MBB Recruits 2018

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
Cards

Re: MBB Recruits 2018

Post by Cards »

Jojogunne wrote:An appearance in the NCAAT would he HUGE for recruiting this spring.
Couldn't agree more jojo.

Success breeds success! Everyone want to be part of a winner :)
Polito

Post by Polito »

Oh, you got that right!! Would move the dial in a big way.
Polito

Post by Polito »

So...

Any bigs fired up to come and "compete for championships"?!?

:lol:

I mean, you won't actually win any, BUT there is immediate PT available at least. And LOTS of it. That is worth something. Right??
ZMAN3

Post by ZMAN3 »

triplec2195 wrote:My initial impression of this guy is he looks like Andre The Giant on a basketball court! He certainly doesn't appear to be the most athletic!
https://youtu.be/lTcGOj-aYgY
He reminds me of Nick Ward - Michigan St's Center - Lefty, 6'8" 250 - game is basically back to basket - (Ward never passes though)
cactus
Site Admin

Post by cactus »

ZMAN3 wrote:
triplec2195 wrote:My initial impression of this guy is he looks like Andre The Giant on a basketball court! He certainly doesn't appear to be the most athletic!
https://youtu.be/lTcGOj-aYgY
He reminds me of Nick Ward - Michigan St's Center - Lefty, 6'8" 250 - game is basically back to basket - (Ward never passes though)
he is plodding but athletic around the basket. soft touch and decent awareness. should be able to alter shots on the defensive end. could certainly work with someone like that.
HUSID74

Post by HUSID74 »

Ok so where's the news here? Anybody have anything? Rumors wishes.

How about this...

Is there ANY senior on LI we would want in the program?

I think we need one or two local kids to add some fan interest.

Any ideas?
Cards

Post by Cards »

Fordham just picked up a 4 star 6"10" C. Dangit, he should have come 15 miles further east!
Cards

Post by Cards »

Here is a guy we should be all over. 6'9" PF Grad transfer from Samford with 2 years eligibility. Good size, nice D, good passer, moves real well. Coming from Sanford he might not get that much attention. Listed as a 2 star guy - IMO plays at a higher level.
The catch is he only played 2 games this year after being an all conf guy as a soph (averaged 13 pts and 10 rebs). Must have been injured. if healthy, he's a keeper. Update: just did a little digging and he had a knee issue this season so he sat out. Rumor has it that he is good to go.

http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/wyatt-walker
Polito

Post by Polito »

Well, Georgetown is going nowhere once again as I predicted getting bounced by St Johns in game 1 lol - I am keeping the dream alive baby!!!

C'mon Govan, you are wasting your time there man! Program-changer here big fella - would make HU the instant favorite IMO first year of eligibility!

Now if he came here, or a guy in that mold, my outlook would take a monster step up 8-)
HUSID74

Post by HUSID74 »

Cards wrote:Fordham just picked up a 4 star 6"10" C. Dangit, he should have come 15 miles further east!
Is this the same guy, a four star guy with only one other offer, Long Beach State?????
Guess he likes losing teams who play in the oldest gym in Div One.
Can you imagine if POLITO was on the Fordham Boards?????
Armageddon!!!!!
Polito

Post by Polito »

LOL, I can't even imagine that - I would probably be leading the charge to move to the Pat League, or to blow up the program. Both seem reasonable tactics for them.

That player they just signed is definitely no 4 star - but he is a decent 3 and good mid major pickup (not sure he's made for the A10, but certainly capable of playing for Fordham). Has great size and length obviously, a flexible 4 player, and a defensive stopper/rim protector. Not much O game yet, but for D he's valuable.

Good for them. Bad for him.

There are some programs that are just places destined to kill your career or send you into college basketball oblivion. That is one of them. But some great academic programs that will draw some guys in from time to time. But they will not win anything there for a very long time without a massive overhaul.

And yes, I'd take the HU situation all day long compared to that! Even I know things can always be worse!
budman

Post by budman »

Card the The kid is from Samford not Sanford. Big difference.
HUSID74

Post by HUSID74 »

budman wrote:Card the The kid is from Samford not Sanford. Big difference.
Bigger difference is Stanford....LOL
Flying Dutchmen

Post by Flying Dutchmen »

Cards wrote:Here is a guy we should be all over. 6'9" PF Grad transfer from Samford with 2 years eligibility. Good size, nice D, good passer, moves real well. Coming from Sanford he might not get that much attention. Listed as a 2 star guy - IMO plays at a higher level.
The catch is he only played 2 games this year after being an all conf guy as a soph (averaged 13 pts and 10 rebs). Must have been injured. if healthy, he's a keeper. Update: just did a little digging and he had a knee issue this season so he sat out. Rumor has it that he is good to go.

http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/wyatt-walker
Great find. He's like Rok, except he hits 75% of his free throws, and he tries to block shots. Walker was recruited hard by the CAA, if he he isn't looking at a higher level school, he's a plug and play for us, perfect fit for our system.
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

Yeah looks like a good fit for us so how much eligibility does he have and is he eligible right away?? We also made an offer to 3/10/2018 - 2018 PF Jacob Eyman (6-8, 205, 2★) has received an offer from Hofstra. A kid from California who appears to be the size of ST? Really a 4? BTW this kid at least in the video reminds me of this guy who played for W&M 2 years ago except Walker has a mid range game. Sean Sheldon F 6-9 252 Sr. Traverse City, Mich. / Saint Francis Catholic
Cards

Post by Cards »

Oh my goodness! In my original email I typed Samford once and Sanford once (the second being the typo). No mention of Stanford. I brought him up because I thought he might be flying under the radar a bit - Obviously if he was from Stanford - everyone would know about him and I wouldn't have even mentioned him! Picky, picky, picky :lol: :lol:

Anyway - he can play right away and has 2 years left.
Polito

Post by Polito »

Agree this is a great find Cards, kid has great size athleticism and skill set on both ends

I don't think he's going to fly under the radar though, too talented, has already been mentioned by some Illinois outlets as an option...

But he did have an injury which curtailed last season, and he's more of a depth option for the P5's so if he wants a bigger role and if he's projected to be fully recovered, then he is absolutely worth the look and effort

Love the 2 yr deal and eligible right away
HUSID74

Post by HUSID74 »

Sign him up Polito...tell him should come to Hofstra NOW!
Cards

Post by Cards »

HU offers 6'8" Jacob Eyman.

There are some articles out there that had this guy committed last fall to UTEP. Maybe he de-committed and just came up on the board. He has the rep of being a shot blocker, so maybe JM is thinking "D". He reminds me a little of ST, same kinda build, pretty athletic, runs well. Appears to better inside though, but does not have a 3 pt shot. Certainly could play the 4, not really a 5 (at least not in the CAA where most 5's are getting bigger by weight than they used to be).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDJmRmeG9eY
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

Cards wrote:HU offers 6'8" Jacob Eyman.

There are some articles out there that had this guy committed last fall to UTEP. Maybe he de-committed and just came up on the board. He has the rep of being a shot blocker, so maybe JM is thinking "D". He reminds me a little of ST, same kinda build, pretty athletic, runs well. Appears to better inside though, but does not have a 3 pt shot. Certainly could play the 4, not really a 5 (at least not in the CAA where most 5's are getting bigger by weight than they used to be).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDJmRmeG9eY
I mentioned this in a prior post Cards but thanks for the video looks like a keeper.