MBB recruits 2016

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
garyg

Re: MBB recruits 2016

Post by garyg »

HUSID80....did you hear this from very reliable sources ??
HU87

Post by HU87 »

HUSID80 wrote:Word is there may be a BE big in our future......
That would be H-U-G-E! Should we all head down to D.C. with signs and custom jerseys? I'm happy to work to make that one happen...
garyg

Post by garyg »

HUSID80....did this BE player leave school ??
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

No still at school. Will make his decision in the spring.
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

Check with Stu, he's the man on this one
garyg

Post by garyg »

Stu...what is reason you heard that he may be looking to transfer??? Homesick, family member ill, etc.
Polito

Post by Polito »

Do not even joke about this right now :o :shock: :!: :!:

There is not an emoji smile big enough to express how I would feel!!!

So, IF it is who some think, let's play on the speculation, here's the deal:

- G-Town is not quite as amazing as they were supposed to be this yr, some questionable games thus far
- JG is not going to start there, not this yr, and not next - he's getting about 10min a game right now - not terrible, but prob not what was desired/expected considering he was a HS superstar and top 100 recruit
- The talent there is obviously super - they are recruiting *2* 5 star kids at his position in '16 - if they land one, that's it for JG IMO - it'll be life as a backup at that point
- HU has a H U G E and C L E A R need for help in the post - he could come here and literally start tomorrow, or see at least 20 min / game first yr - and star in this league in this region and you'll get your shot at the next level - he and Buie have instant connection, so there's almost immediate comfort

Quite honestly I thought he should've come to HU with Buie in the first place, these 2 are life long friends on and of the court, and have played tremendously well together since day 1 - they would be a SERIOUS PROBLEM in the CAA!!

They pull this one off and Buie will catapult himself to HU's #1 recruiter between him and EP!! LOL :D

Only thing for me is, the decision needs to be made in time to attend in the spring '16 semester - don't need a player of his caliber riding the pine sitting out for a full yr - what are the chances he could play next yr?
daHUPride

Post by daHUPride »

Polito wrote:Do not even joke about this right now :o :shock: :!: :!:

There is not an emoji smile big enough to express how I would feel!!!

So, IF it is who some think, let's play on the speculation, here's the deal:

- G-Town is not quite as amazing as they were supposed to be this yr, some questionable games thus far
- JG is not going to start there, not this yr, and not next - he's getting about 10min a game right now - not terrible, but prob not what was desired/expected considering he was a HS superstar and top 100 recruit
- The talent there is obviously super - they are recruiting *2* 5 star kids at his position in '16 - if they land one, that's it for JG IMO - it'll be life as a backup at that point
- HU has a H U G E and C L E A R need for help in the post - he could come here and literally start tomorrow, or see at least 20 min / game first yr - and star in this league in this region and you'll get your shot at the next level - he and Buie have instant connection, so there's almost immediate comfort

Quite honestly I thought he should've come to HU with Buie in the first place, these 2 are life long friends on and of the court, and have played tremendously well together since day 1 - they would be a SERIOUS PROBLEM in the CAA!!

They pull this one off and Buie will catapult himself to HU's #1 recruiter between him and EP!! LOL :D

Only thing for me is, the decision needs to be made in time to attend in the spring '16 semester - don't need a player of his caliber riding the pine sitting out for a full yr - what are the chances he could play next yr?
go get him Buie
Cards

Post by Cards »

If he leaves after the full season, then he obviously has to sit out a year.

What if he left now and enrolled at HU for the Spring semester. When is he then eligible to play?? Would it be Spring of 2017 (play in the conference schedule next year)?
garyg

Post by garyg »

In all probability his decision will probably be made later rather then sooner...also I realize he and Buie are very close but there is no guarantee he transfers to Hofstra...he may still want to play at a higher level...regardless of where he ends up look for him to sit out one season....that being said would love to see him end up at Hofstra....he and Buie already have great chemistry and JG should really shine at Hofstra...and all of a sudden we have depth at this position with JG, Rokas, and Sabety...as JAM would say, "keep your fingers crossed"
Cards

Post by Cards »

I've seen a few videos of JG shooting jumpers from about 15 feet. He can definitely knock them down. Would be interesting to see him at the 4 with Rokas at the 5. Add in DB, EP, JWF, and who knows who else........could be a very bright future. Lets keep hoping!
garyg

Post by garyg »

I think we are all getting ahead of ourselves a bit here as JG is still suiting up in a Hoya uniform...Stu, you obviously got the info someplace...what is your read on the situation ie likely or not likely to happen???
Jojogunne

Post by Jojogunne »

Maybe this BE recruit would want to transfer to SBU. After all, they will lose Warney after this year.
garyg

Post by garyg »

Only if Buie transfers to SBU as well...LOL
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Polito hit the nail on the head with the #1 reason. Playing Time. Actually I think SBU has their sites set a little lower on their next center. Hint about an inch lower.
garyg

Post by garyg »

i know SBU is recruiting the 6-9 kid from LUHI...believe last name is Campbell
garyg

Post by garyg »

Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas...a late gift to us would be if JG decides in spring to join his buddy at Hofstra...
garyg

Post by garyg »

So far this season JG getting 15.1 minutes per game which is not bad for freshman...probably have to be other reasons if he were to consider transferring ??
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

He's playing now vs DePaul...looks pretty lethargic...not much energy....but he is a big body and pretty athletic...one of the first guys off the bench...maybe we can trade Walker for him
garyg

Post by garyg »

I do not see JG leaving Georgetown after just one season....appears to be one of those rumors that get's started without any real substance