College Basketball Annuals 2014-15

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
Jojogunne

College Basketball Annuals 2014-15

Post by Jojogunne »

Lindy's, the first college basketball preview magazine, is on the newsstands. I'll save you $8: Hofstra ranks fifth, and Juan'ya Green is on the second team and is also Newcomer of the Year.
ProudofPride

Re: College Basketball Annuals 2014-15

Post by ProudofPride »

Sporting News Magazine has us 3rd (according to the CofC board). I'm not sure what else it says as I don't have the magazine.
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

dutchalum01

Post by dutchalum01 »

That analysis is a joke - aside from being inaccurate multiple times, he left out a multitude of players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Polito

Post by Polito »

a lot of unknowns obviously this yr, so it's tough to really gauge - but that's what also makes this yr so exciting! I'm going to say around 4th - feels like the safe bet, because if they gel and play to their potential they could honestly win the thing, esp with the up-in-the-air state of the CAA - BUT if they struggle coming together as a team they could easily slip to 6 or worse...

my optimism is based on the new talent, but also on the leadership of the coaching staff - I like the schedule, and I LOVED the video analysis they put together explaining the reasoning for each game - NEVER seen that kind of info/transparency/or actual game plan before at HU - so used to the BS excuses, we schedule whoever, no rhyme or reason mumbo jumbo - this staff is such a breath of fresh air

I really think that as the season progresses and they get into conf play, these guys can make some exciting things happen
hualum

Post by hualum »

I was at the Alumni Awards dinner last night. Finally got to meet Coach JM. Good guy, chatted for a few minutes. As we wrapped up he said "Don't tell anyone...but we are going to be pretty good this season...mark my words"
joeg1

Post by joeg1 »

I may be looking through tinted glasses, but I will take it a step further- we should win the caa this yr
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Joe the eternal optimist. I said anywhere from 18 to 22 wins. First half of season will be a little choppy. Guys have to learn their roles and play with each other to develop team chemistry. Our bigs other than Kone are very young.
joeg1

Post by joeg1 »

The league is not very good...seize the moment
HofstraHockey

Post by HofstraHockey »

I don't know if they should, but I think they definitely could. If they win 20ish games and at least get to the CAA semis, would be very hard to complain considering where they came from. Is the CAA going to be much better in 15-16? I know Hofstra will be.

Unrelated, did Adam Savion not make the cut? With a small roster, aren't at least another 1–2 bodies good to have? Even just to practice?
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

Based on the team picture that was posted today, Adam Savion is no longer part of the team. Looks like Dan Steinberg is still there, probably a grad assistant.
http://instagram.com/p/tI7RLCgeA7/?modal=true
Polito

Post by Polito »

Ah, love hearing that from JM!!

I'm honestly pumped for this season, been a long time since we've been able to get exciting about what the program could do

not expecting miracles, but I believe 100% in going all out to win NOW - the conf is completely up for grabs, and HU could certainly take it - just as much chance as anyone else really... next yr expecting big things, but I would also expect a place like Towson to be much improved - I believe if there's a chance, the time to play is now Now NOW!!

the post will be a ? at the start with the youth, but there's talent there...and size - just need more it, and that's likely coming in the next recruiting classes

very excited to see what this new group of guards can do - one big season to put this program back on the map, back in the media in a POSITIVE way, back to being that mid major sleeping giant, and I think we'll see a serious uptick in recruiting ability
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Polito Towson lost Bennimon to graduation. They are deep but no longer do they have a matchup nightmare that Bennimon was.
Polito

Post by Polito »

Yep, I was referring to Towson the following yr - they have a couple of nice recruits and also a transfer (I believe from Wake or something) who could make an impact

This yr IMO it's WIDE open and HU should give it everything they've got - and I think that's the plan - if they can accomplish a major turnaround, even shock and win the whole thing, they will be in a tremendous position next yr as well - so even though the league should be a bit improved next yr, I believe HU will also be improved AND experienced - which is a recipe for success.

I really believe that a big yr THIS yr that produces some media attention will lead to very strong return on the recruiting front - this staff already has shown they have the ability, and that's with a program that was down - imagine this staff with a winning program backing them up - you know me, salivating!!