App St @MSG on Sunday

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
joeg1

App St @MSG on Sunday

Post by joeg1 »

I got an email from Hofstra about tickets being available for Sunday's MSG game vs App State, at a minimum of $50, which I will not pay.

Just for laughs, I checked Stub Hub. (You have to search St John's, because we are the second game of their doubleheader) Lo and behold, I was able to get a ticket in section 120 for $17 ($23 all-in). Hopefully others follow suit and we can get some fan support.
pridehoops2015

Re: App St @MSG on Sunday

Post by pridehoops2015 »

there is no way hofstra is doubling the ticket price for its fans, right? like those are the tickets they were given by the garden. what do people think?
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

PH2015 I dont know what to think.I trust that Joe1 went online and got those prices. Last year I went to Barclays for the Hofstra- LIU game. The behind the basket 23 dollar tix were sold out so I asked for the corner seats (40) dollars and they were sold out. They told me I could get center court tix 15 rows up and I took them. They cost me 42 dollars. Not bad and I saw two games. I think you can probably go game day and get better seats for only slightly more money. That is what I will do.
joeg1

Post by joeg1 »

Just to be clear, you guys realize Stub Hub is a secondary market...not affiliated with the Garden or any of the schools. It's just someone who has extra tickets to sell, and is willing to take very little for them.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Just went to the garden website and saw tickets from $36 to $160. I dont think Hofstra is making much if any on the tickets. Unless St Johns is subsidizing the ticket price I dont see any tickets at $17 to $23 / Maybe you have to be a St Johns student to get those prices. Or someone is willing to take a loss or bought wholesale on Stub Hub
joeg1

Post by joeg1 »

ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

There's a free bus trip for students... Hopefully they go
bobe13

Post by bobe13 »

Once again bad timing with Jets Giants game on
EvanJ

Post by EvanJ »

bobe13 wrote: Once again bad timing with Jets Giants game on
Because of that what percent of St. John's fans do you think will leave after the first game?
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

90 Percent
Dooku25

Post by Dooku25 »

stuball888 wrote:Just went to the garden website and saw tickets from $36 to $160.
Who would pay $160 to watch St Johns vs St Francis/ Hofstra/App St?? MSG is out of their minds, which is not surprising since they scheduled this against Giants Jets. I'll be shocked if the place is half full.

They need to revamp the holiday festival and make it a tournament again, and get better teams to participate. Cactus and I were court side when we played Penn State. Think we paid 10 bucks a ticket-nothing like being a student! But besides that year, this tournament used to be alot of fun. St John's, Hofstra, Fordham, Rutgers, St Joe's, Penn State. My favorite moment is still Loren Stokes buzzer beater over St Joe's which generated quite a garden buzz.

Unfortunately I won't be able to make this one.
Flying Dutchmen

Post by Flying Dutchmen »

Dooku25 wrote:
stuball888 wrote:Just went to the garden website and saw tickets from $36 to $160.
Who would pay $160 to watch St Johns vs St Francis/ Hofstra/App St?? MSG is out of their minds, which is not surprising since they scheduled this against Giants Jets. I'll be shocked if the place is half full.

They need to revamp the holiday festival and make it a tournament again, and get better teams to participate. Cactus and I were court side when we played Penn State. Think we paid 10 bucks a ticket-nothing like being a student! But besides that year, this tournament used to be alot of fun. St John's, Hofstra, Fordham, Rutgers, St Joe's, Penn State. My favorite moment is still Loren Stokes buzzer beater over St Joe's which generated quite a garden buzz.
On principle, it's ridiculous to pay more than $40 for this event (we're the only team that's going to finish over .500), since tickets are going for about $20-25 in the lower bowl, the populace clearly agrees.

But I couldn't agree more, the Holiday Festival was a great event, and produced some of our finest moments. I went as a kid in '98 when we blew out Georgia Tech, my father and I ran into the Cremins family at the Nathans across the street from the Garden before the game, and they were talking smack lol! Rutgers next year was also a great comeback win, we really owned that tournament when Speedy was on the roster.

The Stokes shot was awesome too, my friends still bring that shot up. Can't forget Chris Gadley's very fleeting emergence for us the next night in that win over St. John's as well haha. Great tournament, it was a great platform for city hoops.

Shame it's on the same time as Jets-Giants, I may have to be a lone soldier if I decide to go last minute, can't drag anyone away from that game.
Polito

Post by Polito »

Wow, I and some fam were looking to go to this one, but not for $50 to watch App St (this is where they need to do better and schedule a game that will DRAW)

For around $25 though I'm def down...
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

Just bought two tix on StubHub Club Gold Section 107 Row 12 for $54.14 all in.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Thats center court. I saw that on the stub hub site.Too bad I have a family function or I might have gone.
Pride97

Post by Pride97 »

Looking to buy seats to the game on Sunday at MSG. I was on Stub Hub and see the tickets listed as the St John's game at 11am only. I may be overthinking this, but if you buy tickets to that game, do you get both games? I'm guessing yes, but wanted to be sure.
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

Yes the tickets are for both games. Most of the tix on the site are from St John's ticket holders. Once you print the tix you will see The Hofstra game listed as well.
Pride97

Post by Pride97 »

Thanks HUSID80. Purchased and ready to go!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

Here's an App State preview that does a nice job at outlining the players on both teams.
http://www.scout.com/college/appalachia ... me-preview
bobe13

Post by bobe13 »

Just looked at APP states roster -they have about 20 players listed? do they have a JV team that is included?