Fall Sports Schedule Changes

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
ProudofPride

Fall Sports Schedule Changes

Post by ProudofPride »

Not surprisingly, several of our fall sports teams had to move game locations around due to the presidential debate. I'm glad arranges were able to be made, and it's nice of Rutgers to let us use their field hockey facility.
http://gohofstra.com/news/2016/8/4/gene ... ebate.aspx
HofstraHockey

Re: Fall Sports Schedule Changes

Post by HofstraHockey »

That's rough for the volleyball team, although the Rec Center isn't a bad spot at all. Obviously the soccer team can play at Shuart no problem.
The Shadow

Post by The Shadow »

The last two Debates also caused some location changes for the north of Hempstead Turnpike athletic offices to the two buildings by Shuart Stadium. There is a security perimeter put in place by the US Secret Service a few days before the Debate. Luckily, the HU staff has previous experience with this situation which also effects locker rooms, weight training, and practice time between games.
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

Bumping this back up. If anyone is going to the volleyball game against Stony Brook tonight, don't forget it's in the Fotness Center next to C-Square, not the Phys Ed Building where they normally play. I'm curious as to where spectators are going to be in there, it's not like there's bleachers or anything. I assume it'll either be standing room, sitting on the floor, or folding chairs.