have been shown...t-shirts should have been thrown around BEFORE the action...I could go on...And then weather was truly horrible so the turnout was better than I would have anticipated...Onward and upward!
garyg

Post by garyg »

So were any recruits there ??