MBB recruits 2016

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
Cards

Re: MBB recruits 2016

Post by Cards »

I have no clue. Maybe JAM holding cards close to the vest is a good thing?
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

garyg wrote:Need to add some scorers to the 2016-2017 slow setup offense...optimistic we can add 2 or 3 recruits by end of November...rest for the spring
With Taran Buie and Justin Foreman I would not call us a "slow setup offense" by any stretch of the imagination...those two kids are jets!
garyg

Post by garyg »

At this point there is not a lot of athleticism in frontcourt overall & Bernardi is basically a catch and shoot guy in backcourt...this could all change depending on who JAM brings in...Buie & Foreman may be jets but 2 guys do not make a roster...
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

With Mihalich as the coach you can be sure that they will run and have the players to do so. Also saw Andre Walker in practice the other day and you would not recognize him; contacts, 15 pounds of muscle and very athletic, the kind of guy who can run the floor with Buie and Foreman.
Cards

Post by Cards »

thats great to hear regarding Walker. Rokas and Andre have the potential to be a pretty imposing and effective pair to be up against for 40 minutes.
daHUPride

Post by daHUPride »

HUSID80 wrote:With Mihalich as the coach you can be sure that they will run and have the players to do so. Also saw Andre Walker in practice the other day and you would not recognize him; contacts, 15 pounds of muscle and very athletic, the kind of guy who can run the floor with Buie and Foreman.

great - liked the little I saw of him last year - glad he stayed wished they gave him more minutes last year (or red-shirted him-the minutes he got last year confused me) - but hope what you saw in him translates into contribution to the team
garyg

Post by garyg »

Hope you are right regarding Walker...would be great if he can develop into a real solid inside player both offensively and defensively
Polito

Post by Polito »

love to hear that re Walker - think he has BIG potential, and hope to see some great progress on his end this yr, and increased confidence from the staff in utilizing him

for recruiting, I also think it's best for the staff to land 1-2 during the early signing period in Nov - this is a big class, and you do not want to be scrambling next spring/summer to fill them all - not the end of the world if they don't, but makes it easier - getting this program to the dance and playing off that on the recruiting trail can produce some very positive results in filling out this class, so I do have faith in this staff to do it right

remember they will have Sabety next yr so that's 3 big men with talent...more than HU typically has - but I would agree having 1 more 6'8+ is ideal

the need IMO is clearly the WG and WF spots, as Robinson is not going to be enough - they need some game changers in the 6'4-6'7 range in this class
Jojogunne

Post by Jojogunne »

HUSID80 wrote:
garyg wrote:Need to add some scorers to the 2016-2017 slow setup offense...optimistic we can add 2 or 3 recruits by end of November...rest for the spring
With Taran Buie and Justin Foreman I would not call us a "slow setup offense" by any stretch of the imagination...those two kids are jets!
Freudian slip ... Desure Buie.
daHUPride

Post by daHUPride »

Polito wrote:love to hear that re Walker - think he has BIG potential, and hope to see some great progress on his end this yr, and increased confidence from the staff in utilizing him

for recruiting, I also think it's best for the staff to land 1-2 during the early signing period in Nov - this is a big class, and you do not want to be scrambling next spring/summer to fill them all - not the end of the world if they don't, but makes it easier - getting this program to the dance and playing off that on the recruiting trail can produce some very positive results in filling out this class, so I do have faith in this staff to do it right

remember they will have Sabety next yr so that's 3 big men with talent...more than HU typically has - but I would agree having 1 more 6'8+ is ideal

the need IMO is clearly the WG and WF spots, as Robinson is not going to be enough - they need some game changers in the 6'4-6'7 range in this class
Agree - need to reestablish the roster with 6'4"-6'7" athletes but wouldn't be the worst idea to also take another big/project like Walker that might need a year or two to develop his skills
csmith

Post by csmith »

We could add the dutchmen stats into platform.....thoughts?
cactus
Site Admin

Post by cactus »

csmith wrote:We could add the dutchmen stats into platform.....thoughts?
This looks like it's only for fantasy football. If you know how to set it up for the hofstra games, send me a PM.
garyg

Post by garyg »

Now the fun [hopefully] begins..we are officially in September and things really begin to "ramp up" from a recruiting perspective...kids are back at school this week and recruit visits are right around the corner...we have all stressed what a critical recruiting class this is for Hofstra....let the fun begin!!!! GO PRIDE
Polito

Post by Polito »

Yes!! been brutally slow this last half of summer for HU basketball news :? ready for some action!

By the way, onetime HU recruit (among many others) and former Indiana player Emmit Holt was dismissed from the team - believe it was alcohol related, but I know no real details

obviously that's not what JM is looking for, just interesting how some things turn out

in other news, one time HU recruit (among many others lol) Traci Carter is lighting it up during summer overseas trip - looking like a future star for Marquette

Now, let's get some CURRENT '16 class movement for HU!
Cards

Post by Cards »

PG Ako Adams commits to Rice. Too bad.

With such a big recruiting class (2016), hoping we get 2 or 3 commits this fall. Can leave other 2-3 spots for spring signing or transfers.
daHUPride

Post by daHUPride »

Polito wrote:Yes!! been brutally slow this last half of summer for HU basketball news :? ready for some action!

By the way, onetime HU recruit (among many others) and former Indiana player Emmit Holt was dismissed from the team - believe it was alcohol related, but I know no real details

obviously that's not what JM is looking for, just interesting how some things turn out

in other news, one time HU recruit (among many others lol) Traci Carter is lighting it up during summer overseas trip - looking like a future star for Marquette

Now, let's get some CURRENT '16 class movement for HU!
Holts dismissal sounds like a perfect fit for Cluess in New Rochelle
garyg

Post by garyg »

Anyone hear anything new???
Cards

Post by Cards »

Elijah pemberton going to W&M. Very sad. I thouhght we had a great shot at him. I think this guy is going to be a real scorer (super athletic and creates his own shots). then on top of losing him, we lose him to a CAA rival. Yikes!
garyg

Post by garyg »

Maybe it's me but it seems like a lot of guys have already removed Hofstra from their lists or given verbals elsewhere ??
garyg

Post by garyg »

I heard from reliable source that Pemberton has decommited from W & M