Northeastern

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
Polito

Northeastern

Post by Polito »

NU beat FSU on the road in a game that was very similar to HU vs NCState - this is exactly how HU's game could've gone, and likely would've with a more experienced club - I see this as HU's future

NU shot very well, sinking 3's left and right - FSU struggled defending it - they came out confident, not intimidated, and that's what experience brings

I think when HU gets there, they will produce wins like this - NU shot 70% in 1st, and 40% in 2nd from deep - HU does that and they beat NC State by a solid margin

NU will be a very tough out in the CAA, as expected - they are experienced and talented - not sure about their depth, but to me they are the team to beat to win the conf - HU vs NU games should be exciting and total battles!
ProudofPride

Re: Northeastern

Post by ProudofPride »

Based on the box score, they don't appear to have much depth (3 of the started played over 30 minutes, and the other 2 played at least 20). It helps them a lot to have Quincy Ford back, as he is the primary difference between last year's team and this year's. With not much depth, it'll be interesting to see how they do down the stretch and into conference play. http://www.gonu.com/boxscore.aspx?id=5202&path=mbball
Polito

Post by Polito »

yeah, I don't think there's much on the bench, at least nowhere near the talent of the starting 5 - and that I think is HU's best shot at taking them when it really counts...

apparently Mr Ford has a brother who will also be attending NU in next yrs recruiting class, big fella 6'11 and looks to be a good player as well - that's a nice deal! Anymore Green's out there?! 8-)
Polito

Post by Polito »

NU beat Manhattan easily tonight 8-) MC not showing much yet, and JL still out which REALLY hurts them

NU shot well, completely shut down MC, and did so with 23 TO's! Guess MC couldn't take advantage of them

They will be a tough match for HU, BUT I do believe HU can beat them as I really don't think they have an ounce of depth - need to run them silly, shoot well enough to get score higher, and get one of those big guys in foul trouble by having slashers attack the hoop (just my fan 2 cents!)
HofstraHockey

Post by HofstraHockey »

For both games, the team is coming off of multiple days off, which should be good to get the legs rested. They're going to need them. Going to need Kone back, too (obviously). Back to 8 guys again, and last year they obviously showed that wasn't sustainable long term.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

The difference this year for us is that we have 4 to five scoring options. Last year nesmith and Upshaw were gassed at the end of the games because they all played 35 plus minutes. This year we have Green. Tanksley. Nesmith, Bernardi, and Robinson to pick up the scoring load. Gustys should be fine for the next game. When we get Kone back we will be just fine. This team is like a thoroughbred , it is meant to run.
Polito

Post by Polito »

agreed Stu, this team should attack Attack ATTACK, and run Run RUN - prob best way for them to beat NU - get their guys gasping for air in by the 2nd, get them playing sloppy, might get one of the stars in foul trouble, and then it's off to the races for HU

Kone's return is huge for this team - pulling for that signature win of course, but not worried about OOC so much - just get him FULLY healthy and ready to tear up the conf
Dooku25

Post by Dooku25 »

Just saw that Northeastern got smoked today by UMass 79-54.
Polito

Post by Polito »

I think UMass is a pretty good team again this yr, BUT just shows NU is of course beatable