St. Bonaventure Game Preview

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
Polito

Re: St. Bonaventure Game Preview

Post by Polito »

A little late to this party, just got back from a Thanksgiving trip to VA to be with my family - hope everyone had a wonderful holiday!

Now, some things that need to get straightened out on here real quick:

1) What to do next year without Green?
Hm, let's see here, how about others will step up and fill the void? How about, HU will do what they did after Speedy, Stokes, Jenkins, and every other great player, they'll find OTHERS! :P Don't ask next yr questions 1/3 through the current GOOD one. And stop worrying about how to replace players - IT'S COLLEGE, they're here 4 yrs max, turnover is part of it - you move on to the next guys in a long line of great guards. And thanks to guys like Green, HU will continue to elevate which will continue to improve recruiting. I know the question wasn't necessarily negative, and probably more of a positive to Green, but this is Guard U baby, HU will be fine, trust me.

2) The 'other' SBU is the one that really matters and the barometer for HU
What in the world are you talking about??!!?? Please tell me this is TIC?? Otherwise, take that bullcrap somewhere else. That is one of the most ridiculous thing I've heard so far this season. Good team, I fully respect them, game will be tough. But don't get it twisted, St Bona was a very solid W, the A10 is a helluva lot better than the AE, and if any team still has to prove it's worth it's STONY BROOK.

This idea of 'that's the game that really matters' and 'that's the game that will tell us where HU is at' is absolute horse manure...I mean holy cow, HU played the ACC and SEC for goodness sake, and Stony Brook is your barometer??? Are you taking crazy pills? C'mon folks, grab your nads and get your heads on straight. One game at a time, and quite frankly, the way HU has been, SBU isn't going to be unique, EVERY game is a battle.

As for St Bon, I wasn't able to listen or watch, just caught recap and stats - it's an A10 W on the road, gotta take it and run. Should've won by 10, but unfortunately we know that's not the M-O of this group - goes back to over focusing on the CAAT - gotta change that - EVERY GAME IS KEY, and EVERY GAME requires your ALL OUT EFFORT ALL GAME LONG. This was a good W - as I said, HU can win big games in 1 off scenarios - THE concern is whether they can do it 3 days in a row.

VERY happy to see the FT numbers - Green appears to have played like a stud again - I think Ameen played out of character last yr, and this is prob more his game - don't think he's going to be a superstar, but that can be ok as long as he plays effective and efficient on BOTH ends

Koon, adds some strong value and mismatch opps, but he's not quite the strong stability guy I was hoping for just yet - Bernardi is prob the best pure shooter among mids, but once again we find he needs to create his own shot, or at least create his own SPACE against tougher defenders - the shooting doesn't help if you don't get the looks - but the young man has played so well to start this yr, staying hopeful he can work around that this yr - the roster rotation I fear will continue to drive us all crazy...

Bona has some very good players in Posley and Adams, they got their points, but HU kept them in check enough that they didn't have superstar games - they'll need to do it again against LaSalle, another tough A10 road game - Price is a baller - glad the team got a couple of days to rest, going to need it - go get 'em fellas!
garyg

Post by garyg »

You make some good points Polito especially #1. Collectively I think backcourt will be fine with Buie, Bernardi, Power, JWF, & EP...they may even recruit one more guard...upfront is where there should be more concern
pridehoops2015

Post by pridehoops2015 »

LOL i usually disagree with almost EVERYTHING polito says but his comments on LI SBU couldnt be more right.
Polito

Post by Polito »

LOL

That's because you are quite the big homer PH15 :P I know you're connected to the program in some way, but it's ok, quite honestly we could use one or two good homers around here! So I certainly won't hold your mistakes against you because of it :D

One of my favorite sayings: I'd agree with you, but then we'd BOTH be wrong!!

One area we can always agree, I won't stand for any SBU inflation bullcrap on these HOFSTRA boards - E V E R. Especially not from H O F S T R A fans. Truly appreciate you all, we need every HU fan we can get, and because of that I will tell someone you need to check yourself, grow a pair, and start thinking straight. Fully expect others to do the same with me when I need it! 8-)

#DUTCHMEN
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Like Ed Koch once said I hope you agree with most things I say If you agree with everything I say you need a help.