MBB Game 11 - UMass, 12/11/22, 7 PM EST

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
ZMAN3

Re: MBB Game 11 - UMass, 12/11/22, 7 PM EST

Post by ZMAN3 »

So I said from Day 1 Carlos is not the point guard - he just brings the ball upcourt - other than that he's basically useless - Estrada is the PG - he has the ball the most, scores and generates offense for others - without him we are Schtuppe'd (sp). Had a nice UNDER play yesterday. As far as Barrouk goes his defense was awful - he was totally abused. Just a poor effort all around - tough without Estrada - shudder to think of what a reoccurrence of his injury would mean - not to mention next year
Captain

Re: MBB Game 11 - UMass, 12/11/22, 7 PM EST

Post by Captain »

Boy was that ugly! I keep hoping some of the upper class players can offer some poise under pressure.
Washington looks extremely uncomfortable. Thomas similarly is often forcing and rushing stuff. I hope this game is as ugly as it can get.
Without Estrada and no outside shooting it was amazing we stayed close for as long as we did.
Estrada calms everyone else down. He gets open looks for Thomas, Dubar and even Carlos and allows Marshall to be a great second option.
Keep the faith everybody. Almost every team has a complete stinker and hopefully this was ours. What alarms me is the ease they had underneath, basically grabbing every offensive rebound in the second half. That has to change.