Game 9 Bucknell

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
HofstraMathew

Re: Game 9 Bucknell

Post by HofstraMathew »

HUSID74 wrote:IMO Burgess is getting the minutes he deserves. He is not a starter and is not a SCORER off the bench. He can come in to give some of the backcourt starters some rest and is at best COMPETENT in his current role.
I agree with this; the only thing I would say is he could probably be used for some added defense at times but our regulars have actually been pretty solid at defense so we haven't really needed that defense off the bench. I think that is what is hurting his playing time. Maybe if Speedy wants to do some full court press he ends up subbing in for that to have fresh legs or something.
Cards

Post by Cards »

HUSID74 wrote:IMO Burgess is getting the minutes he deserves. He is not a starter and is not a SCORER off the bench. He can come in to give some of the backcourt starters some rest and is at best COMPETENT in his current role.
100% agree HUSID
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

I really don't like anyone who will be left wide open especially a guard and just pass up these shots. Whoever would be guarding him is now doubling on someone else more then likely. One of the other negative factors with Caleb is that he's a poor FT shooter he shot 58% last year. If you have him in a close game for his ball handling and Defense he would be the guy to foul. You just don't know what he's going to give you there.