MBB Recruits 2019

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
triplec2195

Re: MBB Recruits 2019

Post by triplec2195 »

I saw this evaluation of him on the internet by rock top academy prep school; Looks like he's a very competitive kid with a high motor that plays with intensity and is a good vertical leaper and rebounder. But 165 lbs.?
Footwork I First Step Average
Current Level Among Peers
Low Mid-Major DI
Projected Level
Low High-Major DI
How Well They Play By Position
Mid Level
Schools
Mid American, CAA, Sun Belt, Horizion, Ivy, Summit, MAAC, Confrence USA, Southern, Atlantic Sun, Ohio Valley , American East, Patriot, Big West, Big Sky, Big South, WAC, Northeast, Southland, SWAC,MEAC , Division II
Ball Handling
Average
Perimeter Scoring
Average
Passing
Good
Heart
Big Time

Vertical Jump
Great
Speed
Good
Size By Position
Undersized

Rebounding
Great
Touch
Serviceable
Interior Scoring
Good
Ability To Block & Alter Shots
Good
Anticipation
Good
Defense
Tough Defender
Do They Take Good Shots
Good
Catch and Shoot
Serviceable
Ability To Create Own Shot
Gets to Spots
Midrange I Getting to the Basket
Good
Competitiveness
Relentless
Effort I Motor
Relentless
Attitude
Average
Basketball IQ
Average
Leadership
Good
Vocal Skills
Vocal
Body Type
Athletic | Strong
cactus
Site Admin

Post by cactus »

garyg wrote:
cactus wrote:he is coming off a torn acl, hoping he hasn't lost a step, but excited about his potential.

i believe there are still 2-4 spots open.
wormley, wright-foreman, dwyer are definitely done after this year
buie (listed as a SR on the hofstra website) and j.taylor could potentially return next year
Where did you hear about torn ACL ?????
not much info on it but it's mentioned in this thread
https://depreps.forums.rivals.com/threa ... deo.13761/
garyg

Post by garyg »

Cramer may be an ideal red shirt candidate for next season...this would give him an extra year to work with the weights and get stronger as well as working on skills such as shooting and ball handling...
HU87

Post by HU87 »

Some video from around this time last year.... Dude has arms for days....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzM_WV7XV6A
daHUPride

Post by daHUPride »

We seem to LOVE those lefties - and with heart, Ill take'm.
Sounds like EP body and JFW athleticism/skill set.
Jojogunne

Post by Jojogunne »

To Dylan Painter: If you want playing time, come to Hofstra!

http://www.zagsblog.com/2018/11/16/vill ... ing-class/
garyg

Post by garyg »

Jojogunne wrote:To Dylan Painter: If you want playing time, come to Hofstra!

Bad news is at this point all our scholarships are committed
HUSID74

Post by HUSID74 »

Where there's a will there's a way
Cards

Post by Cards »

I know we recruited him when he came out of high school.
Polito

Post by Polito »

Make room for him ASAP. There are plenty of guys on this roster that don't belong quite frankly. Harsh but folks this is D1, you don't turn guys like that away at HU if he's open to it, you absolutely find a way to make room, period. IF of course he's even open to that option.

And let me say I LOVE the Cramer signing, big time get for HU - kudos to the staff - offer list speaks for itself, they are from this summer so post-injury, and was in contact with Ohio St. and others as well (can dig up later). Kid can play and the exact talent level HU needs to win this league (A10+ level steals)

And I agree 100% Gary, I would absolutely redshirt him, make doubly sure he's full speed 100% from the injury - Kante will fill his role very well next year anyway. Create some seperation...

And pigs must be flying as I see this staff not only land a talented guy in the EARLY period, but he SIGNED! Praise the Lord - there is hope for this staff! ;) :P
garyg

Post by garyg »

If Dylan is seriously considering Hofstra staff must convince KS that D-II might be in his best interests
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

David Duke would take him in a N.Y. minute at Adelphi
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

Polito wrote:Make room for him ASAP. There are plenty of guys on this roster that don't belong quite frankly. Harsh but folks this is D1, you don't turn guys like that away at HU if he's open to it, you absolutely find a way to make room, period. IF of course he's even open to that option.

And let me say I LOVE the Cramer signing, big time get for HU - kudos to the staff - offer list speaks for itself, they are from this summer so post-injury, and was in contact with Ohio St. and others as well (can dig up later). Kid can play and the exact talent level HU needs to win this league (A10+ level steals)

And I agree 100% Gary, I would absolutely redshirt him, make doubly sure he's full speed 100% from the injury - Kante will fill his role very well next year anyway. Create some seperation...

And pigs must be flying as I see this staff not only land a talented guy in the EARLY period, but he SIGNED! Praise the Lord - there is hope for this staff! ;) :P
Polito nice to see you came out of hibernation and welcome back. We need more people who think outside the box but I don't think we should waste too much time dreaming about Painter. Can anyone tell us why he would sign with us??
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

garyg wrote:
Jojogunne wrote:To Dylan Painter: If you want playing time, come to Hofstra!

Bad news is at this point all our scholarships are committed
So how does the scholarship allotment work? He would be signed for next year when we will have open scholarships. He couldn't commit now for next year??
Polito

Post by Polito »

Thanks tc...

So, yes, plenty of room for him to transfer for next year. But if he wants to transfer mid year, I'm not sure how that works.

And 2 reasons why he should consider HU (not that he will, just a reply to your question):

1). He is not good enough to play a lot for the upper echelon.
2). PT he wants, PT he will get at HU next yr in the 5 spot.

No clue if he's even open to a mid, just some thoughts. Would be very cool for Jay to direct him this way if he is...
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

Polito wrote:Thanks tc...

So, yes, plenty of room for him to transfer for next year. But if he wants to transfer mid year, I'm not sure how that works.

And 2 reasons why he should consider HU (not that he will, just a reply to your question):

1). He is not good enough to play a lot for the upper echelon.
2). PT he wants, PT he will get at HU next yr in the 5 spot.

No clue if he's even open to a mid, just some thoughts. Would be very cool for Jay to direct him this way if he is...
Thanks Polito for responding since I'm not privy to the rules concerning transfers and scholarships. I'm sure HUSID or maybe Stu whoever could chime in on this. We're just fantasizing at this point since we have no idea what he's looking to do but for sure he would get a lot of playing time here and would really solidify this team next year and moving forward. We all can dream for now since he appears to have plenty of suitors.
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

Just happened to see that James Madison picked up these three recruits;
11/28/2018 - James Madison 2019 SG Quinn Richey (6-5, 187, 2★) signed with James Madison.
11/28/2018 - James Madison 2019 PF Julien Wooden (6-8, 210, 2★) signed with James Madison.
11/28/2018 - James Madison 2019 SF Michael Christmas (6-6, 195, 3★) signed with James Madison.
Also a PG named Adams de committed from Towson. 11/23/2018 - Towson 2019 PG Chase Adams (5-8, 155, 3★) has decommitted from Towson. Does anyone know if we were recruiting this kid?
Polito

Post by Polito »

Not sure about Adams, but pretty sure HU recruited/offered Christmas at one time...
Cards

Post by Cards »

garyg wrote:Cramer may be an ideal red shirt candidate for next season...this would give him an extra year to work with the weights and get stronger as well as working on skills such as shooting and ball handling...

Getting back to Cramer - the posts on the referenced blog indicate he missed last season, and also had some posts say that he might be back at the very end of the last season (which of course would have been quite stupid). In any case, it sounds to me like he will be playing his full senior season this year. If healthy, and given his LOI, he should be working hard on his weight and strength this season. May not need to redshirt next year if he has a very productive senior season this year.

Im sure he would not have been offered if we had not recently seen him working hard and recovered. Injury and weight may have kept him generally under the radar. Fingers crossed.
ZMAN3

Post by ZMAN3 »

Would like to see him shooting something other than a layup or a jump hook - not going to get those at his height and weight in D1