Unvaccined Kyrie Irving and Andrew Wiggins Can't Play Home

Everything else
EvanJ

Unvaccined Kyrie Irving and Andrew Wiggins Can't Play Home

Post by EvanJ »

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/322 ... approaches says that some coaches are mad that NBA players do not have to be vaccinated, but just like MLB and I'm assuming other leagues, the league cann't force players to be vaccinated. Golden State's Andrew Wiggins applied for a religious to exception to being vaccinated and did not get it, so as of now he cannot play for Golden State at home. The Nets' Kyrie Irving could also have that happen. Unvaccinated players not being able to play at home can be bad PR for the NBA and for teams that want all players to be vaccinated, and teams who have to pay players their full salary for playing half of their games have a right to be mad. I am assuming that contracts allow players to be suspended without pay if they commit crimes and are incarcerated during the season, and in my opinion players should not be paid for games they cannot play because they do not comply with vaccination laws/requirements/mandates/whatever you call it. Irving was tenth in points per game in 2020-2021. Bradley Beal was second in points per game and is unvaccinated. I am assuming that Michael Kay and other sports talk hosts would rather not spend time talking about off the court/field actions that are certainly or arguably wrong, and if the Yankees win playoff games, they don't want to be overshadowed by Irving or by Covid in general.

I wonder what it would be like for a coach to have to prepare totally differently for games with and without a star player. Anybody can get injured, and even have multiple injuries within one season, but being able to only play away games could be unprecedented. Imagine if the Yankees started a season and everybody knew Aaron Judge could only play away.
Polito

Re: Unvaccined Kyrie Irving and Andrew Wiggins Can't Play Ho

Post by Polito »

Let me tell you what I think...

NAAHHHH just kidding!! LOLOL :lol:

I'm trying to be done with this topic for awhile around here. 8-)