Hofstra opening vs. Kentucky (NOT) at the coliseum

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
bobe13

Hofstra opening vs. Kentucky (NOT) at the coliseum

Post by bobe13 »

As per article in today's Newsday Coliseum will not be completed til March so game will be at Barclay's.
stuball888

Re: Hofstra opening vs. Kentucky at the coliseum

Post by stuball888 »

We all knew it. Dont be surprised if there are more delays.
Wags

Post by Wags »

Well, by now, we know that this will be at Barclays.

But announced today, tix will go on sale next week for a doubleheader featuring this game as well as St. John's vs. LIU-Brooklyn on 12/11.
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

Per Adam Zagoria, we're hosting Kentucky, not that it matters at all at a neutral site. If I'm not mistaken, when the original plan was to play at Nassau Coliseum (even though we all knew that would never actually happen), Nassau County was going to pay Kentucky a lot of money to play there, I think around $300k, and Kentucky was going to pay us a little bit. Is this still the case now that the game is officially at Barclay's?
HofstraHockey

Post by HofstraHockey »

I'm sure that Kentucky is getting a nice payday. And I'm sure they're going to give Hofstra a little something- Hofstra being the "home" team just lets Kentucky schedule more games actually at home, where they can make more money.
Polito

Post by Polito »

Couldn't care less who is getting what - HU is playing UK in NY, basically within an hours distance - THAT is all that matters!!!

Great opportunity, and the kind of high profile games HU needs to have every single year - 1-2 of these type and 1-2 tournament style with P5 matchups is ideal for marketing, recruiting, media coverage, upset opps, name recognition, etc.
Wags

Post by Wags »

Wags wrote:Well, by now, we know that this will be at Barclays.

But announced today, tix will go on sale next week for a doubleheader featuring this game as well as St. John's vs. LIU-Brooklyn on 12/11.
Now Barclays is saying tix go on sale in Sept.
ZMAN3

Post by ZMAN3 »

Why are these games on Sunday during NFL final 1/4 ? Colleges should be playing weeknights or Saturday - Sunday's are for NFL - Kentucky or no Kentucky
HofstraHockey

Post by HofstraHockey »

Because the Barclays Center schedule is done a loooong time in advance. This game was supposed to be at Nassau- they had to find an open date.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Just about everyone on this board predicted that NC would not be finished on time. BTW- there is another delay by enviornmental groups that will delay the opening even further.
HofstraHockey

Post by HofstraHockey »

They knew it too, I'm sure. Still not going to be a hot ticket at Barclays. They also have to save a certain amount of Saturday night's for NBA/NHL.
cactus
Site Admin

Post by cactus »

So the St. Johns game is at 12, the Hofstra game is at 3.

Who is going?

I would suggest we forget the St. Johns game and meet up down 4th Ave at Threes Brewing prior to the Hofstra game. They have good beer and a good sandwich shop there. It's about a 10 minute walk away from Barclays center.
HofstraMathew

Post by HofstraMathew »

cactus wrote:So the St. Johns game is at 12, the Hofstra game is at 3.

Who is going?

I would suggest we forget the St. Johns game and meet up down 4th Ave at Threes Brewing prior to the Hofstra game. They have good beer and a good sandwich shop there. It's about a 10 minute walk away from Barclays center.
do we buy tickets through Hofstra to all sit tougher? Or do we need to just buy tickets on our own?
dutchalum01

Re: Hofstra opening vs. Kentucky (NOT) at the coliseum

Post by dutchalum01 »

When I flew out to Baltimore this past year, the Hofstra tickets were much more reasonable and better location than the box office.
Cards

Post by Cards »

Below is info directly from the GoHofstra website.

Tickets for the Pride's game against Kentucky at the Barclays Center are also available through the Hofstra Athletics Ticket Office. There are three price levels available within the "Hofstra Sections" in the Barclays Center:
Section 23: $99 each
Sections 19 and 20: $59 each
Section 120: $39 each

A detailed seating chart of Barclays Center can be found here.
cactus
Site Admin

Post by cactus »

HofstraMathew wrote:
cactus wrote:So the St. Johns game is at 12, the Hofstra game is at 3.

Who is going?

do we buy tickets through Hofstra to all sit tougher? Or do we need to just buy tickets on our own?
The Hofstra tickets are group rates so they should be cheaper than buying them direct.
Polito

Post by Polito »

Definitely going, and bringing people with me 8-)
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Sat in section 23 last season. Center court 15 rows up. Tix cost me $42 then.
Wags

Post by Wags »

With #2 Kentucky winning and #1 Duke losing at MSG tonight, good chance that Kentucky might still be #1 on Dec. 11.
Polito

Post by Polito »

Oh joy.

Most of you know I have been predicting a shock the world upset. That was predicated on what I thought was going to be a very talented hard playing focused improved defensively team with some actual leadership from the upperclassmen.

Unfortunately now that I've seen this team, I've seen very little of the above. 90 damn points to a crap Sacred Heart team = about 125-150 points for Kentucky.

They might mercy rule this game - seriously. I fully expect to see the Cats play their bench guys for at least half this game out of kindness. I will still be there with fans in tow just because it's cool to see HU play UK in our home region. But I'm no longer looking forward to the game.

At least not until I see this team respecting the FULL game of basketball and someone, ANYONE who's not a true freshman, step up and lead.