Hofstra and INFLCR for NIL - Awesome Partnership

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
Polito

Hofstra and INFLCR for NIL - Awesome Partnership

Post by Polito »

This definitely needs to be promoted - this a great partnership related to HU and NIL progress. This is SO important. Kids are getting paid today, conference realignment is the wild west, the landscape is changing, and being on top of NIL is not an option, it's an absolute requirement.

Love to see this, and hope it gets a lot of love from businesses - great platform to connect the athletes and the businesses (i.e. $) - we need this stuff to be successful for the betterment of the department - this stuff is making a big impact in recruiting, for better or worse. Very happy to see HU on top of this, nice job admin.

Now we just need businesses to step up and play. HU needs to put their flagship sports back on the map - this is why winning is so important - HU needs to remake it's name, make noise nationally, and then it's players will be able to parlay that to their own brand - this gets deals, deals get players, players bring home champs and NCAAT spots. All connected!

https://gohofstra.com/news/2022/9/6/hof ... hange.aspx
HofstraMathew

Re: Hofstra and INFLCR for NIL - Awesome Partnership

Post by HofstraMathew »

Hopefully this leads to solid NIL deals for the athletes.

Would be great if someone sets up a fan club NIL group; similar to the Gator Collective for University of Florida. This way us fans can contribute to the cause.
Polito

Re: Hofstra and INFLCR for NIL - Awesome Partnership

Post by Polito »

Yeah, the bigs are going all in of course on this - personally, if I'm being honest, I am not a fan of NIL at all and think it's going to be fully abused and ultimately ruin the college game...

BUT, that said, can't fight it, or you'll get absolutely left in the dust. It's a MUST at any level now. HU needs to promote this proactively in the corp community and get some businesses to play. HU sports need to do their part and WIN things that matter. Hoops and Lax in particular as the flagships have to win championships and go to the NCAAT in order to have any marketability for their players.

I think HU and the like should study the Sun Belt - that conference is crushing life right now, and doing it w/out the multimillion dollar NIL's, billion dollar tv deals, etc. They to me are everything that is still right and true with college football - sure there are learnings there that can be applied to hoops as well.

That conf = quality sports, good players, strong fanbases, super fun and exciting brands of ball and atmospheres, etc. YET average money at best - becoming the model to follow for mid majors IMO.