Paradise Jam 2015

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
ProudofPride

Re: Paradise Jam 2015

Post by ProudofPride »

Unbelievable. We had a 7 point lead with 1:50 to go (which was also the last time we scored), and now ISU went on an 8-0 run to take a 67-66 lead. We have possession with 8 seconds left.
Flying Dutchmen

Post by Flying Dutchmen »

Bernardi and Koon did their best job to choke this one away.
jaspegs

Post by jaspegs »

Awful.
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

Koon had two free throws when we lead 66-64, and missed both. Could've made it a 2 possession game. Great comeback by the team, but overall pitiful performance in this game. We now finish 5th in the tournament. This entire team better be ashamed of themselves.
Flying Dutchmen

Post by Flying Dutchmen »

Such a quintessential Hofstra finish, found a way to lose. Bad loss to a bad team.
dutchiedoright

Post by dutchiedoright »

12 for 21....free throws.....
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

Hate to have to say it, but this is exactly why the students and community don't care to support this team. They can't play like crap against not so great teams and expect good results. The team consistently makes the same mistakes, and almost never changes anything up. They won't get support until they start to pay like they care about winning.
Polito

Post by Polito »

Well, holy s... That was absolutely PITIFUL

Terrible way to lose - I know they were gassed, but guess what, that's what it's going to take to win 3 in 3 days to take the CAA crown

And they just showed they're STILL not ready - I noted this game would show whether these guys could handle the back to back games and stay focused and hungry enough to win in a tough spot

They failed. This went from a great tourney to a very poor showing. I said they needed to score high and they could win - they played right into their hands with a low scoring bout

USC is one thing, that's a strong team, but losing tonight is not the same - no excuses for this loss, no positive to take - they blew the game - and that's exactly what they DONT need to be doing - they needed to prove they can handle an intense weekend. Blew a great opportunity to show they're ready.

S I G H ... What they showed is, they are STILL NOT READY.
Cards

Post by Cards »

They should all have to swim back to NY. Maybe Green can get swimmies for half the way (he played half a decent game). Koon played OK until the blown free throws. Everyone else just plain sucked!!!!! I don't care if Nichols had a dozen boards....neither team was even playing with centers or tall forwards......Nichols got boards and he was as tall as the tallest guys on Indiana on the court.

Indiana couldn't have tried harder to give us this game. They were just awful and we were worse.

Tired legs is a load of crap!!! Whats the excuse going to be in the CAA playoffs.....too many games I a row!!!
EvanJ

Post by EvanJ »

dutchiedoright wrote: 12 for 21....free throws.....
Indiana State won the game with much better free throw shooting. The teams made the same amount of two-pointers and three-pointers.
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

We shit the bed...lost the game in the first half...hope it was a teaching moment, sitting our "dynamic duo" on the. Bench in the first half...Still all said we blew it at the end Denton misses two free throws then fouls at the other end....Then why do we call a time out when Green has the ball with 8 seconds left...we should let him drive, pull up or get a foul, then we win...Not happy.
Cards

Post by Cards »

We lost with too any turnovers...poor passing....lousy three point shooting....no rebounding.....bad free throws.....poor inbounding.....and the list goes on!!!!!
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

Cards wrote:They should all have to swim back to NY. Maybe Green can get swimmies for half the way (he played half a decent game). Koon played OK until the blown free throws. Everyone else just plain sucked!!!!! I don't care if Nichols had a dozen boards....neither team was even playing with centers or tall forwards......Nichols got boards and he was as tall as the tallest guys on Indiana on the court.

Indiana couldn't have tried harder to give us this game. They were just awful and we were worse.

Tired legs is a load of crap!!! Whats the excuse going to be in the CAA playoffs.....too many games I a row!!!
Coaching staff should have to swim back too. Very poor decision making by everyone in the final 1:50 of the game.
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

:P
ProudofPride wrote:Hate to have to say it, but this is exactly why the students and community don't care to support this team. They can't play like crap against not so great teams and expect good results. The team consistently makes the same mistakes, and almost never changes anything up. They won't get support until they start to pay like they care about winning.
BS that's just an excuse....no marketing...students are apathetic....since we dropped football we have VERY different students who apparently don't care about sports.
daHUPride

Post by daHUPride »

Someone smarter then me is going to have to explain to this teams inability to come out on fire and/or finish a team off when we have a lead - very disappointing game.

Foul shooting - F - please Gustys call Shaq for some advice.

Still expect more from Tanksley this year - doesn't look the same player as last year - I am sorry.

This team will be burnt out before the start of conference play - unless we develop a rotation that can save some legs - we go 9 deep and 2 guys get virtually no PT - so we really go 7 deep - and 2nd half 5 guys play 19+ minutes/only 4 bench minutes in the 2nd half - so the 2nd half we 5 deep.
cactus
Site Admin

Post by cactus »

That was gross

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

HUSID80 wrote::P
ProudofPride wrote:Hate to have to say it, but this is exactly why the students and community don't care to support this team. They can't play like crap against not so great teams and expect good results. The team consistently makes the same mistakes, and almost never changes anything up. They won't get support until they start to pay like they care about winning.
BS that's just an excuse....no marketing...students are apathetic....since we dropped football we have VERY different students who apparently don't care about sports.
I can't attest to the lack of marketing in the community, but there's a lot done to promote the games to students on campus. All students get an email about every home game, the games are listed on TVs all around campus, there are signs and flyers all over, there's pretty good advertising on social media, and the players constantly tell students to come. I've actually had a lot of classes with players from both the men's and women's teams, and they tell students when it's game day and ask them to come to games. I've literally heard students say that they're not going because the team sucks. As people have said many times, once the team can consistently win and not blow late leads, then fans will start to show up.
daHUPride

Post by daHUPride »

HUSID80 wrote::P
So true, that is BS. Student AND community are both apathetic - they'll all jump on a winner or if some big name comes to town - a fan is with the team win or lose.
Dooku25

Post by Dooku25 »

I missed the first half but what a choke job at the end. Very very disappointing. They made a great comeback from 17 down to go up 7. But can somebody on this team hit a clutch free throw? Anybody? Koon had a really bad final minute- turned the ball over on an inbounds pass (just call a timeout??), missed 2 free throws, then commits foul on go ahead 3-pt play.

I disagree that the students won't show because of losses like this. We could have won all 3 games this weekend and I still don't think we would have seen a sold out Lion's Den. Our next home game is in a month, students will be away on winter break. It's nothing new. It has ALWAYS been a problem.

In the grand scheme, this loss means nothing. We are never getting an at large unless we went 27-3 or something crazy like that. Not going to happen! I am more concerned with our rotation and lack of depth once again. I cannot understand the Robinson decision. The CAA tournament is 3 games in 3 days. And right now we have 7 guys getting consistent minutes, 1 of which is freshman. We better hope Djambo returns and is actually a good player!! We also better hope one of two freshman are playing like upperclassmen by March. Going into the season, I didn't think depth would be an issue. But with the decision on Robinson and Djambo's status up in the air, this is really starting to concern me. I fear the starting 5 will wear down by March. But I trust the staff so we'll see how this unfolds down the road.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Can anyone tell me when we actually had a deep bench. This is the norm for Hofstra. When you need grad assts to fill for practice something is wrong.