What's Next for JWF?

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
Mikey77

Re: What's Next for JWF?

Post by Mikey77 »

Myles Powell of Seton Hall gets the Haggerty Award - JWF totally screwed again.
HUSID74

Post by HUSID74 »

Shame, he was the best player, but Powell went to the NCAA's...tough to compete against.

Nice to see Pemberton on the Second Team.
Mikey77

Post by Mikey77 »

Look at the supporting cast Powell had. Powell's a great player but if you look at their weekly awards JWF had like 4 the most of any player and Powell 2. One would think that those weekly awards would count for something but I guess not.
Hofstra

Post by Hofstra »

HUSID74 wrote:Shame, he was the best player, but Powell went to the NCAA's...tough to compete against.

Powell lit up Kentucky this year. JWF lit up a lot of sub par teams. Myles Powell had a strong resume vs superior competition. He was great. Would JWF have had similar success vs the teams that Seton Hall played? Powell deserved the award.
Hofstra

Post by Hofstra »

Adding to my above post, I am not saying JWF would not have had the same success, I think the world of him. I just think Powell showed this area that he was the best player based on the schedules/opponents. Herm Edwards said that they can only play their schedule, so no fault to Justin at all.
garyg

Post by garyg »

Hofstra wrote:
HUSID74 wrote:Shame, he was the best player, but Powell went to the NCAA's...tough to compete against.

Powell lit up Kentucky this year. JWF lit up a lot of sub par teams. Myles Powell had a strong resume vs superior competition. He was great. Would JWF have had similar success vs the teams that Seton Hall played? Powell deserved the award.
Agree
Wags

Post by Wags »

Hofstra wrote:

If you're basing it on that, it's a good argument for Powell to get the award over JWF.

But as for your question, yes I absolutely think if he had been given the same opportunity, JWF would've had similar success against the teams Seton Hall played (see JWF's 27 pts at Maryland and 29 pts at NC State in the NIT).
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

Wags wrote:
Hofstra wrote:

If you're basing it on that, it's a good argument for Powell to get the award over JWF.

But as for your question, yes I absolutely think if he had been given the same opportunity, JWF would've had similar success against the teams Seton Hall played (see JWF's 27 pts at Maryland and 29 pts at NC State in the NIT).
He also scored 25 vs Villanova at the Nassau Coliseum when they were the #1 team in the country!
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

IDK anything about Powell but really find it hard to believe that anyone could have had a better year then Justin in the metro area!
Wags

Post by Wags »

Okay, NOW we're talking. Good luck, JWF! Go get 'em!
Hofstra

Post by Hofstra »

Just saw that he did not get an invite to the NBA Draft Combine. Terrible decision to not invite him. I hope he can show scouts during his visits.
Wags

Post by Wags »

dutchalum01

What's Next for JWF?

Post by dutchalum01 »

Hofstra wrote:Just saw that he did not get an invite to the NBA Draft Combine. Terrible decision to not invite him. I hope he can show scouts during his visits.
select players from the Elite camp he’s playing in will be invited to the combine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hofstra

Post by Hofstra »

dutchalum01 wrote:
Hofstra wrote:Just saw that he did not get an invite to the NBA Draft Combine. Terrible decision to not invite him. I hope he can show scouts during his visits.
select players from the Elite camp he’s playing in will be invited to the combine.

Thats awesome news. I hope he kills it there
HUSID74

Post by HUSID74 »

Saw he was at a Sixers camp the other day.
dutchalum01

Post by dutchalum01 »

He’s here in Minneapolis today working out for the wolves.

Jojogunne

Post by Jojogunne »

HUSID74 wrote:Saw he was at a Sixers camp the other day.
The Sixers have four second-round picks. I could see them taking a flyer on Justin:

https://www.philly.com/sixers/justin-wr ... 90506.html
Wags

Post by Wags »

Here's the full combine list. JWF is great and absolutely deserves a bunch of serious looks from NBA teams. But this combine list is limited to 66 and it's a pretty good list of talent. So if you're adding JWF, who are you taking off that list? Maybe one of the high school kids? Maybe. But with all of the talent listed here, it was tough to find room for him. That's okay though, he's still getting his chance through his team workouts.

https://twitter.com/TommyBeer/status/11 ... 9193843712
Wags

Post by Wags »

Jojogunne wrote:
HUSID74 wrote:Saw he was at a Sixers camp the other day.
The Sixers have four second-round picks. I could see them taking a flyer on Justin:

https://www.philly.com/sixers/justin-wr ... 90506.html
They seem to be looking at SGs with the last two of those four second-round picks. Those last two picks are at 44 and 54.

At 44, a 6-5 French SG is one prominent projection, so that could be where Philly might instead take the flyer you're mentioning.

At 54, it's UCF's Aubrey Dawkins, who of course, nearly helped his dad beat his old school Duke in the NCAAT in March.

Seems high for him (if he gets drafted at all) but wouldn't that be funny if JWF is selected at No. 44, by the same team that picked Speedy (Philadelphia) at the same spot where Golden State took Jenkins (No. 44)?

Speaking of Speedy, happy 41st birthday to him today, by the way.

And SID Stephen Gorchov's birthday today, too! Happy birthday to both! Pretty cool that they share the same birthdate.
Last edited by Wags on Wed May 08, 2019 8:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.