Andre Walker

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
garyg

Andre Walker

Post by garyg »

Please provide opinions on Andre Walker....does anyone think he will be part of the rotation by SR year?
HU87

Re: Andre Walker

Post by HU87 »

Personally a big fan. I think he'll compete for decent minutes this year, and will be a major piece for us his jr and sr seasons. Already a good interior defender as a shot blocker and has good size and athleticism for his position. HU doesn't get many 6'10'' 3 star big men, so let's hope JAM and crew can develop him to his potential.
daHUPride

Post by daHUPride »

I too am a fan of this kid. Moves well for a big man, wish he played more or was redshirted last year. Would love to know why he did not get more minutes last year.
Polito

Post by Polito »

with proper development and utilization by the staff, and work ethic on his part, he can and should be a real impact player - guy is athletic, moves well, and is a serious shot altering defensive presence

big fan, and absolutely needs to play some real minutes this year. May not get a ton with Djambo and Koon, and that's ok if those guys are more advanced (I want the best players on the floor), but there's no way he should ride the pine this season like he did last - has huge potential IMO...he just needs experience...he needs to play.
Cards

Post by Cards »

looks like we are all a big fan of Walker. Hope he has made real progress since joining the team and is ready to step up. That seemed to be what JAM was alluding to last year when he stated that we all don't see what goes on in practice every day. I am OK with giving JAM the benefit of doubt........and I hope Walker is now ready.
garyg

Post by garyg »

I agree with you guys and believe Walker could become an important player with playing time...unfortunately I do not see him in the rotation next season...hopefully what he learns his 1st two seasons leads to bigger & better things his JR & SR years
daHUPride

Post by daHUPride »

garyg wrote:I agree with you guys and believe Walker could become an important player with playing time...unfortunately I do not see him in the rotation next season...hopefully what he learns his 1st two seasons leads to bigger & better things his JR & SR years
I also liked walker...hope he stays
garyg

Post by garyg »

AW has 10 games and who knows how many practices to be ready for CAA tourney....if he can just provide a productive 5 minutes a half that would help
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

Time to grow up Andre and make your mark on this program
The Shadow

Post by The Shadow »

AW now is the time to step up. Show that you want to be a Division 1 player that can make a difference. Play defense, get rebounds, clear space, be tough, give the ball to the guards on the break, etc. You now have the chance, seize the opportunity.
joeg1

Post by joeg1 »

There will be games RG will be in foul trouble and we will need a true big on the defensive end. Or we can play DK orr AT at the 5 and get killed.
Polito

Post by Polito »

actually, the correct statement is now is the time for the staff to finally provide more than 2 min in a game for guys like AW and JWF - kinda hard for them to prove their worth when they never see the floor...

they don't need to be out there a ton, and shouldn't be compared to the starting core, but a few extra min will be helpful to the team as a whole I think
daHUPride

Post by daHUPride »

AW can give you a few minutes - yes you are going to get a dumb foul or two, he's going to get pushed around a bit - but you'll also get a block or two, a couple of redirected shots, some rebounds - he runs well - needed him to give the Rock a break and he can give us minutes
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

He is an athlete who has tools....he will only get better and more confident
HofstraMathew

Post by HofstraMathew »

He showed today he can fill in for Rok. Definitely has the ability to block shots.
Polito

Post by Polito »

... I'm just sitting over here whistling, reading the paper, and sipping on coffee, watching this beautiful-ness unfold ...

:D :D :D
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

Let's see what happens over the next three games...that will tell us an awful lot about this team...meanwhile let's enjoy the moment