Kone and his cane

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
Captain

Kone and his cane

Post by Captain »

I noticed Kone hobbling around with a cane tonight. Is it possible that he has had some surgery on his knee? last year Nesmith had some early season knee surgery and was back for the CAA season. My suspicion is the prayers Kone was asking for on twitter may have had to do with knee surgery. i am merely speculating but having had meniscus surgery, I needed a cane for a bit post-surgery. Regardless, we need a nice speedy recovery for him for his senior year. The freshmen bigs are getting on the job training right now. BTW did you notice that Gustys had 6 steals tonight?
Polito

Re: Kone and his cane

Post by Polito »

Team really needs him, and I believe he looked ready for a BIG yr - though I'd want him back ASAP, all for him healing properly and coming back strong, esp for what matters most: conf play
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

Word is he's out 3-4 weeks...minor surgery
Polito

Post by Polito »

Ouch... Hope all heals well for him - vital to NCAA outlook this season

Conf play most important, but I do think this will impact the OOC results a bit... Lets see how fast Gustys and Walker can develop!

In the meantime, staff needs to land another quality big body or maybe even 2 in next class - HUGE need
Cards

Post by Cards »

no cane at todays game against Wagner. He appears to be walking around OK.
Polito

Post by Polito »

Great to hear - believe he's an integral part to HUs return to dance and whether there could be more in it...
joeg1

Post by joeg1 »

If there's a silver lining in this, it's that Walker has shown he can be trusted in the rotation, and should only get better as the year goes on.
Polito

Post by Polito »

yes, Walker and Gustys really seem to have major potential - young and rough around the edges, but the talent is there and with some experience they can be absolutely dominating in the coming yrs...
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

Kone's absence for a month will truly be of great value to the two young bigs. Key is getting Kone back for the CAA slate and making sure he is healthy. We are all eager for a lot of early season wins but in the grand scheme of things ALL THAT MATTERS IS CAA PLAY!!!!
daHUPride

Post by daHUPride »

This squad needs Kone. Yes it is good for our bigs to get some experience but Kone brings strength and experience. Plus right now JAM can't take much of a chance playing Gustys and Walker together, and go big. However with Kone you can go big Gustys or Walker, Kone and Niclos or Tanksley.