New Lighting for the Mack

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
HUSID80

New Lighting for the Mack

Post by HUSID80 »

It looks like its a huge improvement over the old system. Now we can have a REAL intro for the teams!
https://gohofstra.com/news/2022/9/27/at ... hting.aspx
HofstraMathew

Re: New Lighting for the Mack

Post by HofstraMathew »

Love it. End of last season I was talking with a couple of people from the athletic department and they were mentioning this was the goal for the offseason. Glad they were able to get it done.
Polito

Post by Polito »

This is bad ass!!! FINALLY - long overdue, looks totally fantastic! Pumped to see this in action - nice job by the admin!

And IF this was truly a win due to the Pres, which is always hard to tell whether she was actually involved or just the usual empty back slapping to the Pres, then I would be thrilled and give major kudos to her as well. It's the little things that matter - it's the environment, the game day experience, the hype, the facilities, ALL of this stuff matters when working to put out a top quality D1 product.

I don't know enough about her yet, but really hoping she 'gets' the importance of athletics and re-energizes a proper focus on it.
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

Looking forward to seeing this as I go to all home games. Very excited!!
cactus
Site Admin

Post by cactus »

looks great. will change the feel of attending a game for sure. maybe i will arrive on time for a game for once to see it for intros :)
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

What a lot of other schools have been doing for a long time!! It's long overdue.
Polito

Post by Polito »

Seriously... this should've been done about, oh, a decade ago. But this kind of late to the game stuff has been the norm for HU's admin sadly.

That said, no negative helps here, it's finally done and it looks great - can only help the experience and atmosphere - very happy!

Who gets the real credit here? That's what I want to know - is this a win from the new President, a win for AD Cole finally, someone else?? I know these things are never from just one person, but I'm sure you all understand what is meant here in terms of which person really drove this home and actually 'gets it' when it comes to D1 athletics...