Paradise Jam 2015

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
Polito

Re: Paradise Jam 2015

Post by Polito »

Anyone know what channel it's on? Anything beside 215?
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

Verizon its 594. It's cbssn.
cactus
Site Admin

Post by cactus »

ProudofPride wrote:Hofstra's up 27-20 with 5 minutes left in the first half. Andre Walker is getting playing time and had a big block!
Also, the official paradise jam youtube stream only works out of the country, but I got it to work by using a proxy. This link will not work, it has to be pasted into a proxy server.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76221a41vdw
They have this again for tonight you know?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
doubledribble

Post by doubledribble »

Hey y'all! I'm a Gamecock fan and just wanted to swing by and comment on some things you've posted. I noticed you already posted a link to Cocky Talk and wanted to invite you to swing by if you'd like! I did post before the FSU game that that game would be one to watch! I had a feeling it would go to the wire! Great win and congratulations! Good luck tonight (just hopefully not enough! :lol: )
doubledribble

Post by doubledribble »

cactus wrote:
ProudofPride wrote:Hofstra's up 27-20 with 5 minutes left in the first half. Andre Walker is getting playing time and had a big block!
Also, the official paradise jam youtube stream only works out of the country, but I got it to work by using a proxy. This link will not work, it has to be pasted into a proxy server.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76221a41vdw
They have this again for tonight you know?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Yes they will!
doubledribble

Post by doubledribble »

This season is a lot different than last season for the Gamecocks. They finally have experience and leadership. Sindarius Thornwell is the leader of this team and he's a guy that has been forced to play at PG more than Frank Martin would like. Notice is our best three point shooter. We have a lot of depth in the post led by the Lithuanians, Chatkevicius (scored 27 against Oral Roberts 2 games ago) and Kacinas who scored 23 against DePaul and a double double against ORU.

Our freshmen class is anchored by PJ Dozier who was a McD's All-American. He has yet to really see the light come on, but he is a solid defender. We have a freak athlete in the post named Cheis Silva who was a top 100 player. He's only played 3 years of basketball and didn't speak a lick of English 3 years ago when he came over from Africa. He leaps out of the gym. We also have a guy named Eric Cobb who is a freshman. He's 6'9 270-75 pounds and has great feet and knows how to use his body. He's been a very solid surprise.

As far as other players to watch are concerned, Michael Carrera and Marcus Stroman are it. Stroman is a PG with little offensive presence but is fast and plays good defense. Carrera is on the wing but played most of his career in the post due to lack of depth. He's got a 7' wing span, is a great rebounder, and is tough as nails. I pity anyone that has to go up against him because he's a maniac.

I think the game will be close. I think the keys for Hofstra will be to get to the line and try to limit our second chance opportunities off missed shots.

Thanks for letting me stop by!
Polito

Post by Polito »

Thanks for posting double dribble, welcome! Great to have some insight from your side very much appreciated – you guys have a talented and experienced team with size – expecting a battle – my feeling is HU should do everything they can to disrupt the consistency USC displays, run and gun and score like crazy

Believe fouls and rebounding will be very key, and of course the 3 shooting

HU Needs to come out strong passionate focused and firing right from the get go !
EvanJ

Post by EvanJ »

http://stats.statbroadcast.com/broadcast/?id=111147&a=1 has statistics.

Hofstra is starting Green, Tanksley, Gustys, Koon, and Bernardi.

South Carolina is starting Sindarius Thornwell (junior guard), Laimonas Chatkevicius (senior forward), P.J. Dozier (freshman guard), Michael Carrera (senior forward), and Mindaugas Kacinas (senior forward). http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketb ... /_/id/2579 has South Carolina's statistics.
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

We're down by 10 at the U12, can't get rebounds (we have 5, they have 12), haven't scored in over 3 minutes, and can't do much without fouling. We started off hot, but now have gone ice cold. South Carolina is on a 12-0 run. We're also only 2-6 on free throws.
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

We looked a lot better towards the end of the half, managed to get within a few points. Green has 22 points so far. Unfortunately, he also has as many turnovers (3) as he does assists. We're down 39-46 at halftime, and that could be a lot worse if South Carolina made their free throws.
jaspegs

Post by jaspegs »

Gotta find a way to get Bernardi the ball. Started out hot again and then couldn't get him the ball the rest of the half.
garyg

Post by garyg »

Koon and Rokas need to score some 2nd half points...both were shut out in 1st half
cactus
Site Admin

Post by cactus »

overmatched inside. green's hot shooting as sc focuses on bernardi has kept them in it, but they will need to shoot the lights out in the 2nd half to win this one.
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

A big reason for the rebounding discrepancy is the amount of bunnies SC has missed at the hoop. I lost track of how many "missed tipins" there were on the live stats, followed by the offensive rebound.
RollPride15

Post by RollPride15 »

Rokas looks clueless out there.
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

We have 13 3's less than halfway through the second half. Per Jerry Beach, the school record is 15 in a game.
dutchiedoright

Post by dutchiedoright »

now at 14
dutchiedoright

Post by dutchiedoright »

koon with 4 fouls
down 3 with 8 to play
dutchiedoright

Post by dutchiedoright »

8 min left
we have 15 3's
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

Bernardi's 4th 3 of the night breaks the school record!
We're down 72-79, SC has had an answer to every basket since we can't play any defense without fouling. Koon still has 4, and now 4 other players each have 3. Tanksley just got called for a flagrant.