Search for new softball coach

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
stuball888

Search for new softball coach

Post by stuball888 »

Now comes an important hire for this program If we dont hire from within there are a few ways to go First off you are not getting Sara Michalowski She is making more money at Missouri as an asst coach then what Hofstra will pay for a head coach Best way to go dig into a decent midmajor in a southern conference This us taking s chance butcwe could go to Molliys softball coach Susan Cassidy Lyke who is also the AD at Molloy Thus coyld be a good fit as she knoes softball and how to raise money
HofstraPride1

Re: Search for new softball coach

Post by HofstraPride1 »

stuball888 wrote:Now comes an important hire for this program If we dont hire from within there are a few ways to go First off you are not getting Sara Michalowski She is making more money at Missouri as an asst coach then what Hofstra will pay for a head coach Best way to go dig into a decent midmajor in a southern conference This us taking s chance butcwe could go to Molliys softball coach Susan Cassidy Lyke who is also the AD at Molloy Thus coyld be a good fit as she knoes softball and how to raise money
I would go with promoting Julie Meyer, who has paid her dues under both Larissa and Jay. Also will help with stability.
HofstraHockey

Post by HofstraHockey »

Sara Michalowski Marino just got a promotion to Assoc. Head Coach at Mizzou, so I'd take her name off the list.
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

HofstraHockey wrote:Sara Michalowski Marino just got a promotion to Assoc. Head Coach at Mizzou, so I'd take her name off the list.
Probably to prevent her from taking Hofstra job…too bad.
HofstraPride1

Post by HofstraPride1 »

https://uhcougars.com/news/2021/7/2/sof ... staff.aspx

It won't be Hofstra alum and former East Carolina head coach Courtney Oliver, who was name an associate head coach at Houston today. My money is still on Julie Meyer being promoted when all is said and done.
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

Who has got any inside info. here. This has such great history here and we need to move forward and get the right coach to bring back our winning tradition.
The Shadow

Post by The Shadow »

What do you all think of the hiring of alum Adrienne Clark? Her resume seems to be very impressive.
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

This sounds like a very solid hire here really bringing back experience coaches who have a history here as players. Lets keep things in house and that could be the precedent that's now setting the tone moving forward. Let us get back to greatness here with this proud program.
HofstraPride1

Post by HofstraPride1 »

Very solid hire. She has certainly paid her dues as an assistant and I'm excited to see her hopefully grow her alma mater back to greatness.
daHUPride

Post by daHUPride »

HofstraPride1 wrote:Very solid hire. She has certainly paid her dues as an assistant and I'm excited to see her hopefully grow her alma mater back to greatness.
I like it -
She is also a very pleasant person too.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Agree solid hire Addie was a very cerebral pitcher She will bring a lot to the program Pitching is the main need of this team
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

Congrats to Adrienne...like the hire, knows the program...excited to see what she can do!
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

Home run of a hire for assistant coach!

https://gohofstra.com/news/2021/9/14/so ... staff.aspx
daHUPride

Post by daHUPride »

That is a great hire
Local Kid - Played at a High Level - (know her family - she was some athlete)
Polito

Post by Polito »

Ditto, a fantastic hire right there! Future HC. I am expecting a big impact from her both on the field and the trail. Let’s get this program back up top pls.