Jerry Beach's Article About the End of the ECC

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
EvanJ

Jerry Beach's Article About the End of the ECC

Post by EvanJ »

https://www.flohoops.com/articles/69305 ... -big-dance is titled "'Island Of Misfit Toys': East Coast Conference Curiosity & The Big Dance." It links to https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm ... story.html where the Los Angeles Times ran the headline "Hofstra Makes NCAA Field as 9-20 Team." The page says it came from the AP.
HofstraPride1

Re: Jerry Beach's Article About the End of the ECC

Post by HofstraPride1 »

Great feature story that captured bizarre nature of that conference and final season in a chaotic conference. I can't imagine how frustrating it must have been for fans and players knowing there was no chance of reaching Big Dance.
Flying Dutchmen

Post by Flying Dutchmen »

Good article, always wondered about that last ECC season. Any reason we hung onto the ECC for so long? Football reasons? Our football team was beginning to prosper as an Independent at that time.
HofstraPride1

Post by HofstraPride1 »

Flying Dutchmen wrote:Good article, always wondered about that last ECC season. Any reason we hung onto the ECC for so long? Football reasons? Our football team was beginning to prosper as an Independent at that time.
I know they wanted to go to the Patriot League when that formed in early 90s and when that didn't work out I guess were out of options. Not sure why North Atlantic (America East) didn't pan out earlier when Delaware and Drexel joined it from the ECC.
joeg1

Post by joeg1 »

I see Jerry is getting regular bylines in Forbes. Good for him.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk