2022 Women's Soccer

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
HUSID80

Re: 2022 Women's Soccer

Post by HUSID80 »

Nice win for the women last night at Fordham 1-0.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Defense is solid and Skylar continues to improve in goal
Team needs to find consistant offense
We lost a ton to graduation
The team is very young on offense
So we may see some nail bitters as this offense comes together
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

stuball888 wrote:Defense is solid and Skylar continues to improve in goal
Yup believe that to be true but some good looking freshman. In Simon We Trust!!
HofstraPride1

Post by HofstraPride1 »

triplec2195 wrote:
stuball888 wrote:Defense is solid and Skylar continues to improve in goal
Yup believe that to be true but some good looking freshman. In Simon We Trust!!
Lots of room to grow but fact that team is unbeaten through four matches despite not being in sync with younger players is a great sign! Team should only get better throughout the season and hopefully will be peaking in CAA play. Brown will be a tough test tomorrow.
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

Yesterday we suffer our 1st loss against Brown who's undefeated at 4-0. We only get two shots on goal while Brown had 16. Ugly mismatch in shots hopefully it's not a foreboding of things to come offensively.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

this is a rebuilding . You cant lose the amount of players to graduation we did and not feel it on the field. Give Simon some time to get this team clicking
Polito

Post by Polito »

Looking like the game on 9/18 vs Columbia to catch a game with my ladies. We are excited for it!
HofstraPride1

Post by HofstraPride1 »

Polito wrote:Looking like the game on 9/18 vs Columbia to catch a game with my ladies. We are excited for it!
I’ll look out for you there. Tough 1-0 loss to Oregon yesterday but team actually looked overall better than they have in recent wins so hopefully a good sign. Next two matches against Princeton and Columbia will tell us a lot of where they are heading into CAA schedule.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

Really informative article about Simon and all the international connections. https://www.topdrawersoccer.com/college ... t_aid51235
HofstraPride1

Post by HofstraPride1 »

triplec2195 wrote:Really informative article about Simon and all the international connections. https://www.topdrawersoccer.com/college ... t_aid51235
Great insight on why Simon has been so successful on international front. It all started with predecessor Joanne Russell who also deserves a ton of credit for growth of program.

Polito

Post by Polito »

Quick update:

Took the fam to the game yesterday and had a great time - beautiful day, fantastic stadium, awesome to get back on campus and root for HU pre hoops - unfortunately the ladies played quite poorly and took a 2-1 L - they looked sloppy, unorganized, not much game plan, lazy at times, and Columbia took advantage - although neither had many shots on goal, I think 0 entire first half

But it was still a real fun time,my girls enjoyed it and my wife and I and our friend who’s a former player were able to use the game as a great teaching tool for my one who’s on travel

It was nice to avoid the shutout, and our lady pride def played better in the 2nd - just not enough - I know they’re in transition so I’m sure Simon will get things figured out

And it was really great to see HP1 there! Always a pleasure bud - such an HU supporter I love it - we’ll def do it again!
HofstraPride1

Post by HofstraPride1 »

Polito wrote:Quick update:

Took the fam to the game yesterday and had a great time - beautiful day, fantastic stadium, awesome to get back on campus and root for HU pre hoops - unfortunately the ladies played quite poorly and took a 2-1 L - they looked sloppy, unorganized, not much game plan, lazy at times, and Columbia took advantage - although neither had many shots on goal, I think 0 entire first half

But it was still a real fun time,my girls enjoyed it and my wife and I and our friend who’s a former player were able to use the game as a great teaching tool for my one who’s on travel

It was nice to avoid the shutout, and our lady pride def played better in the 2nd - just not enough - I know they’re in transition so I’m sure Simon will get things figured out

And it was really great to see HP1 there! Always a pleasure bud - such an HU supporter I love it - we’ll def do it again!
It was great seeing you as well and I’m glad you and your family had fun despite Hofstra not playing close to its best. Simon certainly did not mince works in postgame comments and I love how he is always demanding the best out of his players no matter the result. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2l6t6X7au4c Hopefully this proves to be low point of season and team can get off to a strong start in CAA play starting Thursday against Hampton and Sunday against William & Mary.

stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Playing Hampton tonight. halftime score is 6-0 Hofstra. Outshot them 14-1 with 12 shots on goal. Time to empty the bench.
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

stuball888 wrote:Playing Hampton tonight. halftime score is 6-0 Hofstra. Outshot them 14-1 with 12 shots on goal. Time to empty the bench.
I was just checking out Hampton’s website, and this is flat out embarrassing for them. Looks like it’s rarely updated, at least for women’s soccer. The link to the recap for the Mount St Mary’s game doesn’t work, and there are no articles about the SCSU game mentioned that was on 9/13, and no preview for this Hofstra game.

https://hamptonpirates.com/sports/womens-soccer

Score says 7-0 now, in the 2nd half. Still only 1 shot for Hampton.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Final was Hofstra eight to nothing we outshot Hampton 32 to 1 we played three goalkeepers and Simon emptied the bench nice start in conference play next week play William and Mary let’s make a two and a row
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

After watching the replay of the game I came to the conclusion that Hamptons women’s soccer team is horrible their goalie looked totally lost I counted at least four of the goals that could’ve easily been saved not taking anything away from us but I don’t think we’re going to face a team that is not as good as Hampton for the rest of the season we did what we had to do we beat up on a poor team
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

Ever so true we could have done a better job in goal then their goalie. Looked totally shell shocked and disoriented!!
HofstraPride1

2022 Women's Soccer

Post by HofstraPride1 »

An overall very disappointing CAA regular season ended with 2-1 loss to arch rival Stony Brook and it was sickening to see them celebrate on our home field. We get a major gift however courtesy of College of Charleston tying UNCW enabling us to earn the last spot in the eight-team CAA tourney. Are very fortunate field was expanded to eight this season with the new teams and not the traditional six. Hopefully can take advantage of this new life against top-seeded Monmouth in quarterfinals Thursday at 3, a team we tied and should have beaten. League is as wide open as can be and we have played better of late, but not finishing golden opportunities near the net like past teams.

Last edited by HofstraPride1 on Mon Oct 24, 2022 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

The offense is young
We Lost too much from last year also with Georgia Brown not returning it put a void in front of the net Georgia was 6 foot tall which is big for a women’s soccer player she caused a lot of matchup problems for opposing teams
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

HofstraPride1 wrote:An overall very disappointing CAA regular season ended with 2-1 loss to arch rival Stony Brook and it was sickening to see them celebrate on our home field. We get a major gift however courtesy of College of Charleston tying UNCW enabling us to earn the last spot in the eight-team CAA tourney. Are very fortunate field was expanded to eight this season with the new teams and not the traditional six. Hopefully can take advantage of this new life against top-seeded Monmouth in quarterfinals Thursday at 3, a team we tied and should have beaten. League is as wide open as can be and we have played better of late, but not finishing golden opportunities near the net like pats teams.

I never like losing to Stony Brook in anything especially men's basketball so hopefully we will return the favor this fall. Our women's soccer team is still breathing so there's always hope.