Post by cactus »

Hofstra wrote:
stuball888 wrote:Tim is in no shape to coach again He too has health problems
Hipaa bruhhhhh. Chill
This is an unfortunate post.
stuball888

Re: 2021 CAA Men’s Basketball Tournament

Post by stuball888 »

Cactus Tims health issues are well documented it doesn’t violate any hippa laws He already said he is retired due to health reasons
cactus
Site Admin

Post by cactus »

stuball888 wrote:Cactus Tims health issues are well documented it doesn’t violate any hippa laws He already said he is retired due to health reasons
Was not replying to your post Stu. No issues with what you wrote.
Jojogunne

Post by Jojogunne »

Looks like four teams we played made it into the NCAAT: St. Bonnie, seeded 39; Rutgers, 40; Iona, 63; and Drexel, 64:

https://twitter.com/NicoleAuerbach/stat ... 81/photo/1

We also played Richmond. They're a 2 seed in the NIT:

https://www.ncaa.com/_flysystem/public- ... racket.jpg
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

Wags wrote:
Mikey77 wrote:Noting that there will be an NIT this year. Apparently, it will be a 16 team field and all games will be played in New York City at MSG and without fans. (Although the announcement I read was issued before Cuomo relaxed some of the restrictions.) I would think that the CAA would get at least one invite between JMU, NE and HU.
Northeastern's 9-8, Hofstra's 12-9. There is no chance at all that either are in the NIT if they're not in the NCAAT, especially in a 16-team field.
This is a no brainer I read that Belmont 26-4 was snubbed by both the NCAA and NIT. How in the world is anyone from the CAA getting in??
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

Before they changed to 16 teams the regular season champ from a conference would get in the NIT automatically if they did not win the conference tournament. I guess that is out the window with the reduced field.
Wags

Post by Wags »

HUSID80 wrote:Before they changed to 16 teams the regular season champ from a conference would get in the NIT automatically if they did not win the conference tournament. I guess that is out the window with the reduced field.
It's like the A10 Texas Invitational with one-quarter of the field coming from that conference in three of the four brackets.
Polito

Post by Polito »

How lovely for those opponents making the dance. Thrilled to watch Iona YET AGAIN make the NCAAT while HU sits at home watching. Amazing, Pitino's first year and he already beat HU on their home floor and won the MAAC with a hodgepodge roster of new almost entirely players.

Wonder what Rick Cole must be thinking. Going from a program that is a near lock to make it every to every other year, to this. Welcome to the other side bud.

I hope you have the courage, skill, and most importantly the SUPPORT from the HU admin ($$$) to make a bold move when the time comes like Iona pulling in a big dog. Already paid for itself in YEAR 1. Jealous.

Like I said, I'm fine with Mike getting his real shot if JM is unable to return, but that clock better tight. HU and it's community has become WAY too comfortable with insanely long droughts and failing to finish. It has been excused for so long it (and fear) has become an accepted part of the culture. That needs to change.
Jmills12

Post by Jmills12 »

Im going to be looking at some over unders for march madness.

Lot of high scoring teams made it in like oral roberts and iona albeit they're playing 2 seed giant colleges in Alabama and Ohio State!

https://www.sportsbetting3.com/ncaabb/m ... s-analysis

saw this site has a breakdown, think going to be hard to predict wins but scorelines are going to be high!
Wags

Post by Wags »

Jmills12 wrote:Im going to be looking at some over unders for march madness.

Lot of high scoring teams made it in like oral roberts and iona albeit they're playing 2 seed giant colleges in Alabama and Ohio State!

https://www.sportsbetting3.com/ncaabb/m ... s-analysis

saw this site has a breakdown, think going to be hard to predict wins but scorelines are going to be high!
Two of the first four games though were 53-52 and 54-53.

Colgate-Arkansas is a good bet for the over.