2015 Pride Mens Lacrosse

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
stuball888

Re: 2015 Pride Mens Lacrosse

Post by stuball888 »

Attendence was announcred at 921. many people left and by the fourth quarter there were about 300 in the stands with about 200 of them marist fans.
Polito

Post by Polito »

Thank you Stu for the stats - it's horrendous - thank God the fans are sick of watching this nonsense and are leaving each yr - maybe THAT will force the necessary change

I will not be back at a game until ST is gone - now I'm not at every game or anything, no delusion that I have any clout in that dept, BUT just saying I will not support the destruction of this program, and I guarantee more and more disappear the longer his reign continues

JD has to be thinking what the F is going on up there, I literally handed you the program on a platter

It has to stop, and ST has to go.
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

Jack Concannon is starting in goal instead of Chris Selva against Cornell.
Polito

Post by Polito »

Crushed, as expected against a quality team on the road - meanwhile I remember clearly being in attendance at an incredible game where HU knocked off #1 ranked Hopkins at home - great game between two fantastic teams... such a shame how far it's fallen under the current "leadership".

SO thankful there are only 2 games left - can't believe I'm saying this because I don't like it, but quite honestly I'm almost looking for them to drop both, get to double-digit losses, end this abysmal season, and PRAY that is enough for the AD to pull the plug and end ST's reign as well. I mean that just can NOT be acceptable...it just can't. No AD can sit there and claim they want to win and run a successful athletic department and allow this to continue year after year.

* 5 STRAIGHT YEARS *

Please let that be ENOUGH.
HofstraHockey

Post by HofstraHockey »

If it makes anyone feel any better, Duke needs a win over Virginia today to even get into the ACC tournament. They are currently 0-3 in conference play. The 5th place team gets relegated to a game against Penn for no reason other than to sell some tickets because they rented the place for the weekend.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Duke lost a lot to graduation but should improve next year. The difference is look who Duke plays. We are losing to teams like marist.
Jojogunne

Post by Jojogunne »

Duke lacrosse will be featured on 60 Minutes tonight.
HofstraPride1

Post by HofstraPride1 »

Polito wrote:Crushed, as expected against a quality team on the road - meanwhile I remember clearly being in attendance at an incredible game where HU knocked off #1 ranked Hopkins at home - great game between two fantastic teams... such a shame how far it's fallen under the current "leadership".

SO thankful there are only 2 games left - can't believe I'm saying this because I don't like it, but quite honestly I'm almost looking for them to drop both, get to double-digit losses, end this abysmal season, and PRAY that is enough for the AD to pull the plug and end ST's reign as well. I mean that just can NOT be acceptable...it just can't. No AD can sit there and claim they want to win and run a successful athletic department and allow this to continue year after year.

* 5 STRAIGHT YEARS *

Please let that be ENOUGH.
It will actually be four straight years of no NCAAs if we don't get automatic bid this year and not five, not that it makes things that much better. Our last bid came in 2011 when it was Card's senior year and we were 13-2, but missed out on chance to host home game after falling to Delaware in CAA semifinals. Who would know at that point we would on such a drought. Extremely frustrating but am trying to stay positive since last year showed we are still capable of contending nationally.
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

Fantastic win, shutting Towson out the entire second half. We win 9-2, and Towson's only 2 goals came in the 2nd quarter by the same player. Selva was on fire with 12 saves, although he didn't start. Jack Concannon started his second consecutive game and made 2 saves and allowed no goals before his stick broke. The last 2 goals were empty-netters, as Towson pulled their goalie.
Best effort all season, by far
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Where was this result all season long. Now looking to see what they do against Fairfield. I think this win will put them in the CAA tournament. If they play anywhere near this way in the tournament then they will get their NCAA bid.
HofstraPride1

Post by HofstraPride1 »

Very impressive effort today to keep their CAA tourney hopes very much alive. Lots of scenarios at play including the chance of a five-way tie for first place at 3-2 so not sure we completely control our own destiny depending on tiebreaker scenarios.
Polito

Post by Polito »

Shocking win, and def their best of the yr so far...congrats to the players for a strong effort and a big W

But I will not be fooled - just too much history.
Jojogunne

Post by Jojogunne »

Nice to see Selva recognized for a breakout game:

http://www.gohofstra.com/news/2015/4/20 ... 54534.aspx
Captain

Post by Captain »

HofstraPride1 wrote:Very impressive effort today to keep their CAA tourney hopes very much alive. Lots of scenarios at play including the chance of a five-way tie for first place at 3-2 so not sure we completely control our own destiny depending on tiebreaker scenarios.
If you go to the CAA website Hofstra controls it's own playoff chances with a win at fairfield. They are a second seed with a win in all scenarios other than a 5 way tie.
If there is a 5 way tie, goal differential is the determinant. Right now Hofstra has the goal differential edge, plus if they beat fairfield their goal differential would improve.
So despite a very challenging season, one big win on Friday night would be very rewarding.
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

I swear only Hofstra could lose that way… Hold an opponent to 5 goals total and all in the first quarter, and STILL find a way to lose and end their season… no words.
HofstraPride1

Post by HofstraPride1 »

Incredibly frustrating season and four year-run. I feel bad for these seniors who seem like great character guys, but just could not get program over the hump when it mattered most. To not make CAAs three out of last four years and four of the last six is very hard to swallow.
BringBackFootball

Post by BringBackFootball »

I can't wait to read Polito's next post. I'm on pins and needles!!

Wish Tierney would go away and never come back, He ruined this program.
Polito

Post by Polito »

Was there really any surprise here?? I mean c'mon it was automatic - these coaches have proven only one thing, that they willfond a way to blow every major opportunity and lately every season - and this quite simply another sh!tty yr under this staff

ST and likely others need to go, period - or, everyone can expect a lot more of the same bs

This program has tanked under his guidance and will continue to hit rock bottom - the problem is so obvious it's beyond ridiculous - if HU doesn't make a real move here then they will show EVERYONE, including every single high value recruit, that they have given up caring about the quality of the sport at this U

If people think recruiting is suffering now, ha, just wait, more loyalty to this completely failed staff will only dessimate it to an embarrassing level

Absolutely pitiful to watch - and that's why no one is, and next yr will be worse, will be horrendous - eventually the U will have to pay attention to that and account for it
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Seth had Player of the year and two other first team CAA players and managed to come in fifth in a six team conference .
HofstraHockey

Post by HofstraHockey »

Well, a Tierney did alright this weekend. Can we swap??